ready for the first storm?

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
ShotInTheDark

ready for the first storm?

Post by ShotInTheDark »

Well i got the vibe all gassed up and am ready to go out an play in the snow this weekend. I'm headed to western Maryland in the mountains to try and do a little skiing. Hope all the rest of you fair well in the weather
Raven

Re: ready for the first storm? (ShotInTheDark)

Post by Raven »

I'm heading up to my place in Quebec in the Gatineau Hills to do some skiing this weekend also. It's been -15c every night for a week or so for snow-making and we've had about 8-10 inches of the real stuff. It should be a good start to the season.
ShotInTheDark

Re: ready for the first storm? (Sunny)

Post by ShotInTheDark »

I'm not really looking for any good skiing but we get snow so little down here on at the ocean that any excuse to go drive in it for the weekend sounds good
Sputnik

Re: ready for the first storm? (Sunny)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by Sunny »I'm heading up to my place in Quebec in the Gatineau Hills to do some skiing this weekend also. It's been -15c every night for a week or so for snow-making and we've had about 8-10 inches of the real stuff. It should be a good start to the season. 8 to 10 inches of the real stuff!? Where in Ottawa are you?? I'm downtown and we've just got enough to cover the sidewalks.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Raven

Re: ready for the first storm? (Sputnik)

Post by Raven »

At Mont Ste. Marie Sputnik, there's at least that much on the ground. It's enough colder up in the "mountains" that rain in Ottawa is snow at MSM.
joatmon

Re: ready for the first storm? (ShotInTheDark)

Post by joatmon »

Storm seems to be following the historical rain/snow line that runs diagonally more or less SW/NE through DC. Just rain for me.Quote, originally posted by ShotInTheDark »Hope all the rest of you fair well in the weatherThanks, you too, have fun up where they actually have rocks.
ShotInTheDark

Re: ready for the first storm? (joatmon)

Post by ShotInTheDark »

I stopped in my parents in northern Baltimore County they got clobbered! 14 inches of snow on the ground when I got there on Saturday! Talk about a difference from the eastern shore to there.