vibeowner website moved

Links to other useful Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix (and related) websites.
vibe owner

vibeowner website moved

Post by vibe owner »

http://vibeowner.home.comcast.net is the new home. Comcast bought AT&T's cable business, so all attbi.com addresses have moved to comcast.net.
joatmon

Re: vibeowner website moved (vibe owner)

Post by joatmon »

vibe owner thanks for the info on your webpage. Yesterday I did your "no auto-AC on defrost" mod, took a token amount of time, and your pic of the wire to be unpluged was key.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

I like the site pretty informative. I'll try the A/C plug this weekend.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Very nice!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

HEY vibe owener. do you think it would be possible to put in a switch on the console someplace for the AC plug? instead of tearing apart the dash everytime you want to plug in the ac control?This way here if you run in to a rain storm with a few people in the car the condensation that forms on the window can be cured with just a flick of a switch?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joatmon

Re: vibeowner website moved (keithvibe)

Post by joatmon »

If you unplug that one connector, you can still turn the AC on anytime by pressing the AC button
keithvibe

Re: vibeowner website moved (joatmon)

Post by keithvibe »

ty. ragingfish mentioned the samething.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Re: vibeowner website moved

Post by ColonelPanic »

Killing the compressor during defrost rocks. I didn't disable it in the Vibe because I didn't feel like unplugging stuff... The new car does the same, A/C on but no light and can't be turned off. But I found a quick 5-sec trick thanks to the marvels of electronic A/C controls to make it turn on the compressor and A/C light when switching to the defrost positions, and then hitting A/C again turns off the compressor.. Woo hoo! This saves a LOT of fuel... There are still many times where you'll need the compressor, especially when it's humid. But sometimes not running the defrost but still blowing air up there is good enough to keep the windows from fogging, and they don't get fogged as easily as a result from using the defrost. (like when at night when the air hitting the glass is too cold from the A/C running and the glass fogs.)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Mike,I just checked out your site.. nice man! I really think that the A/C Defrost mod is a must... I don't think any car should auto A/C unless you ask it to. (I guess if I had an S600 (Mercedes) I wouldn't care so much, but I don't have the $120k + for one so I do worry about the small things!
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage