Canadian Tire has the ScanguageII for $150 plus scratch for $20 off

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
kaelc

Canadian Tire has the ScanguageII for $150 plus scratch for $20 off

Post by kaelc »

Finally a good deal for a Scanguage in Canada. No shipping, picked one up this morning. Not only can you clear engine codes, it gives you mileage so you can save a few bucks and if you are in to putting the pedal down you can measure HP. Check your local newspaper for the coupon to scratch to get $20 off this weekend as well to get it for $130. (you have to scratch in front of the cashier)http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/
BadBrew

Re: Canadian Tire has the ScanguageII for $150 plus scratch for $20 off (kaelc)

Post by BadBrew »

I get 196hp on my scangauge with the stock intake and 154hp with my CAI... so no it's not a good way to measure your car HP BUT it is a great tool to check for CEL and fuel mileage which is really close to reality. Check out my post if you're interested!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

brake horse power is a funny thing.
http://
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Anyone else have this? Is this thing worth the $150? I mean how does it save gas. Does it adjust anything in the ECM? Is it there to show you shift points to save fuel? At $150 it's pricey, you could buy quite a bit of gas for that price, even here.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
beemerphile1

Re: (Capt.Vibe)

Post by beemerphile1 »

Quote, originally posted by Capt.Vibe »Anyone else have this? Is this thing worth the $150? I mean how does it save gas. Does it adjust anything in the ECM?...What it does is give you information that is normally hidden from the user. It can be used to monitor fuel usage and diagnose engine problems.I have one in my E150 and one major consideration is that it can be used for monitoring transmission temperature when towing. Unfortunately it apparently cannot read the X-gauge items on our Toyota/Pontiacs so I have never used it in the Vibe.If you are a gadget/car person then it might be something you want. If not then it probably has no value for you.Edit;Those members south of the border can get a price of $118 at Amazon with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...07846 I'm guessing the price on the II has dropped because they recently introduced a new model called the ScanGaugeE which has a list price of $99.95.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
kaelc

Re: (beemerphile1)

Post by kaelc »

It does not save gas it just gives you feedback on how to modify your driving behaviour by showing your current and average MPG. Basically you can save money by keeping your rpm's near 2-2,500 rpm and save the $150! It is also allows you to check and reset your Check Engine Light which go off pretty often in older models. Shops in Canada charge 30-50$ to check the codes for you and an equivalent code reader, that interprets the codes, would cost close too $100 with shipping off of ebay. You can adjust the Advanced Setup parameters to make the HP setting reading more in line with actual HP, but I have no clue how the car would measure HP and give that to the Scanguage.Thanks for the link Badbrew