Looking for metro-Detroit Heating and Cooling Man

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
mspalmer

Looking for metro-Detroit Heating and Cooling Man

Post by mspalmer »

Thankfully the Vibe is still going strong but I can't say the same about my air conditioner/furnace. It looks like they are on their last legs (both original from when the house was built in 1985). Anyone know any reliable contractors in Metro Detroit (Macomb County in particular)? Also, what kind of brands, efficiencies should I be looking for? This is way out of my knowledge base. I'm hoping to keep it around $4000 if possible but I also don't want to "skimp" and buy something just because it is cheaper. If I'm spending some serious cash I want something that will last a long time.thanks,Mike
2005 Platinum AWDMoons and TunesXM RadioLLumar Window TintingWeathertech ventshauling my Taylor 410 w/Fishman pickup and Gibson SG guitars
keithvibe

Re: Looking for metro-Detroit Heating and Cooling Man (mspalmer)

Post by keithvibe »

the system depends on your house and how large it is and what type of system is currently in it.gas?oil?propane?electric?How large of a house?forced air?steam?do you want direct vent or do you plan on using the existing smoke stack?If your going to use the existing stack you will most likely need a liner because of the newer furnace.I can't help you decide who to use but check out Buderus, Viessman, Lochnivar, System 2000 also look threwhttp://www.terrylove.com/forum...28770
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
mspalmer

Re: Looking for metro-Detroit Heating and Cooling Man (keithvibe)

Post by mspalmer »

currently have natural gas and plan to stick with that. I was planning on using the existing chimney. We currently have a 2000 square foot colonial. We have the people my in-laws used a couple years ago and see what their quote is.Thanks for the input.
2005 Platinum AWDMoons and TunesXM RadioLLumar Window TintingWeathertech ventshauling my Taylor 410 w/Fishman pickup and Gibson SG guitars
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Let me find out who installed our system....
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
mspalmer

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by mspalmer »

Thanks,We have one guy coming today at noon and I will be interested to see what is wrong with the current system and if it is costly or if we just need a new furnace.