wanted 09 GT strut brace

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
ctgottapee

wanted 09 GT strut brace

Post by ctgottapee »

Maybe you upgraded to the fancy after market model...
I wouldn't mind giving your old factory bar some love on my AWD, the aftermarket model might be a little overkill for me
vibenvy

Re: wanted 09 GT strut brace

Post by vibenvy »

Check out car-part.com. You may be able to find a 2nd gen Vibe GT or Matrix XRS in a junkyard near you that you could grab the front strut tower brace off of.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Still looking

nobody wants to part with theirs?
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Hey CT

vibenvy clued me in that you're in the market for an OEM 2009 struct brace. I recently (yesterday) ordered a TRD one for my '09 GT. It might be a few weeks (to a month) before I get it replaced. But if you'll pay shipping or come get it (i'm in the st. louis area) it's yours.
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Dairgo wrote:Hey CT

vibenvy clued me in that you're in the market for an OEM 2009 struct brace. I recently (yesterday) ordered a TRD one for my '09 GT. It might be a few weeks (to a month) before I get it replaced. But if you'll pay shipping or come get it (i'm in the st. louis area) it's yours.
hello my friend
i'd have no problem offering generous shipping, just msg me when you are done changing it out
i'm a good three hours+ away from you

[maybe drive on the TRD for a bit too to make sure you like the change and want to keep it]
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Well, I've done some plotting and planning, I probably will be changing it out Labor Day weekend in Wisconsin. So it'll get a test out up there for a few days, and then it'll get a full test on the 300 mile drive down to St. Louis (passing Bloomington/normal).

I'm sure I will like the changes...again referencing the 2006 Monte Carlo boat... had no strut bracing front or back... I put bars in that one and it tightened up and eliminated most of the body roll. If I can do that to the Vibe, we'll be in business.

Heck, I could prolly drop them off on the way down, but that would take some coordinating.
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Dairgo wrote:Well, I've done some plotting and planning, I probably will be changing it out Labor Day weekend in Wisconsin. So it'll get a test out up there for a few days, and then it'll get a full test on the 300 mile drive down to St. Louis (passing Bloomington/normal).

I'm sure I will like the changes...again referencing the 2006 Monte Carlo boat... had no strut bracing front or back... I put bars in that one and it tightened up and eliminated most of the body roll. If I can do that to the Vibe, we'll be in business.

Heck, I could prolly drop them off on the way down, but that would take some coordinating.

I live off 55 so dropping them off could work if you don't want to bother with shipping. We could work out a prepay and dropoff location, as coordinating holiday timing might be tough.
Finding a box won't be easy and they'll be a good charge for shipping as they now tack on extras for size.
It was $33 just to ship the roof rack cross bars USPS because of length.

I def want them so whatever will work
This is my first raised seating vehicle and I'm just to fast into turns and the roll is crazy, but the suspension is already firm so I think the GT bar will work best for me and my soccer mom like lifestyle now ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

If you guys do end up planning a meetup, let me know. Depending on when and where, I might be up for a little cruise to do a mini-2nd gen meet and photoshoot with you guys :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Labor day is approaching, let me know if you are still passing through....
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Sadly, I won't be changing the part out till the weekend after Labor day (short handed at work that weekend so I have to do it next). But I will be traveling back through that Monday, the 14th. If you can meet that day or I can always meet you half way between St. Louis and Pontiac any week between Thursday and Saturday.
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

A Mon 14th meeting will be tough

It possible sometime I may hit the st louis area, great kids activities and the cards so i'll likely return.
We can also look at shipping once you know you are going to keep the new bar too.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

roger that, we'll figure it out.