05 Driver Airbag presence sensor needed

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
shermaner12

05 Driver Airbag presence sensor needed

Post by shermaner12 »

Hey everyone. I recently went to have my airbag recall done because the airbag light kept going on and off. Now that it is done i have come to the conclusion that the light is being caused by the presence sensor on the driver seat that is connected to the seatbelt sensor wiring harness.. I had taken one out of an 04 thinking it would be the same but the position and shape of the sensor (technically the whole seat base appears to have been redegisned) and vibes are usually slim pickings at pull a part places. Anyone have on for an 05 or know the gm part number or this sensors actual name? I don't want to pay the dealership to replace it as the dealership here is outrageously expensive.

Let me know if anyone can help.
ColonelPanic

Re: 05 Driver Airbag presence sensor needed

Post by ColonelPanic »

The '03-'04 had a different seat height adjuster (knob vs. lever) so I guess there was quite a difference in the seat frame. I know the buckle part number changed repeatedly throughout the first gen model run, so who knows what all is different between the various years.

Here's a catalog with the breakdown of the seats:
http://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-parts ... nents-scat
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image