New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are lucky to be alive.

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
BlueCrush

New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are lucky to be alive.

Post by BlueCrush »

http://www.kare11.com/news/new...81108 Quote »New Ulm family battered as deer flies in and out of carMINNEAPOLIS -- Chris and Sue Blake and their 17-year-old daughter Olivia didn't set out to bag a deer on the first day of hunting season. Unfortunately the deer found them."I remember another car in the other lane coming toward me and literally that's all I remember," said Chris Monday night from his bed at Hennepin County Medical Center.The Blakes, from New Ulm, were headed out for Pizza Saturday evening on Hwy. 68 in Blue Earth County, when an oncoming Ford Taurus struck a deer directly in front of them. The small buck went airborne and flew onto the hood of the Blake's Pontiac Vibe."It came right through the windshield and actually t-boned me in the face," said Chris.But the buck didn't stop there. It glanced off sue in the passenger seat, scratching her face and bruising her shoulder, then smacked Olivia in the face as she sat behind her mom in the back seat. Still the deer had enough momentum to go through the back window and out of the car."In my 20 years with the patrol I think this is the first time that I've had a deer come through the windshield, go all the way through the car and then out the back," said the investigating officer, Trooper Mark Fahning of the Minnesota State Patrol.Sue says it was over in a split second. "I said 'deer' and about the same time it was like a scene from Twister."Like a twister, this one did its share of damage. "I have broken bones in my sinus cavity," said Chris, his eyes swollen so badly he can barely see. "Both sockets of my eyes are busted, my nose is broken and my upper jaw bone is broken." He's been told he'll need at least two surgeries to realign the bones in his face. On Tuesday the medical staff at HCMC will wire Chris's jaw shut.With a broken nose, fractured cheek and swollen face of her own, Olivia has two weeks to heal before playing the lead in "Hello Dolly" at New Ulm High School. "I hope to God, because we have no understudy and I don't want to let everyone down," she said.Count the Blakes bruised, broken -- and grateful."I'm amazed were all still sitting here," said Chris. "Just have to be thankful."(Copyright 2010 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
VforVIBE

Re: New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are lucky to be alive. (BlueCrush)

Post by VforVIBE »

wow, just wow
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
03VibeOttawa

Re: New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are lucky to be alive. (BlueCrush)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
lovemyraffe

Re: New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are lucky to be alive. (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Feelin’ The Vibe » +1
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
kostby

Post by kostby »

WOW indeed. Just saw the story on Indianapolis news and remarked 'That's a Vibe!' They're lucky to be alive!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

That thing must have been flying pretty fast to go all the way through the car. I'm surprised that they all kept their heads (literally)!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

Thanks BCI didn't know it was a Vibe.3 very fortunate peopleHope for a speedy recovery
morbay

Post by morbay »

Holy...
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

At the velocity that critter must have traveled through their car it is miraculous they weren't decapitated. WOW!
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Added another bigger pic.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Bedlam

Post by Bedlam »

holy crap. that is an amazing story. Glad everyone survived. It is a truly unbelievable sequence of events.Hope everyone heals up and can move on. It is miraculous that they all walked away from that with relatively minor injuries for the severity of the incident.
07 1ZZ 5spd Stealth - Sold
03 1ZZ 6spd Shadow w/NAV - For Sale
06 AWD Stealth - Current
07 Magnum SRT-8 - Current
tpollauf

Re: (Bedlam)

Post by tpollauf »

What a mess Glad all occupants will be back to normal soon AND hopefully they find another Vibe to replace this totaled one Seeing how they survived this mishap they should realize the value & safety of the Vibe
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Incredible.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

glad i did a quick search and didnt double post this, meant to post days ago but didnt get around to it lolanyways heres another link with another small videohttp://abcnews.go.com/US/deer-...35148
ahoyhoy749

Re: New Ulm, MN - Flying Deer vs. Vibe - Unreal!! They are

Post by ahoyhoy749 »

That's crazy! I saw this news article when it first came out but didn't may it much attention. That's amazing that they even survived such an ordeal!