09 GT rear bumper outer moulding

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
kibouyume

09 GT rear bumper outer moulding

Post by kibouyume »

I just traded in my 04 vibe and picked up an 09 GT (only 36K on it!)! I was giving it a look over today and noticed the outter trim on the passenger side of the bumper was missing. Figured it couldn't be much for a 5 inch piece of black plastic....wrong. Cheapest I could find was 127. I know its a long shot but anyone on here for some reason have an extra one they'd wanna get rid of?
tpollauf

Re: 09 GT rear bumper outer moulding

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe ;) What took you so long to join us :?: Please give us details on your previous Vibe (color, trim, mileage,etc...) and trade in allowance $$$. Also the price you paid for a nice low mileage Vibe GT. Anyways there is NO such small black piece on the rear bumper! Take a pic and post it for us so we can see what you're talking about. Post pics of the entire car while you're at it. Good luck!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Re: 09 GT rear bumper outer moulding

Post by trb »

I guess you are talking about the lower trim on the bottom of the bumper cover on the side, part # 88975681. Holy bleep, that is ridiculous! I saw it for $107 plus S&H and I agree, that is crazy for a small piece of plastic.

Best I could recommend is look on http://www.car-part.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see if there are any GTs around you and see if you can get the part used cheaper. Or look on ebay for someone selling Vibe GT parts and ask them about it.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car