Feeler for Western PA meet

Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia
ragingfish

Feeler for Western PA meet

Post by ragingfish »

Ok, ColonelPanic and myself have decided we want to set up a mid- to western-PA meet in order to do some repairs...would be a weekend event, we could do installs, repairs, and upgrades. I was thinking Washington, PA, since I've been there before, and it's about the halfway mark for CP and myself.Would anyone else be interested in joining up with us for a mini meet? I'm thinking April maybe?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Feeler for Western PA meet (ragingfish)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Would anyone else be interested in joining up with us for a mini meet? I'm thinking April maybe?I'm in. For once, a meet that will take me less than 2 hours to get to. Let us know the details when you get them.
Kari

Re: Feeler for Western PA meet (NSimkins)

Post by Kari »

7 hours for me, and it involves West Virginia...again. *is not really fond of I-77 going through the mountains*Whether or not I can even consider going will also depend on the specific date...but I'd love to.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Feeler for Western PA meet (ragingfish)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

HOLA!! Yep, I'm back, been busy getting the new Poopy residence finished. Moving in today!!! . YIPEE! I had to get the house the way I wanted it. ANYWHO! I can check out a few places and let you know. if worse comes to worse, we can always move it to North Huntingdon (where I live) it's only 1 hour (max) east of Washington PA. I can find a bunch of places we can meet there, tons of parks and stuff. I am most definately up for it. Let me know if you are dead set on Washington, I can check it out. Let me know!!
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
ragingfish

Re: Feeler for Western PA meet (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by ragingfish »

East is better for me!!! But...we'll go where the best locations are...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Very cool, Poopy! See what you can dig up out there for places to meet where people won't be upset to see a dismantled Vibe. Looking forward to this meet!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Feeler for Western PA meet (ColonelPanic)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

There is a really nice park, it's only about 5 mins. MAX from my house. It is a really nice park. I know the parks director so I will let him know about it if we want to go there. There is a very large parking lot at the top of the park and a few other large parking and grass areas all through it. Also a few pavilions, so if we want to have a nice cookout afterwards, that would be cool. If you don't mind a slight move east, I would highly recommend Oak Hollow Park.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Sounds good to me, how about the rest of you?

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

North Huntingdon seems easy enough to get to, and I found decent hotel deals there already...How does this work for everyone else?And how does the weekend of April 30 strike you?EDIT:Hey poopy...I found a "Huntingdon"PA and assumed north huntingdon was in the same area...but I am starting to sense it's not anywhere near you...can you confirm? "North Huntington" doesn't show up on my maps...

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

NO, Huntingdon is a different area, as is East Huntingdon and South Huntingdon. I am North Huntingdon, also known (kinda) as Irwin. Area code 15642. There are a few hotels around, there is a Holiday Inn right at the Turnpike exit in Irwin. It's nice. Let me know.Weekend of April 30th works for me.Edit> North Huntindon is right off the PA Turnpike. Very easy to get to.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »How does this work for everyone else?And how does the weekend of April 30 strike you?Works for me.
ragingfish

Re: (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by ragingfish »

Ok, MP, can you give me the "poopy scoop" on this hotel:Quality Inn110 North Main and Byers AveNew Stanton, PA, USIt has nice amenities (high speed, pool), but I was soured on QI's by the one in Youngstown, OH (no offense Nick). How does it look outside? Dumpy? Ever been in the lobby? Look half decent?If you're not able to recommend it with honors, how far would this be:Comfort Inn1129 E Pittsburgh StGreensburg, PA 15601 Maps put it at about 17 minutes...is that true-to-life?The reason I'm pushing the Choice brands is because I get a 20% dicount on all rooms (go go Student Advantage!!!), and past experiences with the brand have been favorable.Also, I know I speak for at least myself when I say that I (and I know others) are spoiled...we like high-speed internet at our hotels -- and pools are a plus...and the holiday inn doesn't have the internet. Blah!!!So, can you give me some feedback?

2009 PONTIAC G8
vibe_raider

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by vibe_raider »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »Works for me.Yea, me too. I have that weekend off *yay* except i don't like driving to these things by my lonesome. Is Dayton, Ohio along the way for anyone?
My other ride is a ...
fjf511

Post by fjf511 »

Works for me
04 ABYSS AWDM & TPOWER PACKAGEWINDOW TINT
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Ok, seems to be a good date, so let's officalize it (YES, I just used the word offcialize )DATE: Saturday, April 30, 2005LOCATION: TBD by PoopypantsTIME: TBD

2009 PONTIAC G8
fjf511

Post by fjf511 »

Good I should be able to get the road salt off by then
04 ABYSS AWDM & TPOWER PACKAGEWINDOW TINT
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Well, the one in New Stanton, I've never been there, It is 1 turnpike exit away from N. Huntingdon. I would put it at about 20 mins away. The Comfort Inn (if it's the one I'm thinking about) is relatively new and looks pretty nice. It is also about 20 minutes out of N. Huntingdon down Rt. 30. The comfort in is about 1.5 miles from Westmoreland Mall, there are a few decent restaurants there.
Kari

Post by Kari »

If I remember correctly, the Comfort Inn had wireless too, which makes it even better.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I think we're gonna have to go with the comfort inn on this one...I'll drive 5 more minutes for a nice room and wireless internet!

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I will look around at a few different parks to see which would be the best. There is also a decent car show/cruise around here on Saturday evenings. I don't know when they start it back up, but I know a few people taking classic cars to that show. Maybe an extracurricular activity for after the meet??
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Ok folks, I booked at:Comfort Inn1129 East Pittsburgh St.Greensburg, PA, US, 15601Phone: (724) 832-2600Fax: (724) 834-3442Got a great rate with student advantage (low 60's) so use it if you got it! If not, most rates are in low to mid 70's...

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Ok guys, update.I can get other people the student advantage discount. I have to make the reservation under my name, and hold it with my credit card.Now, the guy on the phone said the reservation just has to be in my name, not the final credit card used for payment. So THEORETICALLY, if he's not an idiot (he sure sounded like one), I can make the reservation and when you guys check in just hand over your card (or cash or whatnot). BUT, if for some reason we show up and they say I have to pay for it, I have no problem, but of course, would need those involved to pony up checks to cover their bill. THat being said, I can get up to nine rooms at this rate. Two beds per room. If you want a discounted rate, let me know, but I need a FIRM answer that you will be going! I am not willing to risk getting stuck with reservations and have to pay for them.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

OK, I got in touch with my contact @ the parks committee. He is getting back to me with any info. There will be a small fee for pavilion rental at the park ($50-75) I will cover this. I will let everyone know when I hear back (hopefully soon).
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Is there a way to get a head count for this? Let me know if you will be attending.So farMr. Poopypants (me, duh)RagingFishColonelPanicNSimkinsVibe_Raiderfjf511Kari
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I have no problem contributing to pavilion rental poopster!!!

2009 PONTIAC G8
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I have no problem contributing to pavilion rental poopster!!!Ditto.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Either way, I'm not really picky about it.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I know there has been some interest expressed by other members other than the ones I have on the list. Anyone else want to confirm???
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Sorry folks, I'm now just a "maybe" for this one as well.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

By the way, Oak Hollow Park is available for that day. Let me know if this meet is still gonna happen. It seems as though interest has died down a bit.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I dunno, I think interest is gonna take a serious hit if Mike can't go, unfortunately.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Jeez people, it's just ME! I'm not the pope or anything

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Good thing you aren't, he's a mess right now. But you would be the proud owner of the pope-mobile. I often wondered what it would be like to wave to people from the inside of a bubble gum machine..........
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

I'm still in! We can't let this fall through the cracks.. for once, a meet that is semi-close to me!
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »I'm still in! We can't let this fall through the cracks.. for once, a meet that is semi-close to me! Problems!!!! I may not be able to attend. I know, I'm a turd. A guy that I golf with is having a benefit outing for his niece, she has leukemia and I promised him I would help out with it, he has been a family friend for about 35 years. And, of course, it is on the 30th. Accept my apologies, I'm going to go and sit facing the corner of the GenVibe room and think abou what I've done.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Poopy, no need to go into the corner... It's cool, you've got a good reason to not show. Sucks to not get to hang out with ya again, but that sounds more important than hanging out with a few Vibers and watching the Colonel's dash get ripped apart. lol!Don't sweat it man, you've done the right thing - and there will be other meets.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

hey yall. im out in va so i can't comfirm 100% but im going to try. ill probably drive up and drive back the same day. im gonna try to bring a friend(i have bee trying to talk him into getting a vibe or even a matrix) so im hoping i can make it. its a long drive and alot of gas. ill need directions or atleast a address for where we are meeting and a time
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

First post on this page.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

is that where we are meeting??? i thought we were going to some park
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
ragingfish

Re: (Raivis)

Post by ragingfish »

Meet spot is TBD. That's the hotel we've picked.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well, since the number of people who would definitely be able to make it seems to have dwindled... Nick, CP, and I were discussing last night the possibility of maybe moving the date for this meet back some so everybody can come. I know summer is pretty well booked with other rallies, though, and I don't know if people prefer summer or fall. Maybe we could have something in mid-October? Or does anyone else have any date suggestions that might work a little better?
GenVibe Global Moderator
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

well im trying for a meet in williamsburg va in late oct early nov so i don't know if mid oct will work
Kari

Re: (Raivis)

Post by Kari »

IMHO, if people chose that particular date, there's really no reason why we couldn't have them both.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I'm on board for rescheduling, since financially I will NOT be ready for one in 3 weeks...

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

EXCELLENT!! Now we just have to pick a date that won't really interfere with any other meets.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I'm on board for rescheduling, since financially I will NOT be ready for one in 3 weeks...I didn't figure you would be...that's why we thought it would probably be better to reschedule so we know everybody can come. So what's a good alternative time for everybody?
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

We can try for May...or July...the fate of the Jersey meet is grim...

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

July would be my choice, if Jersey Shore doesn't happen...May's gonna be pretty busy for me with graduation, and I'll be in NYC for 9 days toward the end of it...so uh...yeah.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I have cancelled the hotel reservations under my name so I don't get billed. I think it's safe to say this is off until further notice...

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I have cancelled the hotel reservations under my name so I don't get billed. I think it's safe to say this is off until further notice...Good idea...yes I think that's a safe assumption. Rescheduling seems to be the best bet for everybody involved...
GenVibe Global Moderator