WANTED: 2004 Front Manual Window Regulators both Front Passenger and Driver Sides

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
HatchJunki

WANTED: 2004 Front Manual Window Regulators both Front Passenger and Driver Sides

Post by HatchJunki »

Anyone wanting to part with manual front window regulators for an 04? Thanks!
You are driving excitement
zbyers

Re: WANTED: 2004 Front Manual Window Regulators both Front Passenger and Driver Sides

Post by zbyers »

check www.car-part.com. i think you'll be hard pressed to come across someone parting them out since they were rather uncommon.

what is the issue that you need to replace them?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
HatchJunki

Re: WANTED: 2004 Front Manual Window Regulators both Front Passenger and Driver Sides

Post by HatchJunki »

They have always had issues rolling up and down since I purchased the vehicle and now the driver side window wont stay in track. Investigating the problem both my front regulators are bent and to the point where the metal is frail and just bends back out and pops out of track when straightened. I basically removed the window regulator handle until i could find replacements(which makes going through any drive through hell or cant even enjoy the breeze)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Had the same issue on the driver's side of my daughter's 04 earlier this year and used this one to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A ... UTF8&psc=1
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm Had the same issue on the driver's side of my daughter's 04 earlier this year and used this one to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A ... UTF8&psc=1
Is your daughter's manual, or electric, for the windows?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Were there 2004 base models sold with manual windows? I thought the power windows were standard.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm Were there 2004 base models sold with manual windows? I thought the power windows were standard.
I thought there were some models that were all manual; I just never looked, TBH
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Some Vibes came without the "power package" and had no sunroof, crank windows, and manual locks.

Mark

Post by Mark »

They must be pretty rare, I went looking and couldn't find a manual regulator. Didn't look as hard as if I actually needed one, but I did search some. All of mine are power.

I've always had the window clunk issue on the 04, I ground the end of it down to almost nothing and it still hit. It finally broke off, and I think it jammed the regulator somehow, which caused one of the arms to bend. That caused the window to jump out of the track when raising it. Replacing it was fairly straight forward, best tip I found was to use some blue masking tape to tape the glass to the top of the door frame. Made the job a good bit easier.
HatchJunki

Post by HatchJunki »

Mine must be really rare, it has manual locks and windows but a power moon roof. Thanks for all these replies!
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Rock Auto has it listed for the Matrix.. At the bottom, there is a section for manual windows.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toy ... ator,10217