Michigan Tornado Vibe

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ColonelPanic

Michigan Tornado Vibe

Post by ColonelPanic »

Hope everyone is OK up there!I noticed a lava in the garage in a photo on usa today..Found it on the Detroit Free Press site...http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/p...&q=60Wondering if this is a member here? It's been an awful year so far in the midwest and winter is still here.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
CAMOGIRL

Re: Michigan Tornado Vibe (ColonelPanic)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

that's a crazy shot! looks like it should drive at least, wonder what that garage door did to the rear end...I am worried as well about tornado season this year. We have already had a few small towns annihilated...
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Fox News Detroit specifically had their helicopter camera on that exact house, but it was from the front of the home. When they mentioned the garage door was sucked into the garage, the Vibe was completely covered, so I never saw it. I know this is the house, because the news anchor paid particular attention to the wall in the foreground that had just simply fallen over. Scary stuff. Only 40 miles from my location. We just don't get these weather events too often in our state, especially this time of year. They've not reported any deaths as a result of these tornados, which is relieving and absolutely amazing, considering how random the paths seemed to be, and especially the time of day (rush hour).
Steelies to the rescue.
ColonelPanic

Re: Michigan Tornado Vibe (jkm311)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »We just don't get these weather events too often in our state, especially this time of year.It's crazy, what do we have to look forward to for spring? Two weeks ago today, a small town only 10 miles from home was devastated by an EF-4. Mother nature is angry!My thoughts are with the people of Michigan affected by this. It is good to hear there weren't any deaths, unfortunately that was not the case down here.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

We were barely spared this destruction to your South here in Toledo Glad my house wasn't built by the builder of this one That seems extremely odd that the entire wall would come off and not one sign of stress at any of the corners where it should have been anchored to. Oh and hopefully for the Vibe, it only has a few scratches on it & maybe minor dents or two
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"