virginia amsoil dealer

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
rlfreese

virginia amsoil dealer

Post by rlfreese »

I am thinking of being a amsoil dealer in virginia. I live in martinsville, which is a real big racing are. probably can get alot of sales. is there anyone here willing to support my business. I will probably start an online store. I am in the military and can use the extra funds.
2005 Base Vibe W/ moon and tunes , piaa headlight/foglight bulbs, tein s-tech suspension, cosmo CAI, TRD quickshifter, ES motor mount bushings, magnaflow exhaust, RK sport CF roof rack caps, tinted windows, kenwood KDC-X589 HU/w remote Cardomain Page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/797307
goodvibe

Re: virginia amsoil dealer (rlfreese)

Post by goodvibe »

Will you be recommending extended drains on new cars or those with gauze intake filters? How much training or experience does Amsoil require for you to become a dealer and make recommendations to clients.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
rlfreese

Post by rlfreese »

they dont require any. You can get all the info from their website. i am trying to see what kind of market I will have in virginia and surrounding areas. Yes, I will be recomending the longer interval changes. whatever they recomend is what you should recomend.
2005 Base Vibe W/ moon and tunes , piaa headlight/foglight bulbs, tein s-tech suspension, cosmo CAI, TRD quickshifter, ES motor mount bushings, magnaflow exhaust, RK sport CF roof rack caps, tinted windows, kenwood KDC-X589 HU/w remote Cardomain Page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/797307
jake75

Re: (rlfreese)

Post by jake75 »

IMO Amsoil is a religion! Use it and your car will be "saved".
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

no offense dude, but i agree with jake here...AMS is a joke...if i wanted a scripted response to my questions, i would go to their website, not some dealer spouting off their words verbatim.i opted against ams because of the lack of knowledge from the guys who i was gonna buy from. and frankly, i don't buy into the BS either the site or sales reps give me.the new car will continually get mobil...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
goodvibe

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by goodvibe »

Exactly why I asked the question. Great oils but not magical. Amsoil won't warrant a motor in the warranty period if it fails. Oil rarely causes a failure but the dealer won't be responsable either if you don't follow the required maintanence schedule. Most of the oils don't even meet ApI standards. Guess who's left with the bill. They give misleading info about moly, use a load of ZDDP that can kill catalyic converters early and thicken faster than any other oil over time to hurt gas mileage. The new SM standard is about limiting ZDDP to help CATs last and is forcing API rated oils to find other more expensive adds to keep up the protection. That said, Amsoil will protect the motor as well as any oil. But it won't save you money since the motor will out last the car with any oil anyway, you may have to replace the CAT sooner and you'll pay more at the pump. Gauze filtered intakes like the one you own allow more dirt past the rings, into the oil and require shorter OCIs to help limit wear.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
djpositivek

Re: (goodvibe)

Post by djpositivek »

Guys I don't think it's useful to turn this into a debate about which oil is best. He justs wants to know if there would be any interest. If you're not interested, probably better to just say so or not respond.
Abyss 2005 FWD 5 speedDe-badged
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

He wanted to know if anyone would buy the product.We're giving him our opinions on the product, and telling him why we wouldn't buy it. I think our posts are very relevant.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
djpositivek

Post by djpositivek »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »He wanted to know if anyone would buy the product.We're giving him our opinions on the product, and telling him why we wouldn't buy it. I think our posts are very relevant.OK, you're right.
Abyss 2005 FWD 5 speedDe-badged
rlfreese

Post by rlfreese »

thanks dj, I didnt want a rundown on why you dont use it, I frankly dont give a rats (removed) what you use, just wanted to know if anyone would be buying it in the virginia area. Rag you live in NJ what does it have to do with you anyways. I do say, you mouth off alot in almost every one of your posts. too opinonated if you ask me. you need some good military dicipline.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

See how heated this gets. I told you Amsoil is a religion!
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by rlfreese »thanks dj, I didnt want a rundown on why you dont use it, I frankly dont give a rats (removed) what you use, just wanted to know if anyone would be buying it in the virginia area. Rag you live in NJ what does it have to do with you anyways. I do say, you mouth off alot in almost every one of your posts. too opinonated if you ask me. you need some good military dicipline.I don't think he was mouthing off, and I do think his opinion is relevant whether he lives in VA or not...because I'd venture to say that people who live in one state are not so different from people who live in others as to not follow at least some of the same buying patterns. The discussion of whether or not one would use it is directly related to whether or not one would be buying it, regardless of the state you live in.Personally, even if I lived in your area, I'd have to say I would not purchase it either. Something just bothers me about going that long between oil changes. I know I'm not the only person who feels that way.But, even if you get some people interested on the board who are from your area, it will be difficult to build a business or even gauge whether you should open a business based solely on potential customers from one web site. You might want to branch out into other arenas to gauge interest, if you haven't already. Post some fliers around, set up an informational web site, etc. Those would be much better ways of gauging overall interest in your geographic area, if you aren't interested in overall interest among all members of GenVibe.
GenVibe Global Moderator
goodvibe

Re: (Kari)

Post by goodvibe »

It's a good oil but dealers need to know what they're talking about and not just read the Amsoil Bible. With all the different formulations, a dealers recommendation means a lot. You'd get more customers if you could tell Rag why he's mistaken and why he should use Amsoil instead of just dumping on him. Attitude and opportunities go a long way in business. The XL7500 is a fine warranty oil if you keep recommended OCIs (that's why they introduced it). Only grp III and not cheap but VG performance. The others won't maintain warranty.
rlfreese

Post by rlfreese »

hell, I dont use it, I use mobil 1 myself. I have always used mobil and will continue to use mobil in the future. I am just looking to make some extra money. I have alot of people that want amsoil and live near me. It is big in pro racing and ammature racing. those guys swear by the stuff. I didnt mean anything by waht I said about rag just seems as he was mouthig off. I will probably not do this as it is too big of a debate. I will sell the all natural car care products though as I did when I was at ft. belvoir in northern va dc area. Made alot of money on that stuff.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by rlfreese »hell, I dont use it, I use mobil 1 myself. That's a good way to do business... Tell the customer "I don't use the **** myself, but I think you should give it a try!"
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
goodvibe

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by goodvibe »

If they're racers, they're probably using Redline, Torco, Synergyn or RP anyway. Maybe some of these are also available for distribution.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by rlfreese »thanks dj, I didnt want a rundown on why you dont use it, I frankly dont give a rats (removed) what you use, just wanted to know if anyone would be buying it in the virginia area. Rag you live in NJ what does it have to do with you anyways. I do say, you mouth off alot in almost every one of your posts. too opinonated if you ask me. you need some good military dicipline.What level of dante's inferno are you living in?If I "mouth off" in my posts - as you put it - then perhaps you need to see someone for treatment of what appears to be an inferiority complex. If I was as much of an (removed) as you try to make me out to be, I'm sure I would've been banned long ago. I think I do a damn good job contributing to the community, with useful information and informed opinions, not the BS you seem to think I'm spouting off.You asked if people would support your business - a business you said you would be taking ONLINE - hence the lack of relevance of my geographical location. We're giving you reasons NOT to waste your time with something that we feel is not worth your time effort or for god sakes money.Sorry for trying to save your (removed) from what the majority clearly feels is a joke and waste of an investment.It's your money, do whatever the hell you want with it.And don't tell me what kind of "discipline" I need, you don't know crap about me. I probably exercise more "discipline" then most people you know.Don't ask the community for feedback if you aren't going to take it.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Yup, I agree, it's kinda pointless to point out he's in NJ if you're going to be selling online anyway. Unless you're going to be doing installs and shop work, there's really no point if they already have some sort of online store.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »You asked if people would support your business - a business you said you would be taking ONLINE - hence the lack of relevance of my geographical location.Maybe he was trying to start an online business where shipping is taboo... Yes, you can buy the product online but it can not be shipped, so one must come to Virginia to pick up what they have purchased. I mean after all, you won't have to go pick the oil up but once every 3.2 million miles or whatever the Amsoil crowd says to run their crap between changes.

Image Image
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Umm - ok, let's try to keep some of the hostility down. Thanks.
nismo

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by nismo »

Once said before. He's not asking for anyone's opinions on any other oil. If you have other views about this oil, keep them to yourself. This was just to ask if anyone was interested in buying it. If you don't want to buy it, then okay, say, no, that's alright or something of that nature. Not go and nark on what he's trying to sell because you don't prefer or like the product. Seriously, there was no need for all this BS. A simple yes/no answer would have been sufficient. And thanks Nick for attempting to calm everyone down. And you know what. I will say it right now, I run Amsoil in my Sentra, have been for almost 6 months and all I can say is that it is a very good motor oil and I would recommend it.
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Read the progreession of the thread. Most of what was posted (most, not all) was very relevant to what he wanted to know. He wanted to know if people would support his ONLINE business. We're telling him why we think it might not be a good idea.Once again, the good get punished for trying to keep a fellow member from getting hosed in a poor business venture.

2009 PONTIAC G8
nismo

Post by nismo »

It's unfortunate, isn't it?
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Read the progreession of the thread. Most of what was posted (most, not all) was very relevant to what he wanted to know. He wanted to know if people would support his ONLINE business. We're telling him why we think it might not be a good idea.Exactly. IMHO, it's much better to say, "No," and give a reason for why you feel that way than it is to just say, "No," and nothing more. Much more helpful that way...because you don't know if someone is saying (and this is purely hypothetical for the sake of example), "No, it's too expensive," or "No, it's a cheaply made product," or "No, my friend Joe bought one and he hated it." If all they get to say is no, then it basically becomes the equivalent of "No, I don't like it," without any of the why, when the "why" is the most important part. Just a thought.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by rlfreese »I am thinking of being a amsoil dealer in virginia. I live in martinsville, which is a real big racing are. probably can get alot of sales. is there anyone here willing to support my business. I will probably start an online store. I am in the military and can use the extra funds.I don't have any informed opinion on amsoil. I bought some amsoil wheel bearing grease once, but only because it was what the store sold, not out of any amsoil preference. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy amsoilBefore you commit,see if there are any other amsoil dealers in the area. Hard to know what the market would be but if there are already competing amsoil dealers around it would be harder.d m kolb used to be an active member here, he is or was an amsoil retailer, you might be able to get better info from him about web retailing amsoil. I do not think he got a lot of business from genvibers though.
Kari

Re: virginia amsoil dealer (joatmon)

Post by Kari »

I think d_m_kolb was in the military and got deployed over a year ago...haven't seen him around since Hope he's alright.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Re: virginia amsoil dealer (Kari)

Post by joatmon »

His profile says he is in the Coast Guard.Derek, the oil guy. I still get a kick out of that
ColonelPanic

Re: virginia amsoil dealer (joatmon)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Oil Derek. Heh. He used to be Admin II or something like that too, IIRC? It was d_m_kolb prior to the Admin II days or whatever.He was here peddling Amsoil about the same time something here ticked me off so I left for a while. When I came back a few months later, I noticed he was gone. I wonder what happened to that guy? Looks like on his site now, he is in Washington, whereas he wasn't too far from my area previously...

Image Image
jake75

Post by jake75 »

O.K. Dear rlfreese: No I would not be buying any Amsoil Oil from you (or anyone else). I have many reasons for this but that is not relevant to you inquiry. However, the U.S. Constitution guarantees you freedom of religion and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. If Amsoil doesn't work out you might want to look at Amway but that's really none of my business or concern. God bless!
rlfreese

Post by rlfreese »

ummm, thanks for the posts. delete this thread, just did some research and found that they dont even back their own oil. The guy at the air show was trying to sucker me in, that is why i posted this. You guys know more about it that use it than I do. Ragingfish: sorry to push your rods man, didn't mean anything by it. Just seems that you where blowing up at me and all I wanted to know is if anyone likes the idea or not. I dont use amsoil and if i sold it I would use it. i use mobil and have always used mobil. Like I said, I am just going to stick to what I got. As far as dicipline, I dont believe that many people know people with more dicipline than the fellow soldiers I work with. I cannot give out my position but just know that we sit still for weeks at a time munching on one MRE for days, that takes alot of dicipline. so I appologize to you for the heatedness of this thread and it can now be closed.
binary

Post by binary »

In my limited experience with other automotive based forums - Amsoil dealers were drawn to the forums like a three card monte dealer to a subway entrance.If the forums were not policed by admins, or didn't have a lot of "ussuals" on to keep them at bay- they would nail every user with a schpiel about Amsoil. Then again - you have GenVibe - where they take opinions to a whole 'nuther level. Seriously though, if you're just in it for the money - you won't sell much and it'll be a waste of your time and effort. Find something you can put your heart into - and the money will follow. Amsoil is just another woopi-dee doo product that has a new spin on selling it.