Mini Meet / Install Meet Anyone?

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
ragingfish

Mini Meet / Install Meet Anyone?

Post by ragingfish »

So it looks like I'll be helping keithvibe install some HIDs and possibly an autodim mirror soon.Wondering if anyone in NJ/eastern PA or surrounding areas would be interested in making a mini meet out of this? Just a thought...I know the warm winter has been making me long for a meet...No date set yet...just feeling it out at the moment...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Vibr8tr

Re: Mini Meet / Install Meet Anyone? (ragingfish)

Post by Vibr8tr »

I know this spring we are doing ameet in VA Beach, but I know that's a ways from you. But if you are interested I will bring the thread back up to active topics.
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i'd consider it depending on the date and how much homework i have for college (shouldnt b too much this semester)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I was working with photoshop the other night and came up with this. I am going to put these under windshield wipers when I come across another Vibe and or Trix.Trying to increase the members in my area and possibly get mini meets together.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Hey guys, I'm looking at Saturday the 13th to come out to PA for the installs...Anyone up to joining us?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

change of plans!i (finally) got a job, so I don't know that i'd be available next weekend. that being said, i will revert to this weekend. so is anyone up for meeting up this saturday, the 6th?

2009 PONTIAC G8
keithvibe

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by keithvibe »

YEA! JOB.....
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

aight guys, we're a go for this saturday (the 6th)! who's in???

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

aaaaaaaanybody?

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

they're calling for near-70° weather tomorrow!any of you who wanted to come would be foolish not to show!!!

2009 PONTIAC G8
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i just checked back in the thread...the day of the "meet". wish i had a lil more notice but for the heck of it when n where?easton, based on keiths posted location, is a lil over an hr from home (wilkes-barre)
ragingfish

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by ragingfish »

check in with keith he'll give you the skinny on the location, i'm getting to his place about 11 am-ish...

2009 PONTIAC G8
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i dont expect to be there due to the short notice but i guess thats my bad for not checkin the thread sooner. since i'm only 20 (for another week n a half) n live under the parents roof.i didn't send anything to keithenjoy the install
keithvibe

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by keithvibe »

I realize it was short notice. Maybe sometime in the spring.
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

well got the HID's installed and the auto dimming mirror as well and did the mod for the drls and disabled the compressor for the defrost. Took us about 2 and half hours to do everything.Some photosWe ended up using the temp sensor for the air in the cabin being the vibe already has the temp sensor outside.The one hid didn't start right away so we changed out the fuses although none were burnt it did the trick.
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

more photos at nightwe upgraded the fog lights to HID. The headlights are still silverstars
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

looks good, glad it went well
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

hey!you said there weren't any crotch pictures!!! sorry nobody else could come, it was very short notice unfortunately...i'm already working on a central jersey meet for the spring though! hope to see some of you guys there!

2009 PONTIAC G8
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »hey!you said there weren't any crotch pictures!!! I don't know what your talkin bout.... lol All I see is a giant elbow in the photo.BTW Mike. Your getting rave reviews on the MO sighthttp://matrixowners.com/forums...65935TY again for the help
ColonelPanic

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Awesome! Yet another schnoz removed from a car by raging. It's not so shocking anymore once you've seen it eleventeen times. lol!Everything looks good, great job raging!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I got outside this morning and did the fog light conversion so they come on with the parking lights and stay on with the highbeams.YEA me... LOL love to be able to mod in the middle of winter lol Global warming rocks, that is till our coast lines start to shrink up an we lose some land mass
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »I don't know what your talkin bout.... lol All I see is a giant elbow in the photo.BTW Mike. Your getting rave reviews on the MO sighthttp://matrixowners.com/forums...65935TY again for the helpwow, i've never been the "cool" kid before. LOL!no problem, i was glad to help, the drive was a cinch (except for that god forsaken route 18 detour my lame-o GPS took me up...), and it was enjoyable. i'm kinda disappointed that interceptor wouldn't fit my car, i was eager to test-drive it...

2009 PONTIAC G8
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »i'm kinda disappointed that interceptor wouldn't fit my car, i was eager to test-drive it...I was eager to sell it to ya
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Great work as always, Ragin'. Looks good, Keith!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Had a chance tonight to test out the hid's and the auto dimming mirror.Love the lights. Doesn't seem to be a problem with blinding people. Not one flash of lights. The auto dimming mirror will take some time getting use to. It doesn't dim fast enough for me. I guess I will have to break out the manual and read how to change it to night manually if I can't get used to the auto dim feature.I did find out I will have to relocate the temp sensor as well. It was getting a false reading. No way it was 84degrees in the car today. I will try putting it up in the head liner.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

One thing I don't miss about the auto dimming mirror is the fact that it sometimes I wish I could force it to dim on command. When I worked nights, I'd travel west to the house as the sun rose from the east, that sucker was bright, and no way to dim the mirror! Unless you cover up the rearward facing sensor with your hand and keep it that way, then it thinks it's dark. They do take a bit to get used to, but I'm pretty confident that you'll get adjusted to it just fine. It really is nice to not have to reach up to flip the thingy on the mirror. For the temp sensor, was it placed down low on the dash and you had the heat on? One thing I just thought of, I wonder if it's meant to get its most accurate reading when it is sensing a stream of airflow? Kinda like how the Vibe's outside sensor is, where you switch the ignition on and you're seeing a different number than you would a few miles down the road. Hopefully though, it's just a location thing and moving it elsewhere will help.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image