WTB C60 Transmission rebuild services

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
bkcev

WTB C60 Transmission rebuild services

Post by bkcev »

Hey there
I have an 06 corolla xrs at 116K miles which has Penzoil synchromesh in the transmission. The shifting is becoming slightly more difficult and I suspect mechanical issues. There is no grinding.

I am looking for someone to rebuild the transmission for me who has prior experience and sucesss with the c60. I will pay for parts/shipping/labour

Thanks!

My location is 06032 Farmington
jayoldschool

Re: WTB C60 Transmission rebuild services

Post by jayoldschool »

I would immediately drop the Pennzoil and put the correct GL4 Amsoil or Redline in it. You may just find out that there is nothing wrong with your trans.
bkcev

Post by bkcev »

My shifts actually got better when I went to Penzoil synchromesh, I changed as per Monkey Wrench Racings advice about transmission oil. https://monkeywrenchracing.com/product/ ... h-1-quart/

They say to put three quarts of Penzoil synchromesh in any naturally aspirated transmission that sees only street use.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Monkeywrenchracing also does transmissions. You should check with them for a rebuild since you want to follow their advise about lubes. Toyota does not recommend the lube you are using so do not except Toyota parts to hold up.