Illinois meet soon?

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I like grove 24, my question is do you think it will be too crowded to get enough parking since it's so close to everything? I guess I can go on Saturday to see what it's like on a weekend (if it isn't raining).
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
ramenboy...

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by ramenboy... »

yeah then again it could be early enough in the season that its not crowded there yet...
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
audiovibe

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »yeah then again it could be early enough in the season that its not crowded there yet...It would be nice to get that lucky. Not sure about the beginning of April but for the past few years the end of April gets pretty busy.Josh were your pics from the park off of Higgins?
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
tribalman

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »It would be nice to get that lucky. Not sure about the beginning of April but for the past few years the end of April gets pretty busy.Josh were your pics from the park off of Higgins?saturday i have work at 530 so i can try checking it out before i have to get to work.the pics were at each of these locations. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...&z=15 i put markers for grove 18, 24, and ponta's initial selection (didn't see a sign saying which grove it was.)
None. Vibe is gone.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

dang all you IL people!!! I keep checking my area's thread and nothing 8( I PM'd a guy that said he was 45 min away, but never heard back. I gotta get some locals on here quick-like!
ponta2147

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »dang all you IL people!!! I keep checking my area's thread and nothing 8( I PM'd a guy that said he was 45 min away, but never heard back. I gotta get some locals on here quick-like!Well just come here then!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I like grove 24, my question is do you think it will be too crowded to get enough parking since it's so close to everything? I guess I can go on Saturday to see what it's like on a weekend (if it isn't raining).24 looks good. I really don't mind where we meet but it should be close enough to the cars. Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I have been contemplating this and I think I am actually going to be returning the HIDs when they arrive tomorrow. I feel the same way as you do. I hate when I am blinded by people with them and I don't want to be the one blinding people. The Silver Stars I have now are plenty bright enough for me, plus I did the independent fog light mod so when I am driving in the country and there's no one else around, my fog lights stay on with my high beams which makes a big difference .The problem with MOST people who install the HID conversion kits is that they do NOT re-aim their headlights. The problem is that the beam pattern is very different on the HID from the halogen. I re-aimed my headlights and they look like really bright halogens and don't blind on-coming drivers. But to each their own. The kits were easy to install and look great. It's like having a flood light in front of my car at night. And the light that they put off is even from side to side. They also really light up the signs quite well on the freeways at night.
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »The problem with MOST people who install the HID conversion kits is that they do NOT re-aim their headlights. The problem is that the beam pattern is very different on the HID from the halogen. I re-aimed my headlights and they look like really bright halogens and don't blind on-coming drivers. But to each their own. The kits were easy to install and look great. It's like having a flood light in front of my car at night. And the light that they put off is even from side to side. They also really light up the signs quite well on the freeways at night. Yeah, I do realize that most people don't adjust their headlights and that's why their HIDs are so darn bright. I got my HIDs yesterday and I am just going to return them. I was thinking about it and I pretty much decided it's goofy to replace stuff when there's nothing wrong with it (i.e. my Silver Stars). Plus I would prefer to not mess with adjusting the headlights, especially since the bulbs can be replaced without removing the headlights which keeps the chances of the headlights becoming misaligned down. I adjusted the headlights on my Sunfires too many times and consequently ended up with very poor vision at night. I love the fact that I can see so well at night in the Vibe, even with the good old factory halogen bulbs . As you said, to each their own. I'm sure your HIDs look great .Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »dang all you IL people!!! I keep checking my area's thread and nothing 8( I PM'd a guy that said he was 45 min away, but never heard back. I gotta get some locals on here quick-like!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well just come here then! :thumbup;Agreed! Road trip !Does anyone have an approximate address for Busse so I can get directions and than try to figure out a way around all the construction ? Thanks.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tribalman

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Does anyone have an approximate address for Busse so I can get directions and than try to figure out a way around all the construction ? Thanks. if you click on my last link to google maps if you pick one of the points you can then input your address and it'll give you the directions. sadly, from Sammich,IL the best route will be 88 to 355, then 290 and lastly higgins road. i've driven this route quite a few times and it's the easiest and fastest.or you can also use the latitude and longitude coordinates of: 42.027645,-88.022405
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ponta2147 »

Don't worry, I know construction is starting but take heart in the fact that it will be on a Saturday which has less traffic!I used to live off of 294 and had to travel between north and south suburbs during THAT construction clusterf*ck... weekends were always better!And yes, those directions for sure! My husband and I are going to try to get there up to an hour early to set up. We want to try to put out some balloons or something so the entrance is obvious. Plus, yay balloons!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Don't worry, I know construction is starting but take heart in the fact that it will be on a Saturday which has less traffic!I used to live off of 294 and had to travel between north and south suburbs during THAT construction clusterf*ck... weekends were always better!And yes, those directions for sure! My husband and I are going to try to get there up to an hour early to set up. We want to try to put out some balloons or something so the entrance is obvious. Plus, yay balloons! wow, you are like REALLY into this. xDD last time i was "hey, lets show up and talk and hangout for a while, kk?" as of right now from weather.com: "Apr 10 SaturdayA few clouds. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 40s."
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »wow, you are like REALLY into this. Haha, mostly we just really like grilling. And balloons.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »if you click on my last link to google maps if you pick one of the points you can then input your address and it'll give you the directions. sadly, from Sammich,IL the best route will be 88 to 355, then 290 and lastly higgins road. i've driven this route quite a few times and it's the easiest and fastest.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Don't worry, I know construction is starting but take heart in the fact that it will be on a Saturday which has less traffic!I used to live off of 294 and had to travel between north and south suburbs during THAT construction clusterf*ck... weekends were always better!Yeah... that's what I figured. Like ponta said at least it's a Saturday so it shouldn't be as bad . Plus a Vibe meet is totally worth getting stuck in traffic for .So, the directions are pretty basic: take 88 to 355 to 290 to Higgins correct? Which way will I be going on Higgins?Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Haha, mostly we just really like grilling. And balloons.I don't know why exactly, but this made me LOL big time !Glad to see I'm not the only one who's excited!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Yeah... that's what I figured. Like ponta said at least it's a Saturday so it shouldn't be as bad . Plus a Vibe meet is totally worth getting stuck in traffic for .So, the directions are pretty basic: take 88 to 355 to 290 to Higgins correct? Which way will I be going on Higgins?East on Higgins. And btw in case you aren't familiar with 355, it merges with 290 and becomes the same highway for a while. When you get close make sure to stay to the right in the local lanes rather than the express lanes (though I do believe higgins is before the express lanes).
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Once you turn onto Higgins the park entrance will be on your right maybe 1/8th mile, or the first right you will be able to take. The Higgins exit is 2 miles (I believe I recall) after the Thorndale exit the two right most lanes will be the exit lanes. I cant comment on the express lanes as I'm not sure quite what they are. Us country folk are lucky we don't still have dirt roads. I also laughed at the Balloons.I'm super excited we might have a better turn out then last years Genvibe meet in MN.Aron
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

You Illinoians (don't know if that's even an appropriate word?) have fun without me! Got another Hockey tournament that weekend (last one for the season) and will not be able to make the trip. One of these days I'll get together with fellow VIbe owners and chill By the way, your choice of location looks awesome. Hope the weather holds out for all of you. I drive right past that park on my way to Madison Wi a couple times a year (relatives in Cottage Grove, Wi). Have fun & post pics when it happens
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
tribalman

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by tribalman »

jeeze, aren't google maps good enough for you? must i photo document the trip? xDbut yeah, there will be photos, i'm bringing my camera.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »East on Higgins. And btw in case you aren't familiar with 355, it merges with 290 and becomes the same highway for a while. When you get close make sure to stay to the right in the local lanes rather than the express lanes (though I do believe higgins is before the express lanes).Okay, I think I've got it now .Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Once you turn onto Higgins the park entrance will be on your right maybe 1/8th mile, or the first right you will be able to take. The Higgins exit is 2 miles (I believe I recall) after the Thorndale exit the two right most lanes will be the exit lanes. I cant comment on the express lanes as I'm not sure quite what they are. Us country folk are lucky we don't still have dirt roads. I also laughed at the Balloons.I'm super excited we might have a better turn out then last years Genvibe meet in MN.Aren't you from out this way somewhere? Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »You Illinoians (don't know if that's even an appropriate word?) have fun without me! Got another Hockey tournament that weekend (last one for the season) and will not be able to make the trip. One of these days I'll get together with fellow VIbe owners and chill By the way, your choice of location looks awesome. Hope the weather holds out for all of you. I drive right past that park on my way to Madison Wi a couple times a year (relatives in Cottage Grove, Wi). Have fun & post pics when it happens Quote, originally posted by tribalman »jeeze, aren't google maps good enough for you? must i photo document the trip? xDbut yeah, there will be photos, i'm bringing my camera.I will have my camera as well so there will be photo overload for sure !Well, I had the pedal recall and the harsh downshift TSB both done on the Vibe yesterday. Painting the calipers and putting the 18s back on tomorrow. Detailing it next Friday so it will be looking good for the meet.It better not rain or I'm going to be so pissed !
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

That's it, I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment to get the system upgraded. My car was behaving very badly yesterday on the highway, between the wind resistance and the shift problems it may as well have been driving itself! Not a good experience.As for the weather... the outlook is *very* optimistic! I see they got rid of several days of rain in favor of sunny and high 50s. Let's try to bump that up to low 60s and we'll be good to go!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

if there is light rain i'm willing to still go as long as it's above 50.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As long as it's not pouring rain and/or storming I'll be there !
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Weather permiting I will swing by with my kids. They have a soccer game in the afternoon, so I can't hang too long. Will be there right at, or a little before, noon. Will need to bolt at about 1:30. Hopefully I will catch a few of you there before I have to leave. Any idea what the confirmed head count is?
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Current head count as of today:Attending:1. ponta2147 + 12. tribalman3. houseofbugs4. ramenboy...5. J TO ENVY6. audiovibe7. DiveNut + Kids $10/person for food which will include burgers, dogs, chips, pop, and other party foods. (Maybe $5 a person for the kids if they want to eat, they are welcome to!)Noon until 5 or 6pm, Food will be going on the grill at noon so come early if you want it hot!
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Current head count as of today:Attending:1. ponta2147 + 12. tribalman3. houseofbugs4. ramenboy...5. J TO ENVY6. audiovibe7. DiveNut + Kids $10/person for food which will include burgers, dogs, chips, pop, and other party foods. (Maybe $5 a person for the kids if they want to eat, they are welcome to!)Noon until 5 or 6pm, Food will be going on the grill at noon so come early if you want it hot!Good to see the list of attendees growing...hopefully a few more local members will be able to join us. I need to bring food/drink for me and my kids. My daughter has severe food allegeries and we just can't risk it. In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

ponta2147

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Good to see the list of attendees growing...hopefully a few more local members will be able to join us. I need to bring food/drink for me and my kids. My daughter has severe food allegeries and we just can't risk it. In any case, looking forward to seeing everyone.Not a problem at all, thanks for mentioning! And yes I'd love it if even more people would come, so if anyone knows anyone that would be interested please promote it! Only one week left!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I will try to get there a little before noon to help you and your husband get stuff set up ponta . Definitely hope to see you, your kids and your Vibe DiveNut .
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

might make it out there with my daughter. would be a little chilly for the triumph, so she might not mind going for a ride in the vibe man i hate this. washed the car, cleaned the wheels to get a start on stuff before busse woods, go out to jewel to pick up a few things and i get dive bombed by some bird that must have just had indian food. had to wash it again! damn birds....next week should be fun!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Aren't you from out this way somewhere? Yea I'm from Sterling, but another forum I am on has been having meets at Busse every month from April - October for the last 3 years. You see alot of,,,,,HMMMM,,,,, interesting things there.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

just checked weather.com, looks to be partly cloudy and 60!oh, btw, for those of you who have to drive 290, holy (lots of swears here)!!i thought sections of the highway were speedtraps before, now it's worse! construction hasn't started yet just blocking off lanes and cops were out in excessive force yesterday. watch your speed.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Yea I'm from Sterling, but another forum I am on has been having meets at Busse every month from April - October for the last 3 years. You see alot of,,,,,HMMMM,,,,, interesting things there.Got cha .Quote, originally posted by tribalman »just checked weather.com, looks to be partly cloudy and 60!oh, btw, for those of you who have to drive 290, holy (lots of swears here)!!i thought sections of the highway were speedtraps before, now it's worse! construction hasn't started yet just blocking off lanes and cops were out in excessive force yesterday. watch your speed.Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I will just be setting the cruise and chilling . I'm seriously going to leave at 9 probably so I can get there by 11 hopefully.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Update on info:I called the forest preserve and they weren't particularly helpful. They basically said unless I applied for a permit they wouldn't be able to tell me which groves were being used or not. SO I guess we'll just have to take our chances!In other news, the current forecast is 63 degrees and sunny for Saturday! Keep me posted on if any other people will be coming: friends, family, people from other forums, etc. I will be going to buy all the stuff either tomorrow or Wednesday.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Update on info:I called the forest preserve and they weren't particularly helpful. They basically said unless I applied for a permit they wouldn't be able to tell me which groves were being used or not. SO I guess we'll just have to take our chances!In other news, the current forecast is 63 degrees and sunny for Saturday! Keep me posted on if any other people will be coming: friends, family, people from other forums, etc. I will be going to buy all the stuff either tomorrow or Wednesday.What a bunch of buttheads ! The forecast is still looking good! I got the calipers painted and got the 18s back on this past weekend so all that's left to do is detail the Vibe after work on Friday. I can't wait!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Forecast 69 and sunny now! Hope that trend keeps up! Keep me informed on any new people!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »The forecast is still looking good! I got the calipers painted and got the 18s back on this past weekend so all that's left to do is detail the Vibe after work on Friday. I can't wait!i was really hoping to repaint my drums and paint my calipers this week and also detail my car, sadly i don't get a day off for a week or two more so not going to have a super pretty car for the meet.
None. Vibe is gone.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i was really hoping to repaint my drums and paint my calipers this week and also detail my car, sadly i don't get a day off for a week or two more so not going to have a super pretty car for the meet.Heck, I'm hoping to have time to just wash and vacum my car! Pretty sure my ride will be the ugliest one there, but what the heck right? LOL!

ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Heck, I'm hoping to have time to just wash and vacum my car! Pretty sure my ride will be the ugliest one there, but what the heck right? LOL!hahaha ok make that 3 ugly cars... i'm keepin the doors, hood and hatch closed this weekend and hopefully no dive-bombing bird attacks after i wash it again
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut » Pretty sure my ride will be the ugliest one there, but what the heck right? LOL!dunno about that. your rear bumper isn't ruined from jack-holes who can't park and part of the driver's side hatch isn't rusting out from a repair 3 1/2 years ago, is it?yeah, i try and avoid taking pictures from the rear of my car....
None. Vibe is gone.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Geez... you guys are making me feel a lot better about the gouge I have on the front bumper from where something flew up in the winter and took the paint off .Seriously though, it's more about the people than it is the cars. Furthermore, we're all going to be there because we love Vibes and this will be the first time I will be meeting other Vibe enthusiasts (minus my mom of course ) so I really don't care if your Vibe is clean or dirty, rusted or not, etc. Besides, it's a meet, not a car show .
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Don't think of it as ugly, think of it as "with character!"I'm only going to get a chance to wash and possibly vacuum it. I'm headed out to Indiana and don't get back until late Friday afternoon at the earliest! So it won't be its best either. But whatever, *I* still think my car is sexy.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »*I* still think my car is sexy. Sorry, had to do ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
vibenvy

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by vibenvy »

Okay guys and girls... need some help with directions here... which one are we meeting at?http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1...Woods
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Number one on that map actually leads to right to the entrance we will be using! See you Saturday! I'm down in Indiana right now for business and will be picking up all the food down here tomorrow (cheaper! less sales tax!) before I head back up and get a quick wash for the car!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hahahaha that's a looong way to go to pick up some brats safe trip back.see you guys in a couple days! woohoo!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
DiveNut

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by DiveNut »

We're meeting at Grove 24 right? Weather forecast i sstill looking good! See you all Saturday.

ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »We're meeting at Grove 24 right? Weather forecast i sstill looking good! See you all Saturday.As long as no one else is already there! Shouldn't be a problem though, we're bringing an 8ft folding table and our collection of folding chairs so we don't need a pavilion if it's not available.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Number one on that map actually leads to right to the entrance we will be using! See you Saturday! I'm down in Indiana right now for business and will be picking up all the food down here tomorrow (cheaper! less sales tax!) before I head back up and get a quick wash for the car!Sweet! I just wanted to make extra sure I've got the right directions so I don't get lost . Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »As long as no one else is already there! Shouldn't be a problem though, we're bringing an 8ft folding table and our collection of folding chairs so we don't need a pavilion if it's not available.Do you think you'll have enough folding chairs? I have four I can bring if you think we'll need more. Is there anything else you can think of that I can bring (besides $10!)?Well, I just got done cleaning the Vibe. I washed it, wiped down the dash, vacuumed and cleaned the floor mats. Nothing special, but it's clean and shiny again !According to MapQuest it's 53.92 miles / 1 hour 7 minutes for me so I am planning on leaving Sandwich by 9:30 at the latest to allow for possible contruction traffic.See everyone tomorrow at noon at Grove 24 !
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Sweet! I just wanted to make extra sure I've got the right directions so I don't get lost . Do you think you'll have enough folding chairs? I have four I can bring if you think we'll need more. Is there anything else you can think of that I can bring (besides $10!)?Well, I just got done cleaning the Vibe. I washed it, wiped down the dash, vacuumed and cleaned the floor mats. Nothing special, but it's clean and shiny again !According to MapQuest it's 53.92 miles / 1 hour 7 minutes for me so I am planning on leaving Sandwich by 9:30 at the latest to allow for possible contruction traffic.See everyone tomorrow at noon at Grove 24 ! Extra chairs would be helpful. I think we've got 5-7 depending on which chairs we bring. Whatever else you want to bring is fine! And I've still gotta finish my car... just got back about an hour ago and washed/dried it, still need to detail a little bit and vacuum. Cutting it close!
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I will see what I can scrounge up for chairs. I know we have some camp chairs around here.I just spent 5 hours detailing the outside of the Vibe today. I will be doing my interior tomorrow morning. I will be there around 11:30/12. My cell is 708-220-4621 if anyone needs anything.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i plan on getting there about noon. no chance in heck i'm getting up before 11am. i don't see how anybody can . i'll be checking here before i head out at about 11:30 so if you need something send me a pm and i'll try and get back to you. i would post my phone, but public viewable forum and all.
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

The Details:Members attending: 8Weather Report: Mostly sunny and 73! Food: Burgers, Brats, Dogs, Chips, Pop, and the obligatory veggie tray. If anyone wants something else, bring it along. Supplies: 8ft table, 5 folding chairs (bring your own if you want), Weber q300 grill and propane tank, a few coolers with ice, plates/forks/knives/napkins/cups...aka... how much can I fit in the Vibe's fabulous cargo space!?!? Fold flat front seat ftw!