SOLD..For Sale 2005 Vibe $1000 obo 177K Miles, loaded ..SOLD

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
patchel73

SOLD..For Sale 2005 Vibe $1000 obo 177K Miles, loaded ..SOLD

Post by patchel73 »

We Sold The car . My wife cried, and says she hates me .

It went to a gay who loves Toyota's . Said if he couldn't get a Matrix, this will be OK. .... OUCH! Thank you all for the great feedback. We are going to miss it.

My Wife's college car, new Goodyear triple treads, fat VA inspection. Lots of highway miles.... hate to get rid of it , runs GREAT ! Located in Nothern VA. Went from Appomattox VA to Roanoke every day for three years, no breakdowns. Reliable car. Sunroof.
Nice Power Faactory Sunroof
Seats are a little dirty, but no rips tears or dmage ...this was / is a family car ! We took a lot of long trips in her ...
Has all the original cargo stuff ...

It has an engine....original runs quiet...
Back Glass is good, opens, and shocks are not so saggy..

Factory Sub Woofer, Seats fold nicely...
Nice place to stow a bicycle, talk to me , maybe I can throw in the bike rack .

My wife has driven this car 150 miles + daily for almost 4 years. She's out of school and working, and got her a Pick Up. If you are a vibe fan, you know how super reliable these cars are. Never a break down, never a major repair. We did the maintenance, fluids, and some front end parts at inspection once in a while. She absolutely loves this car and we hate to see it go. I'm asking less than KBB. CarMax offered me pretty close to what I'm asking, so please don't contact me with a super lowball offer. Im going to the Vibe community before I list on Craigs List, I'm hoping someone will know what they are getting with the Vibe. The car is clean, but not professionally detailed. Runs absolutely perfect. Never smoked in.

Known Issues, I do not want to misrepresent. This is a well maintained 177K mile car. There are some paint scratches, no wrecks has a very very small dent in corner of rear bumper. Display on radio is very dim, ( premium sound works well otherwise ) , Passenger fog light is out, cover for third brake light hangs loose a bit. Brakes are less than 10K, but pulse a little. Had new rotors at the time. Steering is tight, and is no issue, just passed inspection, has a little steering vibration at about 35 MPh. Probably time for tire balance and alignment. Tires have about 7 K miles on them, goodyear triple tred, great on wet roads.

..Inbox me or reply !!!! Help find this little Vibe a new home
Last edited by patchel73 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caretaker

Re: For Sale 2005 Vibe $1000 obo 177K Miles, loaded

Post by Caretaker »

I can only say THANK YOU for offering this outstanding value up to the genvibe community. I think you are doing someone a great favor. If it was 3 years ago and I was still in NOVA, I'd grab it in a second. I know people will be beating down your door once you put it on craiglist. Beautiful color.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I too would be wanting to grab it as I love the ignition Orange color! But own too many Vibes at the present time. Someone here will get a bargain. Thanks for posting all the pics too :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
rmacnamara

Post by rmacnamara »

Wow if I was in VA I would buy it and not even blink a eye. I really hope someone gets it.
2003 Red 5 Speed (sold)
2003 Black Auto (selling)
2004 Black Auto ( sold)
2004 White Auto AWD (wifes daily)
2006 Black GT 6 Speed (sold)
2009 Red AWD (family vehicle)
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

ha, a dental hygienist! i actually got my vibe around the time i first started hygiene school. i would have snatched one like hers up in a heartbeat, but i bought new.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
patchel73

Post by patchel73 »

Thanks for all the great feedback. This little Vibe is probably the most dependable car we had, My wife just loves it. I had a couple of nibbles from some Facebook friends. I hope we find a good home. We Buy Cars.com, low balled me, and also said it might go for salvage because of the miles. So I drove away. If it doesn't go this weekend, I guess I'll try Craigslist. I get some weird calls from craigslist, so I am a little leery. .... If you know anyone who would love this little car, please please share, we might even travel a l bit for a serious buyer.
Thanks again, I really appreciate everyone for looking.
patchel73

Post by patchel73 »

tpollauf wrote:I too would be wanting to grab it as I love the ignition Orange color! But own too many Vibes at the present time. Someone here will get a bargain. Thanks for posting all the pics too :D
That one in the middle looks bad a$$! Someone in a suped up Vibe gave me a hard time in my 94 Mustang GT, looks like it might have been you !
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

[quote="patchel73"]
That one in the middle looks bad a$$!

That's because it is NOT a Vibe .... but a G8Gt 8-) At an MSRP of $37k back in 2009 I could have bought two new Vibes for the same $$$ :lol: It's the wife's car and has never seen snow/ice/salt. Very fast and fun to drive.

Just curious as to when you'll need this Vibe sold. Will have to ask my 16year old niece if she'd be interested. She just started driving and this would be a great starter car.

Ladytazzz

Post by Ladytazzz »

patchel73,

Love the car and very interested! Please see my PM to you a bit ago about a couple questions on your very nice looking Vibe!
D3whiteley

Post by D3whiteley »

I am also very interested and sent a PM with my phone number. Good to hear from you again.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

patchel73 wrote:If you know anyone who would love this little car, please please share, we might even travel a bit for a serious buyer.
Thanks again, I really appreciate everyone for looking.
Pretty sure my 16 year old niece will be interested and you would not have to travel at all. We would make the 6hr drive from NW Ohio. I'll know for sure later tonight. Be leery about potential buyers who just want to "flip" this great car just to make a quick buck. I see some here already! The vast majority of members here on this forum who have been around a long time, are serious Vibe owners and look out for each other. We know the history of these cars and how dependable they really are. They are sort of a hidden gem among the auto industry.

Ladytazzz

Post by Ladytazzz »

tpollauf,

Normally I'm not baited into a response to statements like in your last post, but I did find its tone very unflattering - not to mention somewhat self-serving.

While I can surely understand that some folks may troll boards like this one looking for a flip opportunity, and appreciate that this board is populated with enthusiasts of the Vibe, I stumbled upon this site while researching dependable cars for my son. My intention is NOT to flip this car in any way, just to help him with his first car purchase.

It is disappointing that as with any other enthusiast site, I would expect newcomers to be welcomed to join in that enthusiasm, not to be accused of unethical practices on their first post.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Ladytazzz wrote:tpollauf,

I would expect newcomers to be welcomed to join in that enthusiasm
You are very welcomed here at GenVibe and if this opportunity works in your favor then we'd hope you continue your involvement on this forum. I should NOT have let my personal experiences/feelings sway me to make such remarks as I did. Been burned twice on potential offers over the past several years only to see the greed in those who got the given product over myself. Thanks for your professional & polite critiquing. Now lets get back on the initial subject matter ;)

Ladytazzz

Post by Ladytazzz »

Patchel73,

I'm going to guess there is some restriction on my sending PM's being a new member, so here's the text (minus some of the personal info):

Love the orange Vibe and would like to discuss terms, but I do have a couple questions.

I'm working with my son on this potential deal (JamesDW) so if you see messages from him as well, don't be surprised! Also, we are in California so if we can work out a deal, would you be willing to work with us on shipment? We would obviously cover that cost but I know there would be some additional paperwork. If that's not feasible, I will be in the N VA area on business in the next couple of weeks and I could pick up then.

To start off, would it be possible to get a photo of the emissions control sticker from under the hood?

Thanks in advance,
Park Warne
Anaheim, CA
wpwarne@gmail.com
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Park, I can tell you that when I went to price shipping one or more of my cars from VA to CA a year ago, the prices were very much the same: $980-$1000. And while not to spook your enthusiasm, there are other Vibes/Matrix/Fits locally to be had; maybe not for $1000, but if it were me, I'd rather be reasonably close enough to examine the car myself before purchasing. While it is evident that the engine bay has probably never been cleaned out on the Orange Vibe in question, the positives of that statement are that it is easier to identify oil leaks on a car that has not had continuous detailing/steam cleaning. The negatives as I see in the picture is that the power steering fluid looks mighty dark and if I'm not mistaken, the brake fluid looks dark too. While you can use http://www.repairpal.com to find an excellent mechanic in any area of the country to do a "once over" on the car, it seems to me that 3000 miles is a bit far to worry about a $1000 vehicle with that many miles. My two cents.
Ladytazzz

Post by Ladytazzz »

Caretaker,

Thank you for your insightful comments! I also did a rough pricing on transport and came up with about the $1k figure you suggested. As you pointed out 3000 miles is quite a distance to try and conduct this kind of transaction, but unfortunately there are not a lot of Vibe/Matrix units to be had in this area right now, and even with transport added in the price is right.

When I have purchased used cars in the past one of the first items on my to-do list is to change all the fluids, including brake, power steering and transmission, followed by a thorough walk through of the main wear items (struts, springs, bushings, belts, hoses, etc). End result is at least a catch-up on all the regular maintenance.

But, all will be for naught if the orange Vibe here doesn't have CARB emissions - just one of the joys of living on the left coast!
Caretaker

Re: SOLD..For Sale 2005 Vibe $1000 obo 177K Miles, loaded ..SOLD

Post by Caretaker »

Looks like it is sold now anyway. As one of a bazillion satisfied Fit owners, I would recommend searching for a used Fit. It is as close to a bullet proof car as there ever has been. Like you, I traveled several hours away to buy my Fit sight unseen. Why? Because it is nearly impossible to ruin a Fit, even if the OEM Honda long life fluids are not changed at proper intervals. I beat the dealers to the car by talking to the owner at length over the phone. He waited for me, keeping the vultures at bay. I inspected the car and found lots of fluids that were 94,000 miles old. The rest of the car was as advertised, and bone dry in the engine bay; a no brainer. With the trust I had built with the owner and all of my extensive questions answered to satisfaction, I drove home and had my mechanic replace every ounce of fluid. In the end, my $6500 bargain 3 years ago ended up costing $7500 after all fluids, plugs, ignition coils installed and valve adjustment. There seem to be a lot of Fits on this side of the world. Great reliable car but really meant for short haul driving. The Vibe/Matrix on the other hand shines even on long trips.