Hey PA Guys, what's the deal with the "DARE" plates?

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
Cougar Vibe

Hey PA Guys, what's the deal with the "DARE" plates?

Post by Cougar Vibe »

A few years back I moved to PA from Washington, and since I've been here, I've noticed that a lot of young guys/tuners sport that black "DARE" plates on their cars. Now I'm not saying anything against the "DARE" program, but that would seem pretty lame to me. What's the deal? Is it a reverse mojo sort of thing...like it's so lame it's cool? Is there some sort of insurance break if you get these plates? Is it just because they're black with a red triangle? Just wondering...BTW: If I see another Cavalier with a fake German plate on the front, I'm gonna bust out the bag of sugar and do my own mod on the car. It's bad enough when an old Jetta/Golf sports 'em, but a non-German car? I much prefer to the see the Lowe's/Home Depot spoiler on a Cavalier than those...
Shadow-Vibe

Re: Hey PA Guys, what's the deal with the "DARE" plates? (Cougar Vibe)

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

I believe the "Dare" plates actually give you a discount on insurance. I don't have one either but I have seen them around also.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

maybe the people who have them think the police won't pull them over.
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

Wow - Reducing insurance costs - anything I can do!As far as them putting them on because maybe they are so lame that it is cool, it could be the case with some of the people sporting them...But I think in alot of cases young people who have lost a friend or family member, to drugs, violence, alchol, etc. usually strongly support those organizations after the death.When I lost a friend to violence at a bar fight it seemed that people were opening up, and realizing 'wait that ISN'T cool anymore'.Same goes for people who lost a loved one to drinking and driving, usually sporting a MADD (Mother's against drunk driving) tie on their car.
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
russ257

Re: Hey PA Guys, what's the deal with the "DARE" plates? (viberationz)

Post by russ257 »

I belive the reason most people have them is due to them being white letters on a black plate so they look better then our standard blue and yellow one. I like the look but only on a black car
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub