WTB factory CD stereo

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
FarmerRick

WTB factory CD stereo

Post by FarmerRick »

Just got a 2008 Vibe for my son for school. The LED display in the stereo is dead.

Anyone have a stock stereo laying around they would ship to 68164 for cheap?
“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.”
― Thomas Jefferson
SlammedNiss

Re: WTB factory CD stereo

Post by SlammedNiss »

I dont know what you consider cheap, but you can put in an aftermarket unit for under $100. Check out www.crutchfield.com
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
FarmerRick

Post by FarmerRick »

Yeah, I was just thinking maybe someone still had a factory stereo collecting dust on a shelf...
“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.”
― Thomas Jefferson
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

If you or someone you know has some basic soldering skill, its not to hard to replace the burned out bulbs viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26889
viberdan

Post by viberdan »

Hi, I took an OEM unit out of the 09 I bought. The CD doesn't work however. Let me know if you are interested. Dan
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

The 2009 radio is different than the 2008. Not sure if the plugs on the back are the same as I've never looked that far into it.

As others mentioned, best bet is to pick up a cheap aftermarket headunit. You can then have bluetooth, aux, and other modern features for minimal cost.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe