HANNA

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
Raivis

HANNA

Post by Raivis »

wow they are already putting va in a state of emergency due to hanna. looks like we are gonna have tropical storm force winds and possably tornadoes (and i live in a trailer park yeah me!!!) hopfully they are wrong like they kinda were with gustav and we really wont get hit by much. funny little story about isabel in 2003: my wife, 6month old daughter and i were living at my in-laws house for isabel. in laws had to go to tennesse for family emergency. we had never been through a hurricane before. so we are geting prepared for it and the phone rings. i go answer it and heres what was said: (me) hello? (on the phone) hey this is isabel yall should get out of there! (me) huh? my jaw hit the ground holy crap the hurricane is telling us to leave this is a bad sign! after a couple seconds i relize its my in-laws landlord isabel. i laugh everytime i hear the name isabel now.
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
BlueCrush

Re: HANNA (Raivis)

Post by BlueCrush »

Hello, this is HANNA. Y'all better get out of the trailer park, 'cause I'm blowing thru! Good luck and Stay safe!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Toasted7

Re: HANNA (BlueCrush)

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Hello, this is HANNA. Y'all better get out of the trailer park, 'cause I'm blowing thru! Good luck and Stay safe! Haha!+1 on the gettin' out and stay safe part!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

in't goin no where unless they upgrade it to a hurricane for us. i delt with isabel which was a cat 2 hurricane when it hit us we stayed in a trailer for most of isabel till power went out. so im not too worried i bought some stuff incase the power goes out and i might tape some windows but doubt it
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Try not to be too stubborn about evacuation...we like our members around here in one piece and not so thrown about...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

if they upgrade then i will but im not leaving the area due to a tropical storm
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I sharpened the chain, and laid in a supply of bar oil and fuel/oil mix. The only question for me is whether to park in the garage or outside on the other side of the house, away from the trees.Last winter I heated my house exclusively with Isabel, this winter it will be with Ernesto
BlueCrush

Re: (Raivis)

Post by BlueCrush »

Hi, this is HANNA again. I'm a wind (removed) and I'm blowin' everyone in the Southeast....hahahaha!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
KNINE

Re: (joatmon)

Post by KNINE »

My generator is gassed up and ready to go.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
DarkVibe

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »My generator is gassed up and ready to go. I hope your Lava Vibe gets a spot inside.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
KNINE

Re: (DarkVibe)

Post by KNINE »

Nope. He has to fend for himself outside.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

here comes the first rains. No wind yet.
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

decent rain right now but not really any wind and i gotta work all day tomm. i work at a vacation resort and i have to work yeah me!
joholste

Re: (Raivis)

Post by joholste »

yeah i'm on standby to start sandbagging the bases in DC should the water start rising.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Blueridge9

Re: (joholste)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Water is so damaging to a home. I'm glad you are on standby.If anybody gets flooded get a portable sump pump to pump the water out and save your back. They sell them at Loews and Home Depot.Preparations at our house: I got my lanterns ready, drinking water, put batteries in the radio and flashlights, charged the walky talkies. I also have a landline phone for emergencies and a chainsaw. We had to cancel a trip to see a friend in Norfolk this weekend due to the weather. And right behind Hanna is Ike. I doubt I will "Like Ike".Blueridge9
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joholste

Re: (Blueridge9)

Post by joholste »

yeah currently we havent gotten called out but I expect it to happen tonight early tomorrow morning if it does happen
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
KNINE

Re: (joholste)

Post by KNINE »

Suffolk got throught it okay. not nearly as bad as suspected. No power outages. I didn't even lose satellite.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Hanna was pretty much just a rain event here. The attached pic is from the most unusual thing I saw around here during the peak of the storm

Attached files
hskater26

Re: (joatmon)

Post by hskater26 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Hanna was pretty much just a rain event here. The attached pic is from the most unusual thing I saw around here during the peak of the stormhahaha awesome.....perfect weather for it
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2