04 & 09 for sale maybe?

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
JerBear

04 & 09 for sale maybe?

Post by JerBear »

My wife and I are going to be going to a one car household soon. We plan to give our youngest his mothers car (a 07 Vibe) he is driving a 04 base Vibe and I am driving an 09 GT that I changed to 16" wheels to get a better ride. The 04 has 130K and the 09 has 90K on them silver and dark Gray respectively. I know the deal would be easier if I traded them both in on the new car but probably won't get the best financial deal.

What do you think they are realistically worth. Both are in good shape with no rust or anything, just a few minor scuffs and door dings. The 04 has a sticky accelerator pedal at start up but that's about the only thing that I can think is an issue

I do have to add a quart between oil changes on the 09 but the 04 is tight as a drum newer tires on both and brakes all around on the 09.

Well, what is reasonable asking price and what do you think I could expect on a trade in for a new Subaru

I will very much miss these cars, I have never had an automobile that has been so trouble free and easy to work on than these Vibes.
joatmon

Re: 04 & 09 for sale maybe?

Post by joatmon »

Unfortunately, you probably won't get what the car seems worth to you. I'd say look on craigslist and sites like cars.com and autotrader.com to see what comparable models are going for in your area, as there seems to be a regional variance. I can't say, a price but the 04 with only 130K will be a good car for someone for many years to come

I seem to know a lot of people with foresters, Which subaru are you looking at?
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Info and specs on the 2004 ??? My niece is looking for one and at 16 would be a great starter car Pm me or upload info here for all to see. Thanks :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
subVibe

Post by subVibe »

Too bad you're not in lower MI or I'd be interested in the '09 GT. They go for more than you would think an 8 year old car would, at least if they do if they're in tip-top condition and have a sunroof. Most sellers don't reveal the oil consumption which kind of irks me as a buyer. I may think differently if I were selling one.