Vibe vs bus - MI

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
joatmon

Vibe vs bus - MI

Post by joatmon »

bus winshttp://www.sentinel-standard.c...identQuote »Bus rear-ends vehicle on M-66, no students injuredEATON TWP., Mich. —Non life-threatening injuries were sustained in an accident that occurred at approximately 4:17 p.m. Thursday involving two vehicles and an Ionia Public School bus transporting a dozen children.The collision took place north of Ionia along M-66 between Dildine Road and Parmeter Road. A police report by the ICSO said a 2005 Pontiac Vibe driven by a 47-year-old woman from Ionia was traveling southbound with a 12-year-old passenger and was struck by a 58-year old female driving the bus. According to a police report, the collision from the bus caused the Pontiac to cross the center line and strike a 1996 Dodge Neon driven by a 30-year-old man from Belding who was traveling with a 25-year-old passenger.According to Ionia County Sheriff’s Office Road Sergeant Joseph White, no children were injured and injuries sustained by the Pontiac driver and passenger are non life-threatening. The pair were transported to Sparrow Ionia Hospital.The two people in the Neon sustained minor injuries and found their own medical attention, said the police report.Ionia Public Schools Associate Superintendent, Ben Kirby, said approximately 12 students were still riding the bus, as it was nearing the end of the route. Article doesn't say who caused the accident

Attached files
jkm311

Re: Vibe vs bus - MI (joatmon)

Post by jkm311 »

Glad everyone is still with us. I pass by Ionia on I-96 once a month or so.
Steelies to the rescue.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Wasn't someone looking for a RH headlamp recently?
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
tpollauf

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by tpollauf »

More proof on how safe these Vibes for us owners who drive them Maybe this has a manual tranny which some of the members here could use on the o3's where the bearings were going out. From the looks of this Vibe there may not be many good parts available to reuse.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jake75

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by jake75 »

Bus rear ends vehicle - seems to me that is assured clear distance violation. But how did all that damage occur from a rear end collision? Interesting to see the fireman scooping up the debris. Here in Columbus the police/fireman typically just leave it it n the street for the rest of us to dodge. I guess their union contract doesn't cover that.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
CAMOGIRL

Re: (jake75)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

there was another vehicle involved when the Vibe crossed into the other lane after the rear ending.Seeing the amount of damage to a pretty Vibe hurts, but they are amazing little life savers, IF you're buckled up and stay inside
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
tpollauf

Re: (jake75)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »Here in Columbus the police/fireman typically just leave it it n the street for the rest of us to dodge. I guess their union contract doesn't cover that. (removed) Good one Jerome Actually if they leave the debris in the road (Toledo's not much better, trust me) it will likely cause ANOTHER accident (can you say Job security ). I was one of those "scavengers" at an accident scene once several years ago. My son when he was 5 or 6 years was obsessed with street lights, traffic lights, etc. to the point that he wanted one REAL bad. Well there was an accident to where a car leveled a light post and knocked the street light to the ground. He begged me to go back and get the damaged street light. I was so touched by his request that later that night (more like earlier the next morning) when nobody was around, I drove back to the scene and quickly grabbed what I could and presented it to my son the next day. That really made his day
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"