Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
joatmon

Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole

Post by joatmon »

http://www.newsleader.com/arti...venueQuote »Car crash blocks Greenville AvenueBy Rebecca Martinez/staff • rmartinez@newsleader.com • July 29, 2010 STAUNTON — Staunton police charged a Stuarts Draft man with reckless driving after his vehicle crashed into a utility pole on Greenville Avenue in Staunton on Wednesday.Boyd Kiser, 32, was driving southbound on Greenville Avenue when he veered across the center lane and struck a telephone pole near the Long John Silver's restaurant on the northbound side of the road, said Officer Lisa Klein of Staunton Police.Dispatch received a call about the accident at 12:03 p.m., and police, the Staunton Fire Department and Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad responded to the incident.Kiser was trapped in his black Pontiac Vibe, which was on its side, when rescue arrived. Fire fighters removed the vehicle's roof to extract him, said Officer B.M. Metje, who was on the scene.No other motorists were involved in the crash. Kiser was taken to Augusta Health in stable condition and was soon released.Police said Kiser did not explain why he swerved off the road but determined that neither drugs nor alcohol played a role in the crash. Kiser was charged with failing to maintain control of the vehicle.Police closed off a portion of a northbound lane in front of the restaurant for more than an hour until debris from the telephone pole was removed.think it might be totalled?

Attached files
BlueCrush

Re: Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole (joatmon)

Post by BlueCrush »

Pole = 1Vibe = 0Pole deals a crushing blow to Vibe and wins by TKO. Decision goes to Pole.Joatmon, You should change your screen name to GrimReaper, cause you are no longer the master of none. You are the master of bringing us all the death and destruction involving the Vibe...lol.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Wow, that 09 or 10 had a short life span! Good thing it didn't take the driver out too!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Just pound the dents out and she'll be good as new.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
joatmon

Re: Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole (BlueCrush)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Pole = 1Vibe = 0I don't know, the article said "Police closed off a portion of a northbound lane in front of the restaurant for more than an hour until debris from the telephone pole was removed" so it sounds like the Vibe reduced the pole to scattered debris. I'd call this one a draw.
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Obviously both the Passive and the Active restraints worked along with the crumple zone and the driver essentially walked away unharmed!I'd modify the score to Vibe = 1Pole = 0It kinda makes you feel safe doesn't it!?!?Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
cptnsolo77

Re: Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole (djkeev)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

It sure does!!! If i had to guess from the pictures & guess if there was a fatality or survivor....I would have guessed fatal!!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
tpollauf

Re: Staunton VA - Vibe vs Pole (cptnsolo77)

Post by tpollauf »

What a mess This guy had better go out and get himself another Vibe seeing how he lived through this one
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Those are just small dings... they'll buff right out!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)