Illinois Meet? SOON?

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ponta2147

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Sounds good here!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
areles

Post by areles »

Is this strictly for Illini vibers?
tribalman

Re: (areles)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by areles »Is this strictly for Illini vibers? heck no! more the merrier. except for that one time....... *shudder*
None. Vibe is gone.
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

So what kind of numbers are we looking at??I will know last minute if i can go so lets hope for the best:so far its" ponta, JtoEnvy, Me..
BLACKEDOUTVIB04 Abyss Vibe 5 spdCosmo Racing Cold Air Intake Custom Cat-back Exhaust20% Tint All AroundAlpine Head Unit, Eclipse 800w Amp, 2 12" subs ported/neon. Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
ponta2147

Re: (BLACKEDOUTVIB)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »So what kind of numbers are we looking at??I will know last minute if i can go so lets hope for the best:so far its" ponta, JtoEnvy, Me..And houseofbugs.... possibly also ramenboy... what about you, tribalman?... bringing my husband too but he doesn't have a vibe... and let's not forget JTOENVY's MOM with her vibe NEED MOAR VIBEZ
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tribalman

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by tribalman »

me? it'll depend on how i feel. friday into saturday i have 12 hours of work, then just a couple of hours of sleep then i'm going paintballing. i'll be done at about 5. usually when i get home at 6pm i crash until afternoon sunday.
None. Vibe is gone.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Gon' halfta koundt I'm oudt disa meat.....Wifey says we will be in Springfield that weekend.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Sounds good here!Alright! Chinese Buffet it is!Quote, originally posted by areles »Is this strictly for Illini vibers?Heck no Ron! You're more than welcome to come! You could meet my mom and check out her Steel Blue Metallic GT ! There's a Best Western in Sandwich and a Super 8 about 15 minutes east of Sandwich.Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »So what kind of numbers are we looking at??I will know last minute if i can go so lets hope for the best:so far its" ponta, JtoEnvy, Me..Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »And houseofbugs.... possibly also ramenboy... what about you, tribalman?... bringing my husband too but he doesn't have a vibe... and let's not forget JTOENVY's MOM with her vibe NEED MOAR VIBEZ 1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy) - possibly6. tribalman (Josh) - possibly7. ramenboy... (Jerry) - possibly8. areles (Ron) - possiblySo, 4 Vibes for sure, possibly as many as 8 Vibes. I'm guessing the final count will be 5-6 Vibes.Quote, originally posted by tribalman »me? it'll depend on how i feel. friday into saturday i have 12 hours of work, then just a couple of hours of sleep then i'm going paintballing. i'll be done at about 5. usually when i get home at 6pm i crash until afternoon sunday.BOO!!!Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Gon' halfta koundt I'm oudt disa meat.....Wifey says we will be in Springfield that weekend.BOO! Tell your wife this is more important than going to Springfield ! Just kidding. If you can't make it you can't make it. We understand and won't hold it against you for too long .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

god i hope my parents are in a good mood when i ask! LMAOMy mom said i couldnt order my intake and stickers for two weeks...from last saturday..so if the intake and stickers can get here within like 5 days il have those if not i guess it still can be considered a vibe
BLACKEDOUTVIB04 Abyss Vibe 5 spdCosmo Racing Cold Air Intake Custom Cat-back Exhaust20% Tint All AroundAlpine Head Unit, Eclipse 800w Amp, 2 12" subs ported/neon. Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »god i hope my parents are in a good mood when i ask! LMAOMy mom said i couldnt order my intake and stickers for two weeks...from last saturday..so if the intake and stickers can get here within like 5 days il have those if not i guess it still can be considered a vibe If they want to talk to any of us first (us "crazy anonymous internet people" lol) to make them feel better about it, that's fine with me! I've met all the other people coming (well, except Carrie's mom, but you know) and we're all decent people.... weird, cause we love Vibes and all, but decent.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »... but decent. HEY!!! speak for yourself.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Re: (tribalman)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »god i hope my parents are in a good mood when i ask! LMAOMy mom said i couldnt order my intake and stickers for two weeks...from last saturday..so if the intake and stickers can get here within like 5 days il have those if not i guess it still can be considered a vibe I hope they're in a good mood too because we'd love to have you and the Vibe join us .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »If they want to talk to any of us first (us "crazy anonymous internet people" lol) to make them feel better about it, that's fine with me! I've met all the other people coming (well, except Carrie's mom, but you know) and we're all decent people.... weird, cause we love Vibes and all, but decent. LOL! I don't know... my mom can be pretty indecent at times ! I agree Jeremy, if they want to talk to us, I'll PM you my number so they can give me a call. That's not a problem. We had a Chicagoland meet back in April and it was a great time. Everyone got along and had a great time checking out each others Vibes and chatting about everything Vibe. As Michelle said, the only thing that makes us weird is our love for Vibes !Quote, originally posted by tribalman »HEY!!! speak for yourself. (removed)!On a side note, I just checked the Drive In's website and they have the movies listed for the next three weeks, so nothing for the weekend of October 9th yet. I will give them a call this weekend and see if they happen to know what they'll be showing that weekend yet, otherwise I guess it'll just have to be a surprise .Also, here's the info for the Chinese Buffet we'll be meeting at:China House1201 E. Church St. (Route 34)Sandwich, IL 60548(815) 786 6991
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

BUMP for getting more participation! All are welcome!
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I cross posted this to the Chicago Shift group. http://www.chicagoshift.com/fo...40364
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Okay... I called the Drive In yesterday. The box office opens at 7:00 pm and the movie starts at 8:00 pm. So, if you guys wanted to meet somewhere beforehand to hang out and take pictures or whatever, let me know. There is a great park in Sandwich we could all meet at that would provide a great spot for pictures.Where: Route 34 Drive In - 4468 E 12th Road, Earlville, IL 60518 - (815) 246-9700When: Saturday October 9th, 2010 - still trying to figure out a timeWhat: Vibe get together. Meet up, take pictures, check out the Vibes and watch a movie or two at the Drive In.Yes, I hope you get your GenVibe decals and intake before the meet! Can't wait to meet you Jeremy and check out your Vibe in person !Can someone please post this on the first post of this thread.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Also, here's the info for the Chinese Buffet we'll be meeting at:China House1201 E. Church St. (Route 34)Sandwich, IL 60548(815) 786 6991What time are we meeting at here?
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I cross posted this to the Chicago Shift group. http://www.chicagoshift.com/fo...40364Any interest over there yet Tim? I clicked on the link and it won't let me access it without creating a username and password .Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Can someone please post this on the first post of this thread.BLACKEDOUTVIB would be the only one that could put it in the first post since he's the one who started the thread.Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »What time are we meeting at here?I believe we agreed on 4:00. That gives us 3 hours to get to the Drive In (box office opens at 7:00).
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

There is one guy that is coming. I believe that he drive a Cobalt
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

Sweet! Should be a good time .
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

GenVibe Illinois Meet! Final Details!!WHO: All GENVIBE MEMBERS, FRIENDS, FAMILYWHAT: A GET TOGETHER OF ALL GENVIBERS THAT ENJOY THEIR AUTOMOBILESWHEN: Saturday October 9th, 2010WHERE:AT 4:00 PM we will be meeting at the _China House_ (Address below) from there I believe we will either take pictures and chat, or follow ( J TO ENVY) to a nice photo-friendly area and _chill._Then we will make our way over to the_drive-in_ (address below.) From there your on your own_4:00 PMChina House1201 E. Church St. (Route 34)Sandwich, IL 60548Route 34 Drive In 4468 E 12th RoadEarlville, IL 60518 (815) 246-9700 Box office opens at 7:00 pm and the movie starts at 8:00 pm! I Personally don't know if I will be attending or not yet. Work still hasn't decided if i get to take day off!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for updating everything Jeremy .I am going to try calling the Drive In again this weekend to attempt to find out what movies are playing. They don't have movies listed beyond this coming weekend and when I tried calling last weekend, all I got was a pre-recorded message .There are a couple parks nearby that will be great for pictures. I'll go check them out and compare this weekend to figure out which one will be best. I hope the weather cooperates .
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

Alrite so lets try and get a final list of who all is going...I am a maybe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »Alrite so lets try and get a final list of who all is going...FOR SURES1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. ramenboy... (Jerry)6. guy with Cobalt from Chicago Shift (Tim, do you know his name?)MAYBES1. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy)2. tribalman (Josh)3. areles (Ron)FYI everyone... the Drive In finally traveled back in time to 1995 and updated their website ! They will be showing "Easy A" followed by "Resident Evil: Afterlife".
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Easy A was a good movie! And Resident Evil... uh... well, there will be Vibes around so it makes up for it.
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

alrite cool cool, so around 9-10 and maybe we will have people that are reading and not posting show up.Houseofbugs, i am kind of iffy on Chicago Shift.I registered to the site and dint feel a good buy as i introduced myself....then again my vibe is basically stock so maybe once i mod and put some pics up il get a warmer meeting.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i think i'm going to say no. after a day of paintball i'm going to want to head to sleep. while easy a is a really good movie (jokes on sylvia plath's behalf: hahah!) it isn't a see it more than once in theater/drive-in type. resident evil is soooo not worth it.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Easy A was a good movie! And Resident Evil... uh... well, there will be Vibes around so it makes up for it. My mom and I will only be staying to watch to Easy A (the first movie), than we'll be heading home. And we'll only be taking one of the Vibes to the Drive-In because it doesn't really make sense to take both since we're doing pictures before we head to the Drive-In.Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »alrite cool cool, so around 9-10 and maybe we will have people that are reading and not posting show up.Sounds about right. It would be nice if we had a few surprise people show up .Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i think i'm going to say no. after a day of paintball i'm going to want to head to sleep. while easy a is a really good movie (jokes on sylvia plath's behalf: hahah!) it isn't a see it more than once in theater/drive-in type. resident evil is soooo not worth it.We'll miss you Josh .FOR SURES1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. ramenboy... (Jerry)6. guy with Cobalt from Chicago Shift (Tim, do you know his name?)MAYBES1. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy)2. areles (Ron)Also, on a side note, if anyone's interested: I will be driving up to Baraboo, Wisconsin the Saturday after our Vib(e)n' at the Drive-In Meet to meet up, cruise, take pictures, etc. with the WI GM-Tuners. Any and everyone is more than welcome to join me.
areles

Post by areles »

Sorry, I'm out for the meet. I was ready to get away for a little R and R. The suitcase was already half packed.1. The concrete guys redoing my garage floor (the last of September) haven't shown up yet.2. I'll be dog sitting Matilda, a 130# Newfoundland for friends. The husband and a daughter in Hawaii. The wife's home. Her mom had a stoke, fell, cut face with her glasses and is hospitalized. Got the call tonight.Have fun and post some pix so I can see what I missed!
vibenvy

Re: (areles)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by areles »Sorry, I'm out for the meet. I was ready to get away for a little R and R. The suitcase was already half packed.1. The concrete guys redoing my garage floor (the last of September) haven't shown up yet.2. I'll be dog sitting Matilda, a 130# Newfoundland for friends. The husband and a daughter in Hawaii. The wife's home. Her mom had a stoke, fell, cut face with her glasses and is hospitalized. Got the call tonight.Have fun and post some pix so I can see what I missed!Sorry to hear that Ron . We were looking forward to seeing you and the Vibe again.Hopefully we'll have another meet in April and you'll be able to come to that one .No need to worry about pictures, there will be plenty!So, here's the updated list:FOR SURES1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. ramenboy... (Jerry)6. guy with Cobalt from Chicago Shift (Tim, do you know his name?)MAYBES1. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy)Tim, is the guy from Chicago Shift still coming or no?Jeremy, do you know if you'll be able to make it yet?The weather is looking perfect for Satuday! Sunny and in the 70s! I can't wait (my mom is super excited too )!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

We need to get more people! Where are all those lameos that aren't posting anymore? Quit having your real world lives and come hang with us on the interwebz... in real life! Need Moar Vibez!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »We need to get more people! Where are all those lameos that aren't posting anymore? Quit having your real world lives and come hang with us on the interwebz... in real life! Need Moar Vibez!(removed)!My mom's all worried that it's just going to be her and I . I told her, "Don't worry... Michelle and Chris will come for sure!"
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

If I do good on my us history test Thursday il prolly be able to come... Oh nd I think I'm going axle dump exhaust tomorrow in shop class
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

MORE BUMP because we only have a few days left! Come back out of the woodwork, Illinoisians! Quit yer lurkin' and come on out!
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

If I didn't have prior arrangements I would be there, not sure how many Vibe meets I will make next year.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

anyone want to drive down with me??i think i did good on my history test...and tomorrow....im axle back dumping!!!!! yippppeee BRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Getting excited! Hopefully later this evening I'll be able to start cleaning out the car interior, then on Saturday morning I can do a quick end-of-season wax.Question- Chris and I may need to take separate cars because we've got a full Sunday of plans down by his parents and aren't going home in between (we are driving down there and staying overnight). Is there a place he can park his car that isn't the theater (we want to be in the same car to watch the movies obviously!) that we can go back and pick it up afterwards? Maybe PM me that info so that we're not telling the whole internet that we're abandoning a car for several hours, lol.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

PS Weather is calling for 80 degrees... so much for escaping the summer heat! Probably cooler at night though.Actually, I personally love it.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Ok we got two more! My friend John and his friend Alex are coming. He has a supercharged Toyota Xrunner. Its uber sexy.
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

Looks good houseofbugs....I axle back dumped it todayyy! Sounds Hella good but can't figure out how to take rubber exhaust holders off!!! Nd I did good on my history test.. Which means it's up to parents
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

FOR SURES1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. ramenboy... (Jerry)6. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy)7. guy with Cobalt from Chicago Shift8. another guy from Chicago Shift9. John and Alex - Toyota XRunnerw00t! 6 Vibes - 3 1st gens and 3 2nd gens! This is gonna be fun! Can't wait to check out the other vehicles as well .
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

I would go but its a bit of a drive from grand rapids michigan, about 4 hours sorry guys and gals, i really wanna show of my car cuz i have done a lot of stuff that no one here has seen in person.
Baby Blue
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

kuso. make that 5 vibes. i'm out. damn!!!! if plans change, i'll high tail it over to find you guys
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibenvy

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »kuso. make that 5 vibes. i'm out. damn!!!! if plans change, i'll high tail it over to find you guysIt's okay Jerry. We'll miss you though .1. J_TO_ENVY (Carrie)2. J_TO_ENVY's mom (Kim)3. ponta2147 (Michelle + her husband Chris)4. houseofbugs (Tim)5. BLACKEDOUTVIB (Jeremy)6. guy with Cobalt from Chicago Shift7. another guy from Chicago Shift8. John and Alex - Toyota XRunnerGotta get my (removed) in gear and go wash my Vibe .
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

i wasnt officially in J TO ENVY.....and i cant go i ended up getting a D- on my test.....JUST PLAYIN I ACED THAT $h!t....so me and my buddy will be on our way around 130-2 from south elgin....does anyone wanna meet up somewhere for the drive down?
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB ».does anyone wanna meet up somewhere for the drive down?yeah. meet me down in joliet around 9am at challenge park extreme for some paintball! hehe, j/k. have a good time you all, enjoy Easy A, good movie. resident evil, /facepalm.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BLACKEDOUTVIB »i wasnt officially in J TO ENVY.....and i cant go i ended up getting a D- on my test.....JUST PLAYIN I ACED THAT $h!t....so me and my buddy will be on our way around 130-2 from south elgin....does anyone wanna meet up somewhere for the drive down?I was gonna say... if you really did fail it, I'm denying your friend request on Facebook !My mom and I will be at the Chinese buffet a little before 4:00. We'll see you and your friend there !Quote, originally posted by tribalman »yeah. meet me down in joliet around 9am at challenge park extreme for some paintball! hehe, j/k. have a good time you all, enjoy Easy A, good movie. resident evil, /facepalm.You know Josh, there's a paintball place out here by me (Fox River paintball I believe is the name). Tim (houseofbugs) actually went there a while back. You guys should have went paintballing there and than you still could have met up with us !Have fun!I think most of us will probably end up leaving after Easy A is over. I know my mom and I don't care to watch Resident Evil: Afterlife. Also, Easy A doesn't start until 8:00 so by the time it gets over those who have a further drive will probably want to head home since it will be 9:30 or later.Below is the information for anyone who needs it and doesn't want to look back through the first three pages:We will be meeting at 4:00 pm at:China House Chinese Buffet1201 E. Church St. (Route 34)Sandwich, IL 60548Price for the buffet and a drink plus tip is: $10.00 After we eat, we will head to Silver Springs State Park to get some pictures and kill time before heading to the Drive-In which opens at 7:00 pm.Route 34 Drive In 4468 E 12th RoadEarlville, IL 60518 (815) 246-9700 Box office opens at 7:00 pm and the movie starts at 8:00 pm!Movies are: Easy A followed by Resident Evil: AfterlifeAdmission to the Drive-In for BOTH movies is $8.00I am off to finish detailing the Vibes !See everyone at 4:00!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'm exhausted, but on the bright side... both Vibes are clean and ready to go !See everyone in a couple hours!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Vibe is cleaned up and partially ready for winter. Heading out in an hour or less!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Vibe is cleaned up and partially ready for winter. Heading out in an hour or less!Winter!?! Nonsense! Winter's still a good two months away !I talked to Tim a bit ago, he's unsure if his buddy with the XRunner will be coming now because he hurt his foot and can't drive. He's also not sure if the two guys from Chicago Shift are actually coming or not, so it may end up just being us Vibe owners which isn't a big deal. Tim is bringing a friend with him and so is Jeremy (BLACKOUTVIB).
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »