WTB 5x100 Set of Wheels

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
connormcintyre65

WTB 5x100 Set of Wheels

Post by connormcintyre65 »

Hello,

My name is Connor and I am relatively new to the group. A few weeks ago I picked up a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT with 161,000 miles on it (Salsa Red w/ Grey bumpers/skirts, clean interior, OEM navigation from 2003) but it's got one thing wrong with it: it has the base model 16" steelies with hubcaps instead of the 16" or 17" alloys.

I would LOVE to get a set of the OEM 17" wheels for it (I just love the way they look; really makes the car stand out more), but am open to other options.

I'd like to stay in the 17"-18" range, with a budget of around $400 or less w/o tires and around $700 or less with tires (sorry if the budget seems low, but I'm a college student that doesn't have a lot of liquid cash to just drop at once). I don't mind curb rash as long as it is not too bad but no bends or cracks, even if they have been repaired. I live in Grand Rapids, MI and am willing to go anywhere within a 2 hour drive to pick them up. I want to have them inspected by a Discount Tire or some tire shop along those lines before I purchase them, no exceptions.

You can contact me by either replying to this post or PM me for my cell number.

Thank you for reading and let me know what you (or anyone else that you know) have to offer! :D

- Connor
petervivian

Re: WTB 5x100 Set of Wheels

Post by petervivian »

Welcome to Genvibe. With that price you should be able to get a very nice set of wheels. I suggest also checking carparts.com to find a seller that's close to you. By the way, is that GVSU?
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
connormcintyre65

Post by connormcintyre65 »

@petervivian @vibenvy Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to check that site out to see if I can find a set close to be in Michigan.

And @petervivian, GVSU is in Grand Rapids, MI (well, technically Allendale, MI) but I live about 30 minutes or so away from it. I actually go to school up at Michigan Technological University (wayyyyy up in the U.P.).
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Don't forget to search Craigslist for "5 x 100". You also need to consider the center hole diameter and the offset. This site gives you a cross reference for wheels of other makes and models: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods ... z3i8k5foVE

It takes a bit more work on your side but you can score a good deal that way.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476