Greetings Mid-Atlantic States

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
cibomatto

Greetings Mid-Atlantic States

Post by cibomatto »

ok.. Surely we can do a Vibe meet of our own
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
ShotInTheDark

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (cibomatto)

Post by ShotInTheDark »

bout time this was combined...
Roadpig

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (ShotInTheDark)

Post by Roadpig »

Surely we can do a Vibe meet of our ownI'm in, just tell when & where
2004 Vibe GT, Neptune Two ToneGraphite Interior, Moon & TunesPower Package, 17" Rims, Exhaust Tip Mods Tinted (50% front window, 35% back & rear)Cosmo Alpha Omega 3 Child Seat & Booster SeatCustom Cargo Mat, DebadgedMagnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Injen CAI
Stang2Vibe

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (Roadpig)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Good luck, I was trying to get one going when I was moderator of the PA forum and I got very little response. Also, it's getting late in the year. I made it to the Northeast Rally this summer and it was fun. I wanted to hold a tri-state meet but got almost no response.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
cibomatto

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (Stang2Vibe)

Post by cibomatto »

Hmm..well there have been some great Vibe meetings but from the most active states. I wonder how we could generate more interest and attract more new members. I am seeing more and more Viber in my immedaite area but I am probably 1 of about half a dozen people from VA alone that actively participates. Hmmmmm,--brainstorm--
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

I was really wanting to do this, but work has made it impossible for me to even breathe! I finally got to meet up with JustinVGT not too long ago. He expressed interested as well. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to unitl Spring. I'm willing to help put together a real meet if you guys can wait and also chip in. I've got connections to T-shirt printers and the whole works! Would this be an option for everybody or would I be be wasting my time? Plus I should have my rims by then!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

quote:I wonder how we could generate more interest and attract more new members. I am seeing more and more Viber in my immedaite area but I am probably 1 of about half a dozen people from VA alone that actively participates.Doing some exterior mods to draw attention to the car and having a GenVibe.com sticker noticable on the car would probably work. I am noticing more Vibes in my area as well, but most are owned and/or driven by middle-aged to older women. Not exactly your typical base for car enthusiasts. Also, I'm not sure about how we were geographically lumped together. It's quite a drive from PA to VA, I've done it before. It's much easier for me to attend events in MD, OH, or WV in addition to my home state than to have to drive all the way to VA.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
joatmon

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (Stang2Vibe)

Post by joatmon »

If anyone cares, here's a pic showing where I am (from the Isabel thread)Often feels like I'm not close to anything. With the holidays coming up, everyone will be busy, and although it is not canada, it still does get reasonably cold around here in the winter. I'll be busy weekend pretty much through Thanksgiving with winterizing stuff and some house repairs that have gone too long unfinished. I know it sounds like I'm coming up with reasons to not have one, but am just trying to be realistic. If it's not until spring, then maybe there's some event that a meet can be concurrent with. DC cherry blossoms or something like that. Give people an extra reason to come.I don't know how to get more members in the region. I "spotted" a base 04 auto satellite two tone this week, but that's the first one I've been able to tag in two months. Maybe by the time the forum lets us upload, I'll have another proposed MidAtlantic genvibe flyer, and we can agressively hit the dealers with them, catch vibers while they are full of new car enthusiasm and curiosity. Still, can't expect every person that buys a vibe to be interested in learning more than just how to put gas in it.
ShotInTheDark

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (joatmon)

Post by ShotInTheDark »

I'm in salisbury MD. My parents live in Baltimore so I'm familiar with the area. You should have come down this summer I would have put you up.
Roadpig

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (ShotInTheDark)

Post by Roadpig »

Well I'm willing to drive to northern VA or MD...that is roughly the center for the mid-atlantic area. I'd love to see some of the different mods people have made to their Vibes along with being able to attach a face to some of these posts.I agree however that the end of the year is very busy, lots of holidays etc. Maybe we can plan something for the spring. I've never been to a meet so I'm not sure what kind of logistics are involved, but I can help if needed.BTW, I'm in SE VA, about 50min east of Richmond.
2004 Vibe GT, Neptune Two ToneGraphite Interior, Moon & TunesPower Package, 17" Rims, Exhaust Tip Mods Tinted (50% front window, 35% back & rear)Cosmo Alpha Omega 3 Child Seat & Booster SeatCustom Cargo Mat, DebadgedMagnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Injen CAI
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I once dated a girl from Williamsburg, although she pronounced it "Weemsburg"
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Yeah, I'd like to attend a meet sometime. I have been so busy the past months, but I just quit one of my two jobs and am still going to school. I now have all my weekends off, so it will be giving me more free time.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
Roadpig

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (JustinVGT)

Post by Roadpig »

Hey JustinVGT, how did you remove your roof rack? It looks cool, and I was thinking about doing it. I was looking at it the other day & it seemed like one of the silver "rails" would have to be removed so the rack could be pulled off etc. Is that right? Was it hard, did anything break?Thanks!
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

It's pretty easy to remove the cross bars. Here is a link Dmitri posted on his removal: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=5194 Just pull up on the rear black caps, remove the small screw on each rail, and slide out the bars.Later,
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
AKLGT

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (joatmon)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I once dated a girl from Williamsburg, although she pronounced it "Weemsburg"i once lived in Norfolk, VA and it sucked... i pronounced it Nor-F*CK! now i refer to it as hell.... but that's a different story.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
2qwik4u

Re: Greetings Mid-Atlantic States (trdvibe)

Post by 2qwik4u »

Hey, if any of you guys (and gals) are interested, a bunch of us Matrix owners get together about once or twice a month in the MD/DC/VA area. I know that they are planning a meet for the 20th. I won't be able to go, but if you more info, cruise over to matrixowners.com and check out the Maryland forum. We'd be happy to have some of our Vibe cousins attend.
Solar Yellow '04 Matrix BaseCustom PinstripesYellow Gauge SurroundHotchkis Springs and Rear Swayhttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/633109http ... ion_page=Y