2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe with Bad Transmission

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
timsdiecast

2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe with Bad Transmission

Post by timsdiecast »

2006 All Wheel Drive Pontiac Vibe. This car has a bad transmission. You can drive the car, but it only has high gear. No reverse. Car has always been a great running car. Car has 175,000 miles on it. Engine does not burn oil. Car has A/C, power locks, power windows, aluminum wheels, cruise control, AM/FM Stereo with CD Player, and tilt wheel.
As seen in pictures car is in decent condition. It does have some damage on the right rear corner of the rear bumper cover where it scraped a yellow bumper post. I believe that yellow paint will buff off. Also has two dents on the hood. The interior is in nice condition, but needs a good cleaning.
This car was my daily driver right up until the transmission decided to quit working. It was always a dependable car. I had the transmission filter and fluid changed at a 100,000 miles. Oil has been changed every 3,000 miles. Car has newer front brake pads and rotors.
Feel free to contact Tim (me) at (586) 612-9536. Please call or text me.
To tell you the truth I have no idea what to even ask for this car. I'd be open to hearing all serious offers.
Car is located in Romeo, Michigan about 45 minutes northeast of Detroit.
Attachments
00h0h_2WIDfOBCUlG_600x450.jpg
00h0h_2WIDfOBCUlG_600x450.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
00k0k_8a5ShWY44Zo_600x450.jpg
00k0k_8a5ShWY44Zo_600x450.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
00b0b_kLnFSK0H2Zv_600x450.jpg
00b0b_kLnFSK0H2Zv_600x450.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
timsdiecast

Re: 2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe with Bad Transmission

Post by timsdiecast »

I put this car on Craig's List in the Detroit area for $2500 O.B.O. I didn't receive one call. I dropped it to $2000, but still didn't receive one call. I dropped it to $1500, and received a call from a guy who offered me $400 for it, and when I told him no way he actually got belligerent with me. I took the Vibe off of Craig's List and put it on eBay for $2000 O.B.O. I woke up in the middle of the night to my iPhone sounding off. It was a guy from Ohio offering me $900. I countered at $1500, and he countered at $950. I countered at $1250, but he said he was sticking at $950. I told him to come up to $1000 and the Vibe was his but he refused. I went back to bed to wake up to another offer from a guy from NYC for $1850. I practically broke my fingers accepting the offer. I couldn't accept it fast enough. He put the money in my PayPal account, and arranged for a hauler to come get the car. I have no idea if this is true, or not, but he claimed the Vibe was being hauled from my house to a shipping port in New Jersey and from there the car was being shipped to Ghana, Africa as a gift for his father. What doesn't make sense to me is wouldn't you want to get the transmission fixed before shipping the Vibe to Ghana? To tell you the truth I don't really care what he does with the car. I got my money. After I sold the car to the guy in NYC for $1850 the guy from Ohio who wouldn't raise his offer from $950 to $1000 contacted me and said he was still interested in the Vibe if it didn't sell. Sorry Charlie! Just to think I almost sold the car for a $1000.
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

That paypal sale may be a scam, be careful.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Glad you sold the car, but I agree with jayoldschool, make sure the money clears, and is still clear for a couple of days before shipping the car.

As for the transmission, maybe they are going to ship the car to Ghana with a working transmission, and they'll repair it there at Ghana prices?
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
timsdiecast

Post by timsdiecast »

I was thinking the same thing about the scam, but the money was in my PayPal account, and I transferred it out of my PayPal account into another account, and this was all over two weeks ago. I think it's okay. If people are out there trying to scam people out of their cars, and I'm sure there are, I wouldn't imagine they're trying to scam people out of cars with bad transmissions. It wasn't like the money was coming from Ghana, or anything like that.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

interesting story ...... so far :o Maybe there was an interpretation problem and they're really thinking it is a good transmission! Was the car already picked up'd and shipped? You got your $$$ so good riddins! It would really be interesting to see where this vehicle truly ends up being used (if at all)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
timsdiecast

Post by timsdiecast »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (127.17 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
The buyer definately new the car had a bad transmission. He asked my opinion as far as having that trans rebuilt, buying a rebuilt trans, or buying a used trans. I told him buying a rebuilt trans or having that one rebuilt was expensive, and you could buy used ones as low as $400 to $600. I have no idea what he intends to do.
The money cleared my PayPal iaccount mmediately. No holds or anything like that. That means the buyer actually had the $1850 in his PayPal account and wasn't using any back up funding like a credit cared or bank account. The buyer told me there was no hurry as far as him picking the car up. I had the money and like I said I transferred it out of my PayPal account to another account, so I told him to get that car out of here.
He arranged for the car to be picked up, and the company out of New Jersey had a driver and truck in Michigan, and it was one of those full blown car haulers like the "Big 3" uses to get the cars out to the dealerships. I live in sort of a little city called Romeo about 45 minutes northeast of Detroit. The truck driver was this Russian guy, or some sort of Eastern European that didn't speak very good English, and he calls me, and he's sitting in downtown Romeo which is like a little tourist downtown area with bars, restaurants, antique and craft shops, ice cream and candy stores, etc., and he tells me he won't come into my neighborhood to get my car because his truck is too big. I tell him the car has a bad transmission and he was hired to pick the car up so he had to come into my neighborhood to get the car. He said "no, I'm leaving", At least that's what I think he said. Very broken English. I told him I'd try to get the car there. I pulled up to the main street in downtown Romeo where he was waiting for me, and I had to stop for traffic, and that was it. I couldn't get the car to move another inch. I was only a few blocks from my house so I called my wife and she came in my other 2006 AWD Vibe, and got behind me, and we pushed the car the remaning few hundred yards. We tried to push the car up onto the hauler, but the other Vibe only got it so far, and that was it. Plus I didn't want to hurt the trans in my other Vibe. A guy was coming out of a Chinese take out restaurant who was driving a Ford F150 4X4 and he offered to push it the rest of the way. The truck driver said he didn't have a wench, but he did have a cum along he could use to get it the rest of the way up onto the truck. On to the hauler it got dragged, and my wife and I jumped in the other Vibe, and I was out of there.
I replaced it with a 2016 4X4 Jeep Renegade "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" edition. Which is built in Italy by Fiat, so technically I think I now own a Fiat, but technically I think Fiat now owns Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. LOL It's one of the few vehicles on the road with a 9 speed automatic transmission. All of the "Batman vs. Superman" editions come with the bigger 2.4L 4 cylinder. The standard 1.4L turbo 4 cylinder in most Renegades burns mid-grade gas and the 2.4L burns regular. I don't think I'd like having to buy mid-grade unleaded.
Last edited by timsdiecast on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

congrats on selling! Glad you got a 16' renegade. The 16' 9spd transmisison was fixed. 15' and before was bad design and programming. I've been eyeing up that rig since release, but the trailhawk doesn't come in manual.