Dual Vibes Sited

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
tots

Dual Vibes Sited

Post by tots »

This forum doesn't seem to get many postings, so when I saw a pair of Vibes cruising outside Frederick, I thought it worthy of a post.I just caught saw them briefly - a salsa and a neptune, not sure if they were bases or GTs. Anyway, if you see a Vibe on the roads of our fine state - chime in and name the location!
My Vibe: 2004 Base, Fusion Orange, Mono, ABS, Power.16" Alloys, Factory Alarm, Side Air Bags. Cargo Box
tots

Re: Dual Vibes Sited (joatmon)

Post by tots »

Cool. I remember when Saturns 1st came out I heard tales of drivers waving to each other. What is it about certain cars that build such a personal following? I'll bet Camary & Accord drivers don't wave to each other!
My Vibe: 2004 Base, Fusion Orange, Mono, ABS, Power.16" Alloys, Factory Alarm, Side Air Bags. Cargo Box
joatmon

Re: Dual Vibes Sited (tots)

Post by joatmon »

For me and the Vibe, i wave to other Vibe drivers because the car is uncommon, and it stands out. Imagine if minivan drivers waved to each other, they'd have some tired arms. I wave to matrix drivers, but haven't had any wave back yet. There's an idle thread about "the Vibe wave" at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=133 You up in Frederick? I bought my vibe from Starrett in hagerstown. I have a pretty low opinion of car salespeople in general, and they were no different, Who did you order your Vibe through?
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

Joatmon,Do you live near Hagerstown? The company I work for has a warehouse in Hagerstown. I've only been there once, but I only remember that there was alot of space down there (not too crowded like in Joisey).
Philippians 2:11
joatmon

Re: Dual Vibes Sited (Reynoma)

Post by joatmon »

No, I'm down on the southern end of the state, about where the Potomac dumps into the chesapeake. When I was looking for a Vibe, I had some pressure to get one right away (other car was dying, not sure if the incentives would continue, etc) The lovely people at the hagerstown dealer lied to me about what they had in stock, I called them three times and asked them to specifically check the model/options. Drove up there, blew a head gasket near frederick, limped my truck into the dealership, and drove out with a vibe. I was kind of stuck, or else I wouldn't have done business with them. I wanted a 5 speed with no sunroof, but power package, ended up with 5 speed, moon& tunes, but no power package. Don't care so much about hte power windows, but wish I had the power locks. Didn't want sunroof to get extra headroom, but hasn't really been a problem.So long story, short answer is no, but I agree, beautiful up that way.
tots

Post by tots »

Yup - I'm in Frederick. I've only seen a handful of Vibes and agree that's what helps make them special. In fact when I tell folks I've got a Vibe on order, they either don't know about it or confuse it with the Azteck (yikes!).
ShotInTheDark

Post by ShotInTheDark »

down here in Ocean City there are no other vibes. The only ones I've seen have been base models driven by grandmothers.
chargedvibe

Post by chargedvibe »

I graduated in 2001 from GMHS Where are you from? I lived in Ceder Cove.Marshall
Stang2Vibe

Re: Dual Vibes Sited (ShotInTheDark)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

There are 4 Vibes in my neighborhood now. My monotone Neptune GT, there is a two tone Neptune base automatic that lives around the block that I see some lady driving all the time, a two tone Satellite AWD that is about 2 blocks away, and another base automatic about 5 blocks away that I can't remember what color it is now. But I was the first!!! They're all just wannabe's .I've experienced the Vibe wave once or twice before. Now that there are many more of them popping up around the area, there may be more waving going on in the warmer weather when the windows are rolled down.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
joatmon

Re: Dual Vibes Sited (chargedvibe)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by chargedvibe »I graduated in 2001 from GMHS Where are you from? I lived in Ceder Cove.MarshallGo Hornets!I'm about 1/4 mile north of St. Mary's College, just off route 5.Where in Baltimore are you? I grew up in Catonsville
chargedvibe

Post by chargedvibe »

I live In Timonium. did you go to GMHS?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I was a Catonsville Comet, Class of so long ago I can't remember Moved to the Mother county for a job, a couple of jobs ago.
chargedvibe

Post by chargedvibe »

Where are you now?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

It would be cool if there was some sort of virtual map somewhere that people could mark to show where they were. . till then, here are some picshttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerofile/2235/path2.jpg

Attached files
ShotInTheDark

Post by ShotInTheDark »

I grew up in pikesville before moving to ocean city.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Jeep wave is the famous one. Doesn't matter if the owner is 90 or 5 every driver of a Wrangler automatically knows to wave to eachother, it's like a written law lol. My friend has a wrangler.Yesterday on the way to grandmas I noticed a Vibe acrss the intersection. I was expecting it to be another soccer mom, but it was a younger guy, and he noticed me and the grills and overlays. H was staring at me when he went around hte corner and even looked back out the window, so I kinda gave im a little wave and he didnt respond so maybe he didnt notice?Another time I was sitting at a light and thi red Matrix with tint, CAI, exhaust, springs and wheels was turning left, when he noticed me he pointed at the car and his friend looed over and they both were staring. I waved to them too and they didn't respond. (When I say wave I don't mean like mickey mouse wave, just kinda stick up my hand for a second, so maybe these people just think im testing the wind or something?)Also, tuesday, I was with my friend and we saw this girl in a silver matrix...i swear she looked like Hope. It was a silver Matrix with almost the same sivler side grapjic as Hope, she looked kinda like her. It also had CAI, springs, and a body kit. Her and I were showing off our cars and speeding ahead and stuff, then i stopped next to her at a light and said "hey nice car" and she turned her head and looked like she wanted to kill me! lol, craxy Matrix owners.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark