Let's do a meet. soon!

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
savedbyzero

Let's do a meet. soon!

Post by savedbyzero »

Anybody up for it? DC/NoVa/MD area? It'd be cool to see some other ZZ enthusiasts! How's it sound to everyone? Heck, forget just this area. We'll have it here, but anyone can drive their a$$ here!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
cibomatto

Re: Let's do a meet. soon! (savedbyzero)

Post by cibomatto »

It would be great to have one in the region
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
savedbyzero

Re: Let's do a meet. soon! (cibomatto)

Post by savedbyzero »

With all two of us...this freakin' sucks...
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I thought you'd get a better response. I'll try to come, but it's a crazy time of the year for me. You can do it in DC, have a "million Vibe march" and parade Vibes past Congress. Might even get news coverage if enough Vibers show up.
savedbyzero

Re: Let's do a meet. soon! (joatmon)

Post by savedbyzero »

umm, yeah. so, i'll call ya...or not. No, but seriously, it doesn't have to be now. We could it in September or October. That would give us enough time to build up some steam and get ZZer's rolling!
cibomatto

Post by cibomatto »

We could also try to recruit as many members as possible to join the forum... I have a bunch of those genvibe.com fliers printed out and stored in my car,... I had a few opportunities to put the fliers on Vibes but I chickened out.. Felt too creepy...
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

quote:umm, yeah. so, i'll call ya...or not. Hey, I was only trying to be honest about it. I mean, a Vibe meet in the area would be great, it's sick that nobody's rogering up on it, but I'm pretty booked thru labor day, so depending on when it is, I may(sob) miss it.If it's in October, could do it in Shenandoah with the autumn leaves.
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

Sorry, just letting my sarcasm show! I think it would be cool if we did it on the mall! What a photo that would be!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

no worries, just sarcasming you backBeing by DC, you hear about every little protest march, maybe we need a cause (with a good acronym), like demonstrating that people can have a fun car that's not a gas pigGlobal Enthusiasts for New Vehicle Improvement and Better Environment (GENVIBE) Get some Washington Post coverage on that, and watch the membership growunless the term "genvibe" is copyrighted to the site and off limits for other use
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

quote:Global Enthusiasts for New Vehicle Improvement and Better Environment (GENVIBE) Get some Washington Post coverage on that, and watch the membership growDude, that's pretty impressive! I would've taken FOREVER to come up with that!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
cibomatto

Post by cibomatto »

quote:Global Enthusiasts for New Vehicle Improvement and Better Environment (GENVIBE) Get some Washington Post coverage on that, and watch the membership growunless the term "genvibe" is copyrighted to the site and off limits for other useThat ROCKS>...Hey.. ......if the few of us met do you think gm/pontiac will roll out the red carpet for us and bring in tricked out supercharged Vibes??
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

Depends on how many we get out. I've got a connection to Pontiac Excitement magazine. I'll drop him a line...
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I think it would be great if we could arrange a meet sometime. I'm going on a road trip the second half of this month and am pretty busy with work until then. Then classes start again, but hopefully I can still find the time. Savedbyzero, looks like we're just a few miles down the road from each other. Maybe some day we could check out each other's Vibes. I'd like to see your mods.Later,
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
cibomatto

Re: Let's do a meet. soon! (JustinVGT)

Post by cibomatto »

wow.. its nice to see some activity in this forum The NJ and OH meet is breaking me apart.. I would LOEV to spend a day with them checking out all of the Vibes.. just too far and I don't have time bummer... it woul dbe great to see a meet happen in the Mid-Atlantic area.
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

JustinVGT, We should definitely meet up sometime. I live right off 7 behind GWU and Strayer U. It's the light right before 28. I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks to Canada, but I'll look you up when I get back!So are we gonna try to do this meet thing, or what?
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Man, I drive by that light just about every single day! I'm surprised I've never seen your Vibe on the road.Anyone else in the area?
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Hey Savedbyzero,I was wondering how you had your Sportlines installed. Did you do it yourself or what shop did you go to? If you took it to a shop, about how much did it cost for installation?
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

My father did it in Indiana. He said it was quite easy. I'll talk to him and get the complete low-down on it.
joatmon

Re: Let's do a meet. soon!

Post by joatmon »

2 months later .....So, gonna be the million vibe march on DC, or autumn vibe festival in the shenandoah, or maybe something completely different?
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

Unfortunately, it may have to wiat 'til spring if I was to organize it. I'm unbelievably busy. Going to L.A., Costa Rica, NYC, and also a 3 day roadtrip to different important locations of the Civil Rights movement, all in this month! The Vibe rally is gonna have to wait, unfortunatley...plus I gotta get my car fixed before the meet!
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I am very very busy as well! Full time college student and two jobs, talk about busy. I need to get my rear bumper replaced as well, since I was rearended (minor luckily). But, we definitely need to plan a meet sometime.
Roadpig

Post by Roadpig »

Whenever y'all (how's that for being southern ) set a date for a Vibe rally....you can count me in! I'll go anywhere in VA/MD.
2004 Vibe GT, Neptune Two ToneGraphite Interior, Moon & TunesPower Package, 17" Rims, Exhaust Tip Mods Tinted (50% front window, 35% back & rear)Cosmo Alpha Omega 3 Child Seat & Booster SeatCustom Cargo Mat, DebadgedMagnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Injen CAI