LF Headligh Assembly 05-08

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
bull77

LF Headligh Assembly 05-08

Post by bull77 »

Hoping someone has spare headlight assemblies for both sides
Blanco_Diablo

Re: LF Headligh Assembly 05-08

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

I have a modded set retrofit by Keith with projectors and halos. I bought it second hand from Blue Crush a few years ago. Also had the housings painted black, but kept the chrome rings. Unfortunately, I had quite a few functional issues with the set-up, apparently the projector/halo quality was quite low:

• Left headlight no longer lights up
• Only one halo turns on, can't recall which one
• Right headlight, only low-beam works

Not sure it would be worth fixing what's in there, but if you are looking for housings to experiment with/throw some updated lighting into, this would probably fit the bill. I can take photos for you tomorrow.

Here is a shot from my garage:
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Thanks but I also bought the same retrofit and I'm looking to switch back. To many problems over the years that I've stopped trying to fix them.

Right now the only lights that work are my signals so I don't drive at night anymore. Not really an issue now in the summer but it will be in October when it starts getting dark at 4:30! :lol: :lol:
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Yeah, those projectors are pretty ...not amazing. My high beams only work when they feel like it. And only special bulbs fit. I'll be replacing the projectors when I can so I can get real man bulbs or something.

edit: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/closeo ... ctors.html probably these
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Bull- I hear ya, good luck finding a stock set. I just had my original housings retrofit with some Morimoto gear from the retrofitsource. 10X better quality than the set-up we all bought into. I was going to try and drop the new gear into the old retrofit, but decided to start fresh instead.

lannvouivre- I think just about anything on that site is an upgrade! Check my garage for updated info on my set-up.