03 Base Vibe Parts wanted

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
03StonesVibe

03 Base Vibe Parts wanted

Post by 03StonesVibe »

Looking for an A/C compressor and an instrument cluster (all dashlights are dark) for my baby, 03 satellite with $240k+ miles. Been told that it might be time for a new vehicle, but I am not ready! Having a hard time finding these parts. :o Anyone have any ideas? I don't really have any good pics of the car...but I am original owner so all of those miles are mine!
Attachments
car photo.jpg
car photo.jpg (17.78 KiB) Viewed 804 times
trb

Re: 03 Base Vibe Parts wanted

Post by trb »

http://www.car-part.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is probably the best place to look if no one on here has it. Many of the salvage yards will ship if you are not close to them. I saw compressors for $125 and clusters for $75 in MD and even cheaper from other places. Compressors from $45 and clusters from $40.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
03StonesVibe

Post by 03StonesVibe »

Thanx TRB! Seems that there are not very many vibes/matrices in the junkyards around here...been looking for the compressor since june and just started looking for the instrument cluster. :(
techren

Post by techren »

I have a cluster from an 03. From when I swapped mine to the 04 style.

The only problem with it is the needles are removed. I found that if you do this is is not as simple as sticking them back on. I had to fiddle around with needle positions. The gas was the hardest to get dialed back in.

If you willing to work with it, I will sell it cheap.