Plastic Interior Dash Pieces.

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
deafanddiabetic

Plastic Interior Dash Pieces.

Post by deafanddiabetic »

Well, I'm an idiot.

In the process of painting my interior, I made some boo-boos and unfortunately two pieces just aren't repairable.

I need the left side plastic dash piece that covers the mirror and dimmer controls and the passengers door handle plastic piece that covers the automatic window and lock button. Just the plastics if possible. It's from a 2008 Base Vibe.

Thanks if anyone has anything, otherwise I'll shell out the $40 per piece on the fleabay :x

Thanks everybody!
vibenvy

Re: Plastic Interior Dash Pieces.

Post by vibenvy »

Check out car-part.com. You may get lucky and find what you need in a junkyard near you. If I'm not mistaken, those parts should be the same on all 2003-2008 Vibes and may be the same on 2003-2008 Matrices as well.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
deafanddiabetic

Post by deafanddiabetic »

Actually, this site is awesome. I called a few local places that have wrecked Vibes, but oooooo boy do they want a lot of money. I should've been more careful with the sanding process :(
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Well, that sucks to hear :(. Were any of the places you contacted U-Pull-Its? I used to go to two different U-Pull-It yards that would charge $2.00 just go go into the yards, but they always let me have small interior plastic pieces for super cheap or sometimes free. Just a thought...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

I've encountered the same thing with prior autos.

Any place that lists their vehicles or sells/and pulls per part will really sock it to you. It's just what the business can do now with a world wide ebay audience, and the aftermarket repair business (which is throttled by low insurance reimbursements) and their labor costs which prioritizes the more expensive parts.

If you're lucky to be near a UPullIt type place, then you are golden
trb

Post by trb »

Sent you a PM on these parts! There are some chips & scratches on the window piece, but not anything real deep. If you are painting them, a bit of sanding and primer should clean it up.

Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car