Chicagoland GenVibe meet - Sept. 8 - Morris, IL

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
vibenvy

Chicagoland GenVibe meet - Sept. 8 - Morris, IL

Post by vibenvy »

Chicagoland GenVibe meet at the Morris, Illinois Cruise Night

Saturday September 8th 2012

Meet at 5pm at Big R -
2655 Sycamore Drive
Morris, Illinois 60450

We will meet at 5pm at Big R (located on the west side of Route 47 just south of I 80) in Morris, Illinois. Once everyone arrives, we will "cruise" to downtown Morris and enter our Vibes in the cruise night. It is $10.00 to enter your vehicle (the money goes to whatever charitable group is sponsoring the cruise night that night). Each vehicle entry receives a goody bag with one or two (can't remember for sure :?) 50/50 drawing tickets and a bunch of other neat stuff. You do not need to enter your Vibe in the cruise night if you don't want to. You can park somewhere outside the cruise night and come sit with us and hang out. The cruise night officially goes from 6pm - 9pm, so we can decide if we want to go eat as a group afterward or whatever. You do not need to feel obligated to stay the entire time either. You can leave whenever you want. There is always plenty of food and beverages available at many different places throughout downtown if you so desire, so the only thing you need to bring is a chair to sit on.

Please add yourself to the list if you will be joining us:

1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)
2. ponta2147 (Michelle) + her husband Chris
3. Nitetrain (Ryan)
4. Wingnut (Eric) + his wife & son
5. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + his girlfriend
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nitetrain

Re: Chicagoland GenVibe meet?

Post by Nitetrain »

OK, that sounds like fun,

I vote for September 8th to meet up and take a look around at the Morris, IL Cruise Night. 6:00-9:00pm.

NT
~Going Down The Road Feeling Bad~
~Black 2009 2.4 L Automatic FWD Base Vibe~
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Hmmmmmm. Possibly both dates are good for me. Only a 4hr drive so not a big deal. Need to see those of you who didn't make it to Erie. I'll keep you posted .............. :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nitetrain wrote:OK, that sounds like fun,

I vote for September 8th to meet up and take a look around at the Morris, IL Cruise Night. 6:00-9:00pm.
September 8th is fine with me! What does else everyone else think?

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Vibe Nitetrain ;)!
tpollauf wrote:Hmmmmmm. Possibly both dates are good for me. Only a 4hr drive so not a big deal. Need to see those of you who didn't make it to Erie. I'll keep you posted .............. :)
Tim, it would be awesome if you could make it!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

So far the date is open for me!
And I might be down in Sandwich the day before too, the hot air balloon company my dad does work with is doing a launch at the Sandwich Fair :p
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

You have no idea how badly I'd love to go, and meet up with some of you... especially you, Carrie! If it all works out, I may just be crazy enough to get off work and drive down.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ponta2147 wrote:So far the date is open for me!
And I might be down in Sandwich the day before too, the hot air balloon company my dad does work with is doing a launch at the Sandwich Fair :p
Awesome! Let me know if you do come down and perhaps we could meet up at the Fair or something. Have you and/or Chris ever been to the Sandwich Fair?
KITT222 wrote:You have no idea how badly I'd love to go, and meet up with some of you... especially you, Carrie! If it all works out, I may just be crazy enough to get off work and drive down.
Oh man... it'd be great if you and Tim would both come! This Cruise Night is awesome. They typically have at least 500 cars. I've seen as many as 750+ there when the weather is nice. You guys would love it and it'd be fun to have a little section all to ourselves to show off our Vibes to everyone :D!

Keep the opinions and all coming guys and gals!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

J_TO_ENVY wrote: Oh man... it'd be great if you and Tim would both come! This Cruise Night is awesome.

Sort of broke this news to my other half :roll: I got several replies. One of them being "isn't one meet a year good enough for you?" Then she calmed down and said "we can discuss this possibility later". I told her you Chicagoans are more fun and she'd probably have a better time than what we did in Erie. We'll see. I can always come solo :? More later as the situation develops.

DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

The Morris show's right off RT47 right? Heard good things about it. If the date works for me, I'd be up for it. Only 35-40 miles from my place so me and the kids would probably take my Duster and have my wife follow me in the Vibe. Let's see.... about 3 gallons round trip Hi-Octane for the Vibe, and 12-13 gallons for the Duster... :shock: LOL

Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:Sort of broke this news to my other half :roll: I got several replies. One of them being "isn't one meet a year good enough for you?" Then she calmed down and said "we can discuss this possibility later". I told her you Chicagoans are more fun and she'd probably have a better time than what we did in Erie. We'll see. I can always come solo :? More later as the situation develops.
LOL! I hope you can make it with or without her :P! Morris, Illinois is right off of I 80, so there are plenty of nice places to stay if you're so inclined.
DiveNut wrote:The Morris show's right off RT47 right? Heard good things about it. If the date works for me, I'd be up for it. Only 35-40 miles from my place so me and the kids would probably take my Duster and have my wife follow me in the Vibe. Let's see.... about 3 gallons round trip Hi-Octane for the Vibe, and 12-13 gallons for the Duster... :shock: LOL
Yep. It's in downtown Morris. They block off the main street and pretty much all the sides streets for the Cruise Nights. It's a great time and there's always some amazing vehicles there. I'd love to see the Duster in person :D! Hope you and the family can make it Pat!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Awesome! Let me know if you do come down and perhaps we could meet up at the Fair or something. Have you and/or Chris ever been to the Sandwich Fair?
No I have not, so it should be a good time! I'll keep you updated.
And I've blocked off Sept 8th in the calendar as a meet. Barring some sort of work emergency (or people wanting to pay me/Chris a whole lot of money that day, lol) it's on the schedule! :D
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ponta2147 wrote:No I have not, so it should be a good time! I'll keep you updated.
And I've blocked off Sept 8th in the calendar as a meet. Barring some sort of work emergency (or people wanting to pay me/Chris a whole lot of money that day, lol) it's on the schedule! :D
Yeah, it's pretty fun! I can't wait to get out there and get my alligator meat :D!

Woo hoo! September 8th it is! I will post more info about where we can meet and all this weekend...
Nitetrain

Post by Nitetrain »

Cool, I am totally geeked! And Nitetrain will be all geeked-out soon, which includes some new paint and an engine steam-clean, some time before Sept 8th.

NT
~Going Down The Road Feeling Bad~
~Black 2009 2.4 L Automatic FWD Base Vibe~
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nitetrain wrote:Cool, I am totally geeked! And Nitetrain will be all geeked-out soon, which includes some new paint and an engine steam-clean, some time before Sept 8th.
Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your Vibe!

Would you by chance be interested in some GM Vibe rubber floor mats and/or a cargo mat? I am going to be selling mine soon to get some floor liners instead. Everything's in excellent condition. Click on my signature picture to visit my Garage and see pictures of everything. If you did want anything, I'll gladly bring it to Morris for you ;).
vibenvy

Re: Chicagoland GenVibe meet - Sept. 8 - Morris, IL

Post by vibenvy »

I updated the original post with all the info for the September 8th meet in Morris.

I am in the process of sending the link for this thread to Tim (houseofbugs), Jerry (ramenboy...) and Eric (WingNut) on Facebook.

If anyone wants/needs my cell phone number in case you get lost on your way to Morris or anything, please private message me and I will give it to you.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Count me in once I check with the lady. I I miss you Vibe geeks! :)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

houseofbugs wrote:Count me in once I check with the lady. I I miss you Vibe geeks! :)
Awww... we miss you too Tim :D! Can't wait to finally see the HHR in person ;)!
Last edited by vibenvy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone. Things have been very busy lately. :( This meet sounds fun! I will be there but please don't look to close to my vibe. I've been using it for work. I will clean it up but the front lower ground effects are still busted. :cry: I'm embarrased to even show it! I'll come to meet everyone though. By next year it will be ready for show. :)
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Wingnut wrote:Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone. Things have been very busy lately. :( This meet sounds fun! I will be there but please don't look to close to my vibe. I've been using it for work. I will clean it up but the front lower ground effects are still busted. :cry: I'm embarrased to even show it! I'll come to meet everyone though. By next year it will be ready for show. :)
No problem Eric! Glad to hear you're coming and I'm still anxious to see your Vibe in person, busted ground effects or not :D!
Last edited by vibenvy on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Will look ugly but I more then look forward to meeting you and everyone else! 8-)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Wingnut wrote:Will look ugly but I more then look forward to meeting you and everyone else! 8-)
Ah, don't worry... it's more about the people then it is about the Vibes anyway ;)!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I hope everyone thinks about it that way. :D It won't look horrible, just bad. :cry:

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Man, this would be great if I wasn't driving all over the place the weekend before.

Take a vibe load of pics to add to our portfolios. Lol
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:Man, this would be great if I wasn't driving all over the place the weekend before.

Take a vibe load of pics to add to our portfolios. Lol
Yeah, it's too bad you can't make it out :(. That would be awesome!

I will definitely take lots of pictures and I'm sure others will as well ;)!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

One week away...

Who's in? Who's out? Who's a maybe?

I'll be sporting my GenVibe t-shirt and am also hoping to have a few new goodies for the Vibe by next Saturday :D! As of right now, the weather is looking perfect; sunny and 75ish. Can't wait!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Received confirmation on Facebook last night that houseofbugs (Tim H.) and his girlfriend will be there in Tim's 2010 HHR SS Turbo :D!
Last edited by vibenvy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I won't be going. I might be crazy enough, but my friend came home from Basic Training today, and we're going to hang out next weekend. I'm looking really forward to catching up with him, so I'll be up here. I'd love to go, though. If this would've been during my MEA break there would be no question about it. Oh well. Have fun and take pics!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

KITT222 wrote:I won't be going. I might be crazy enough, but my friend came home from Basic Training today, and we're going to hang out next weekend. I'm looking really forward to catching up with him, so I'll be up here. I'd love to go, though. If this would've been during my MEA break there would be no question about it. Oh well. Have fun and take pics!
Totally understandable Nick. You can count on plenty of pictures ;)!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I've been working 7 days a week lately. I'll be there but haven't had time to do anything but drive the hell out of my vibe. :cry:

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Wingnut wrote:I've been working 7 days a week lately. I'll be there but haven't had time to do anything but drive the (removed) out of my vibe. :cry:
Don't worry about it Eric. I was actually thinking, if we wanted, we could forget about entering our Vibes in the cruise night and just go as group to check it out, then go eat afterward or something. I guess we can discuss it in person once everyone arrives on Saturday.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Sounds good to me. It's what every one else decides to do.

ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Whatever! I just want to see everyone!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Oh.. by the way. It will probably be myself, wife and son. :)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ponta2147 wrote:Whatever! I just want to see everyone!
Wingnut wrote:Oh.. by the way. It will probably be myself, wife and son. :)
Same here Michelle! The more the merrier Eric :)!

Saturday morning I'll be cleaning the Vibe up and getting it all ready to go. Can't wait :D!
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Not looking good for me. :x My wife's working and the girls have a late soccer game. May try to run down there solo with the Duster. Will track you all down if I can swing it.

Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Just like DriveNut, not looking good for me either. Too many other activities taking place this same weekend and the 4 hour drive is the drawback. Me & the Vibe would love the drive BUT it won't happen this time. Post lots of pics and we'll get together at an auto show or something like that in the spring. Have fun without me ...................... Tim

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

DiveNut wrote:Not looking good for me. :x My wife's working and the girls have a late soccer game. May try to run down there solo with the Duster. Will track you all down if I can swing it.
tpollauf wrote:Just like DiveNut, not looking good for me either. Too many other activities taking place this same weekend and the 4 hour drive is the drawback. Me & the Vibe would love the drive BUT it won't happen this time. Post lots of pics and we'll get together at an auto show or something like that in the spring. Have fun without me
No problem guys. Thanks for posting and letting us know. Don't worry... there will be plenty of pictures ;)!

1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)
2. ponta2147 (Michelle) + her husband Chris
3. Nitetrain (Ryan)
4. Wingnut (Eric) + his wife & son
5. houseofbugs (Tim H.) + his girlfriend

Current weather forecast for Saturday / Saturday night - Sunny. Highs around 70. Northwest winds 10-15 mph. / Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Bump for awesome! We will bring some chairs!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Well, the dogs woke me up at 7 this morning so I decided to get going on cleaning the Vibe. I just finished so I am going to take a shower, then a nap and leave at 4. I'll see everyone at 5 in Morris :D!!!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I just got ready to start cleaning the Vibe. :lol:

DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Couldn't ask for a more perfect day. You all have fun and drive safe. There's still an outside shot I may run down with the Duster if my wife can leave work a bit early to cover the soccer game. If so, I'll be the old guy in the obnoxious yellow Duster. ;)

Take care folks,
Pat

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Hope you guys are having fun!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I don't know about everyone else but I had a great time!! 8-)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Wingnut wrote:I don't know about everyone else but I had a great time!! 8-)
Same here :D! The weather was perfect, we got to check out 740+ awesome vehicles (of course we know the best vehicles were those 4 Vibes :lol:), we witnessed a "hit & run" and then got to see the perpetrator get pulled over by a cop on a golf cart... couldn't have been any more fun! It was great to meet everyone and see your Vibes in person. I'm glad everyone had a good time :)! Remember, there's another one in October :P!

I'm going to make a seperate thread with my pictures (only 8 :cry:) in the Vibe Lounge Forum...
Last edited by vibenvy on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »