Good dealerships around Pittsburgh?

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
ajf3ajf3

Good dealerships around Pittsburgh?

Post by ajf3ajf3 »

Hey all - I'm picking up my new (to me) Envy Green Vibe later today... it's around 1500mi away from the 36k factory warranty expiration.I'm thinking I'll drive it for 1k or so and then take it into a dealer to get all of the TSB's & warranty items taken care of...Question is this (I'm new to Pontiac)... is there a dealership around Pittsburgh that's easier to deal with than the others for warranty issues?I know some dealerships like to do warranty work, but others seem to fight you every step... I'd rather not have to argue for days about whether or not my cladding is discolored because of scratching v. the scratching being normal wear & tear, etc.I'm also hoping to get them to do the new cat (egg smell) and a bigger battery (from other TSB's).Anyway - thx for reading!

Attached files
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Good dealerships around Pittsburgh? (ajf3ajf3)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Welcome fellow Western Pennsylvanian!I go to #1 Cochran out in Monroeville that is where I got my Vibe, I would also recommend Bowser Pontiac on Rt. 51 Near Century III mall.Whatever you do, and I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT go to Hamilton Buick/Pontiac/GMC in Irwin, they are a bunch of >expletive deletedexpletive deletedBy the way, nice Vibe. Love the color.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
ajf3ajf3

Post by ajf3ajf3 »

Thanks - I'm closer to Bowser. Are they cool about doing warranty work, or do they argue about it?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I think Envy looks better in two tone then monotone!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: (ajf3ajf3)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

They never gave the wife crap about her warranty work
ajf3ajf3

Re: (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by ajf3ajf3 »

Cool - I'm going to set up an appt for next week. One of the things I'm asking for is the 03 cladding replacement tsb. - we'll see if that flies or not!
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Cochran took care of me without question.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

I bought my Vibe at #1 Cochran in Monroeville also, and that is where I take it for warranty work. Never been hasseled by them over it either. I've also heard that Bowser is good, and Bill Gray Pontiac on West Liberty Ave is supposed to be good too.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
ajf3ajf3

Post by ajf3ajf3 »

Thanks guys - heard back from Bowser - you can read about it if you'd like here:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=20018At this point I'd say they are fair - they do check for the problem before allowing TSB work, but the seem to approve the work when the problem is verified.I may end up fighting with them about the cladding though...