WANTED: Front License Plate Bracket for 2010 Vibe

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Jaspy86

WANTED: Front License Plate Bracket for 2010 Vibe

Post by Jaspy86 »

Long story short: I just moved from Michigan to Colorado and need to put a front license plate on my 2010 Vibe. :(

I'd like to go with an OEM bracket (unless you can point me in the direction of a decent aftermarket one) and have seen some folks saying in very old threads that they took their front plates off and still have the bracket. My hope is that I can luck out on here and avoid paying $75+ through a parts retailer for a small piece of plastic.

Anyone out there with an original front bracket that they're willing to part with? Happy to pay for shipping and whatever you think it's worth.
tpollauf

Re: WANTED: Front License Plate Bracket for 2010 Vibe

Post by tpollauf »

How strict are they out there as far as enforcing the "front plate" rule? Seeing how I'm an Ohioan and right on the Michigan/Ohio line, we can usually get away with no front plate. Took my bracket & plate off 8 years ago .... no problems so far. If I can find it then I'll sell it to you. Too bad you didn't notify us here before you headed out that way or you could have possibly personally picked one up!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

I used a generic $6 plate mount on our 09 Vibe GT that I bought a couple of months ago from AutoZone. I cut it in half, stacked the two parts on top of each other, and mounted it to the lower grille with zip ties, then bolted the plate to it. I did bend the plate a bit so it would not rub against the bumper. Looks really good imo and I did not have to drill the bumper. I posted pics on the Facebook forum, but will try to post some here.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »