Might be moving to MD

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
WaveAction

Might be moving to MD

Post by WaveAction »

hey whats up MD vibers...i might be moving to MD just outside of Baltimore to be with my Fiance....we havent really decided on if she wants to move up here..if she doesnt..then it's cool cause i dont have anything to lose up here lol..would be a big switch..getting my passport and all the other crazy papers i need to be there..plus get my american license..which is gonna suck...but oh well..she's worth everything..is it nice in MD?? im visiting soon, probably sometime in June for about a week or so..
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

yes, MD is nice, i've been to baltimore on school trips a few times and what not but it is nice from what i saw. good weather too, i go to school just outside of philly PA and we already have temps in the 70 for the afternoon. so MD a lil further south= warmer, "winters" probably in the 40F's but if it snows it maybe more ice than snow. i expect some MDers to add to this but thought i'd post my experiencegood luck with everything
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

yea..she says theirs not much to do down there lol..but i'll have to see when i visit her in june..she might move up here..alot to do around my area...gonna be a nice drive down there..any bad neighborhoods to stay clear of by any chance?
joatmon

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »yea..she says theirs not much to do down there lol..I guess it depends on what you like to do. Maybe she doesn't have anybody to do it with until you come down. What types of public activities do you two hope to find in a place? There are probably a ton of tourism sites that will paint a beautiful picture of MD, and Baltimore. I'll let you find them From the Appalachians to the Chesapeake, to the Atlantic, there is a lot of diverse geography in the state. Baltimore is a big city, there are bad neighborhoods in every big city. Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs are a local food specialty, and if you have some, here is what you need to know to be like the natives:1. If you get a crab cake, take a bite, then look at it, think for a moment, and then say "This place uses more filler than I do"2. If you pick hardshells, at some point look skeptically at someone else's pile of discarded shell, point, and say "There's still a lot of good meat in there"MD spends a lot of money on roads, most of them are in pretty good shape. Right turn on red after stop unless otherwise posted. Yield for pedestrians, even when they do stupid things. What direction of "just outside of Baltimore" is she?
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol..ya i dont remember off hand exactly where she's from..but i know she's outside of baltimore..i'll have to find out exactly very shortly since im driving down from canada..a hell of alot cheaper then the plane..$500 for the plane..and maybe $150 for gas there and backand about the crab and stuff..im not a fan of seafood..i'd eat anything else but seafood...i love oriental foods..chinese..japanese..vietnamese..and always love the pasta dishes..i'd be leaving my house at like..3am..and hopefully get there around 10 or so..i drive abit fast lol
Baltovibe

Re: Might be moving to MD (RedFire2K)

Post by Baltovibe »

I have lived in Baltimore most of my life, and I do love it here. It is near so many places (especially Washington DC) without all of the traffic and high-cost living.Maryland has been called "America in Miniature" because of the mountains in the west, and beaches on the east, all within 3 hours of Baltimore. And winters here are moderate, with a really big snow storm every 4 years or so.There is always some place to see or visit nearby, and never gets boring. I have done extensive traveling, and the only thing I notice is that people here are not so friendly.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol cool..maybe i'll see some of you as im cruising the streets down there huh?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »lol cool..maybe i'll see some of you as im cruising the streets down there huh?maybe, but even with the Canadian plates, we probably won't notice a sunfire be sure to wave at every vibe, if it is one of us, we'll know, if not, they'll think you're nuts and get out of your way
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol..how many sunfires look like mine down there?..and it's loud too..well..not that loud but louder then most sunfires
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Spent 4 years out there while the Air Force had us stationed at Ft. Meade. It wasn't bad. Lots of stuff to do, that's for sure. Not a big fan of the weather, too humid for me...rather stay out here in the Western side of the US. Go down into DC and check out the Smithsonian stuff, monuments, etc. Baltimore's Inner Harbor is cool also. That's too bad about you not being a fan of seafood, because there's tons of it out there. But there's plenty of other good food also. Have fun!
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

hey, i lived in the baltimore area for 3 years!(we can discuss more at the meet in mississauga)...it was nice down there. summers are really hot and humid (the first summer we lived there nearly killed us all!) and the winters are funny...the threat of snow and everything shuts down. if any snow actually does fall it's a panic and there will be no milk/bread/toilet paper left on the shelves at your local grocery store.and i'll never forget the practice of putting your dining room chair in your parking spot after shovelling it out...to save it for yourself when not there.i had neighbours still using the chair well into May!Food is good...the Ravens rock! but don't expect ANYBODY to talk about hockey unless you head a little south and you might find some Caps fans.I miss Papa John's butter dipping sauce...mmmm..and going to annapolis to stroll around the harbour while eating ben and jerry's ice cream.i never was a fan of crab cakes, but the hard shells are fun to eat and make chicken wings seem really bland. they're good with a beer or two...etc.the roads ARE really good around there!we can talk more next week at the meet....
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

definitly man, i've read a bunch of stuff about baltimore and maryland all together and it seems like a really nice place to live, im still researching about everything, im really excited about this lol, i wish i could go at the end of this month, but its to short of a notice for work, and my birthday is then, and my fiance will be in florida visiting her cousins
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Maybe you can come to our Virginia Beach meet. We need the people!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol perhaps i might, dont forget it wont be for atleast a year or 2 before I move down there
joatmon

Re: Might be moving to MD (RedFire2K)

Post by joatmon »

just so you won't get so homesick if you move this far south, here is a pic of my backyard this morning

Attached files
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

my backyard is somewhat green right now..we got flurries but the snow aint sticking which is good..how bad are the winters down there? i hate driving in the winter lol