Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE

Post by NSimkins »

>> 2003 Vibe/Matrix Meet - Columbus, Ohio > Saturday, August 23rd> 11:00am - 5:00pm> Rain or ShineLOCATION:Dan Tobin Pontiac Buick GMC2539 Billingsley Rd.Columbus, OH 43235(614) 889-6300 or toll-free (800) 453-2488I-270 at Sawmill Rd.Check their website for a map and other information: http://www.dantobin.com/21 (vehicles) people have stated interest or confirmed they will attend:NSimkins (Vibe)msmyer (Vibe)rasermon (Vibe)Toasted7 (Vibe)willz (matrixvibe.net) (Matrix)satur9 (Vibe)scherry2 (Vibe)St.Martin (Vibe)x2nddavex (Vibe)Wrx-2-Vibe (Vibe)mu_ohio (Vibe)Pablo1669 (Vibe)NY Pete (Vibe)pwarren4 (Vibe)Brules (Vibe)george (Vibe)garrdn (Vibe)toyman (Matrix)Ragingfish (Vibe)Atwork (Vibe)burkeyro (Vibe)If you're not listed and are interested in attending, please post a reply to this thread or e-mail me at nick@genvibe.com. If you're listed and cannot make it, also please let me know.Update: Unfortunately, Jeff Strausser (GM Vibe Brand Quality Manager) will not be able to attend this meet. He is already involved in another project this day.Don't forget to bring your own vehicle cleaning accessories, chairs, drinks, food, etc.. I hope to plan on having some type of food present that day around lunch time (maybe pizza). If not, we can caravan down to a nearby establishment.
Geo

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (NSimkins)

Post by Geo »

Woohoo! :DDriving time: 8 hours 27 minutes.So, who's driving farther or am I going to take that honor again?(If so, I better get a prize! )
BADGER PRIDE
msmyer

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE

Post by msmyer »

Count of people that have sent info for placards: NSimkinsWrx-2_VibeMephScherry2St. MartinrasermonBrulesPablo1669Toasted7pwarren4mu_ohio NY Pete Willz matrixvibe.comRagingfishfire_502Atwork16 totalThanks! If you have not done so and attending please do so....at the following thread.... http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=5399
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
scherry2

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (msmyer)

Post by scherry2 »

Cool! can't wait to meet everyone.
rasermon

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (Geo)

Post by rasermon »

quote:Woohoo! :DDriving time: 8 hours 27 minutes.So, who's driving farther or am I going to take that honor again?Geo, I'm not even close..... 279.6 miles Approximate Travel Time: 5 hours 17 mins

58627=1595-overviewmap.gif
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
fire_502

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (rasermon)

Post by fire_502 »

Ok, I'm sort of kind of tossing around the idea of going to the Ohio meet. I know that's not much of a commitment, but it's all I've got right now. I'm a very indecisive girl. If everyone else is driving that far, I really have no excuse, so I'll think about it some more. 15
rasermon

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (fire_502)

Post by rasermon »

Fire, Just Do It! Seriously, it will be a great time. I'm also looking forward to meeting some new members that didn't or couldn't make it to the Mi. Super Meet.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

quote:Woohoo! :DDriving time: 8 hours 27 minutes.So, who's driving farther or am I going to take that honor again?(If so, I better get a prize! )8 hours? wow it takes me 4 1/2 to go from ft wayne indiana to janesville (I was born in monona, wisconsin) so I guess it would be around 8 hours wouldn't it.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Sweet... now we all have a place to go! Can't wait, should be a great time for sure. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and re-meeting (if that's a real word? LOL!) some from the MI Super Meet.We need more people... more, moRE, MORE!!!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
msmyer

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (Toasted7)

Post by msmyer »

I remember someone showed interest from MatrixVibe.net group, did anyone post the specifics for them on their site?

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
esjones

Post by esjones »

Can't promise, but I'll sure try to attend.
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
x2nddavex

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (esjones)

Post by x2nddavex »

Estimated drivin time, like 30 minuts hahaha. im an (removed)
Owned your Civic. Hows the view from behind?
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:I remember someone showed interest from MatrixVibe.net group, did anyone post the specifics for them on their site?I posted to MO.com, and will post to MatrixVibe.net later today.
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

I'm thinking on spending the night after the meet. Anyone make reservations for a room yet?
fire_502

Post by fire_502 »

quote:I'm thinking on spending the night after the meet. Anyone make reservations for a room yet?Yeah, that's another thing I was wondering if I were to attend...I don't think I would really feel like driving all the way back. rasermon, if you make reservations somewhere, will you let me know where you'll be and how much it's costing you?
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

quote:Yeah, that's another thing I was wondering if I were to attend...I don't think I would really feel like driving all the way back. rasermon, if you make reservations somewhere, will you let me know where you'll be and how much it's costing you? Sure thing, I'll look into it. Be cool to have a bunch of us at one place....
fire_502

Post by fire_502 »

Yes, it would. Hotels have free ice, their bathtubs can hold lots of beer, and it doesn't get better than a 10-second walk home.
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be there16
-Brian
msmyer

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (Pablo1669)

Post by msmyer »

quote:hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be thereLooking forward to meeting you, Brian!

Geo

Post by Geo »

quote:hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be thereJust make sure you stay away from the weight rooms for at least a week before the meet
BADGER PRIDE
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

quote:Yes, it would. Hotels have free ice, their bathtubs can hold lots of beer, and it doesn't get better than a 10-second walk home. I can't agree with that more! The "lots of beer" part... I like! A lot of us together... sounds like an Ohio Meet afterparty in the making to me!?! Thoughts on this? OR
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

quote:hey guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be thereJust make sure you stay away from the weight rooms for at least a week before the meet Oh, you're going down sucker!!!
-Brian
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

Brian, it was easy picking you out at the Mi. meet. You stuck out like a sore thumb. (toe)....
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

quote:Yes, it would. Hotels have free ice, their bathtubs can hold lots of beer, and it doesn't get better than a 10-second walk home. Tentative meet hours: 11:00am - 5:00pm Party: 5:01pm - 11:00pmFire_502 you have it all together.
fire_502

Post by fire_502 »

The best plans are the simple ones.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:Tentative meet hours: 11:00am - 5:00pm Party: 5:01pm - 11:00pmHell I might STAY! LoL

Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

quote:Brian, it was easy picking you out at the Mi. meet. You stuck out like a sore thumb. (toe).... Dang, everyone in here is a comedian... Side note... I'll be bringing a friend, so there's 2 coming in my car
-Brian
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

So the party suggestion seems to be a good one... is this after party actually official? I'm sure I will hang around if it is, can't pass up a good party!!!
fire_502

Post by fire_502 »

I'm thinking it might depend on who is staying and where. I'm not even sure I'm going for sure. I'm more of an idea person though. I'm not even from Ohio; I think that eliminates me from confirming any sort of plan.
Geo

Post by Geo »

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!Did someone say party? ^_^ Let me know where I can sign up!
BADGER PRIDE
St. Martin

Post by St. Martin »

Hey, I've got a question: We've scheduled the meet and the party, what about the race!?!? I'd like to see the extra 2 hp that the unorthodox racing pulley puts up against my stock pulley! I guess if anyone is driving from S.E. ohio, we could do the race on the way up!
Sold the vibe.Sorry, GM. I bought an Acura.
satur9

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (St. Martin)

Post by satur9 »

on the street or track i would love a race hate a ticket(broad daylight not a good time).any tracks in that area if the final location isnt already set lets find a track. ive been dying to go.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Toasted7

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (satur9)

Post by Toasted7 »

A Vibe rally... a party... and a race? Wow, sounds like fun to me!
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:I remember someone showed interest from MatrixVibe.net group, did anyone post the specifics for them on their site?I posted to MO.com, and will post to MatrixVibe.net later today.Has anyone ever heard anything from Toyman? I remember him saying about getting some matrix there! FROM http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=4964&page=2 quote: I am visiting from the Matrix site.. is is allright if some matrix owners join up with you guys for your meet? .. if so... i would say you got 2-6 more coming

philndz

Post by philndz »

quote:A Vibe rally... a party... and a race? Wow, sounds like fun to me!You know this might be a really cool idea for a future meet....say at a race track...people can mingle, tune and tweak mods etc...and then race. I think it would be great for a bunch of us together to be able to work on launches and w/ a little competitiveness see who can run the best times and even compare a modded base to a stock GT would be fun too!JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.......but im excited already!
2003 Shadow Vibe Base 5spd - 53,000 MilesFlowmaster 60 series exhaust - Short Ram Intake SystemKonig Kaliber 17x7 Rims w/ 225-45-17 Kumho Ecsta 711's - Hotchkis Springs - Progress Rear anti-sway Bar My Vibe is FOR SALE: $8900
Meph

Post by Meph »

Sounds like a blast!I'm in as of right now, something could aways come up though.This'd be my first Vibe meet, so be gentle!17
fire_502

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (Meph)

Post by fire_502 »

quote:I'm in as of right now, something could aways come up though.me too.quote:This'd be my first Vibe meet, so be gentle!me too. 18
Geo

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE (Meph)

Post by Geo »

Meph: Welcome to GenVibe :DWe'll be gentle, no worries! *puts away the whip* Also: AWESOME Signature. I don't know nearly enough Japanese as I would like to (read: I don't know any japanese and I want to learn it) so would ya mind letting us know what it says? (And if I am wrong and it isn't Kanji ... smack me a bit, ok? )
BADGER PRIDE
Meph

Post by Meph »

Thanks, I made the sig myself with photoshop and thanks for the welcome! You're right, it is Kanji and you're right, it is Japanese, even though it's hard to tell by just looking at Kanji alone. Usually you can tell if it's Japanese if there's Hiragana (simple curly letters) and Katakana (simple blocky letters) thrown in there. But I think one could guess it was Japanese from the girl (Chikage) in the left side.Anyway, I digress. It says: karoushi (ka = overdo, rou = labor, shi = death) It means quite literally, "death from overwork". In Japan, people work very hard by nature. Because of the economy being bad as it has in east Asia for the last few years, companies lay off scores of people and leave one person left to do all the work. Mostly middle-aged men between 40 and 50 would work thier butts off and end up dying of heart failure. This happens often enough that they made a word for the phenomenon.I work at least 50 hours a week right now, hardly enough to kill me, but I thought it was a fitting name for my character in a game I play online... that is, when I have the time.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Ohio Meet - Location Confirmed - RSVP HERE

Post by NSimkins »

Official meet time is confirmed 11:00am - 5:00pm. I will be there at least an hour early for preparation assistance, etc..If you are interested in attending and haven't made an RSVP yet, please do so here soon! You can always e-mail me at nick@genvibe.com if desired.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:I will be there at least an hour early for preparation assistance, etc..Are we making name cards?

rasermon

Post by rasermon »

quote:Are we making name cards? I still have my placard from the MI. meet that I'll be using. I'll need to pencil in Hotchkis springs this week.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:Are we making name cards? I still have my placard from the MI. meet that I'll be using. I'll need to pencil in Hotchkis springs this week. I thought about “volunteering” to make ones for the OHIO meet! Let me know if you guys are interested! Just trying to contribute in any way possible!

Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

As CaCathy if she still has the template from our michigan meet... I'm pretty sure she made the ones we used then... I've still got mine too.
-Brian
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Sure, if you want to do nametags and/or vehicle placards, that would be great. Whoever steps up will need to create another post to get the information rolling to you. The sooner the better.Also, whoever decides to do the placards/nametags, make sure you bring some blank ones for the participants to fill out the day of the meet in case they didn't get info to you before then.Start a new post and we'll see how we can get this rolling.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

That's no problem.... I'd love to help! I'll do it! What info did you guys use on the MI ones?

NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

NameMember Name (corresponding site - GenVibe/MO/MatrixVibe)Vehicle make/model, ColorFrom LocationCar NameCurrent modsFuture modsAnything other than that is up to you... as far as designs as well.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:Member Name (corresponding site - GenVibe/MO/MatrixVibe)Is there any members form "other" sites coming? If so will you post my GenVibe post there...so I can get their info?

NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:Is there any members form "other" sites coming? If so will you post my GenVibe post there...so I can get their info?Yes. Sure, make your post and I'll take care of it.
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

quote:That's no problem.... I'd love to help! I'll do it! What info did you guys use on the MI ones? Thanks again to Cathy for the placards for the Mi. meet.Here is a pic of my placard.

60516=1682-Image-01.jpg