IN Viber rams police car

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
joatmon

IN Viber rams police car

Post by joatmon »

http://tristatehomepage.com/co...16451Quote »Man Crashes into Deputy's Patrol Car Reported by: Shalah SasseMonday, Dec 14, 2009 @07:55am CSTUPDATE:Steven Boyer has been arrested after intentionally ramming a deputy's cruiser. Around 10am Saturday, deputies received a 911 call from Boyer's wife, saying her husband is missing and that he threatened to harm himself. Area Law Enforcement were notified and a search ensued.According to Vanderburgh County Deputies, Boyer returned to his home in the Westbrook Mobile Home Community around 7:15pm and deputies were alerted. Sgt. Stuart Mosby spotted the suspect's vehicle and attempted to get behind the car. That's when the deputy says Boyer intentionally rammed the cruiser. Sgt. Mosby had to climb out a window and he and other deputies on the scene were able to take Boyer into custody. Both Mosby and Boyer were transported to Deaconess Hospital. They were treated and released.Boyer now faces several battery charges, as well as DUI, aggressive driving, criminal recklessness, and criminal mischief. He is being held without bond until his initial court appearance.9:55pm 12/12/2009 A man crashes his vehicle into a Vanderbugh County Sheriff's Deputy patrol car. Saturday night Vanderburgh County deputies were looking for Steven Boyer. They say they got a tip that he might be suicidal. Around 7:30 Saturday evening, deputies were patrolling the Westbrook Mobile Home Community and spotted Boyer inside his Pontiac Vibe. Deputies say Boyer started driving straight towards Sgt. Stewart Mosby and Mosby ran off the side of the road. That's when investigators say Boyer ran his vehicle into Sgt. Mosby's patrol car."It appears he intentionally struck him with his vehicle," Lt. Kirk Byram said.Boyer was taken to Deaconess Hospital with injuries. Sgt. Mosby was taken to the hospital for evaluation. Charges are still pending.and this artsy looking snap from a transition in the video at that URL

Attached files
VforVIBE

Re: IN Viber rams police car (joatmon)

Post by VforVIBE »

Poor Vibe... and cop...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Indiana: Home of the Homicidal Vibe drivers. Makes ya real proud to be a Hoosier lol.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Another Vibe bites the dust.... I feel bad for the guy and his family.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

The man definitely needs help as he was intentionally trying to harm himself and others. Some sort of mental disorder, that is for sure.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »The man definitely needs help as he was intentionally trying to harm himself and others. Some sort of mental disorder, that is for sure. +1Get the guy some help and keep him off the streets.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ou.grizzly

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »+1Get the guy some help and keep him off the streets.It is sad to see. Have been seeing it more and more lately how the economy has been going. Stress, depression, murder-suicides, suicides, and other mental disorders such as bi-polar not being treated properly.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
MrsGart

Post by MrsGart »

Gees Louise, didn't this guy love his Vibe? I'd grab the S10 if I was going to ram something. All kidding aside, I wonder how the passenger compartment held up to this kind of crash. It doesn't look like it crumbled, as they top wasn't cut off to extricate the guy.Anybody been in a front end collision? Did it convince you that the Vibe is a safe vehicle?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

There is another thread with a front end collision where it looked like it held up really good. It was an 09 though.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage