WTB: OEM Sub and tweeters (Enclosure & trim)

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Lancer521

WTB: OEM Sub and tweeters (Enclosure & trim)

Post by Lancer521 »

I have an '03 Pontiac Vibe with the standard 4-speaker system. I've got an aftermarket deck, just got a pair of 6.5 3-ways for the rear doors, going to get an amp any day now. I'm looking for the OEM trim and brace for tweeters (or alternatively some information on how to do it myself) and for the monsoon sub enclosure and trim.
vibenvy

Re: WTB: OEM Sub and tweeters (Enclosure & trim)

Post by vibenvy »

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

Are you going to keep the stock speakers in the front door and upgrade the rears to components?
There was never an option for components in the rear, only the front. To install in the rear you can just use the enclosure pieces that come with your speakers and either do a flush (drill hole into door panel big enough for tweeter and enclosure) or surface mount (tweeter sits on top of the door and enclosure is only held on to door by a screw or two).

To upgrade the fronts to component you can do the same thing (flush or surface) or buy the M&T sail panels that can hide the tweeters.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Lancer, this thread may be of interest for you: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40421
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476