Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track?

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Faultline

Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track?

Post by Faultline »

I was wondering if anybody has gotten a 2.2 60ft time at the track in their Vibe, because if you have, then I would like to know what kind of tires you have. I raced a wrx at the track, and his 60ft was 1.9. It was awsome! AWD goes a long way at the drags. The funny thing is, is that the wrx mph was 95mph, and so was mine, but his time was a 14.0...a whole second faster than me on that run. I probably will get Drag Radial, but, whoul like to get something a little mor streetable..hmmm.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Devlop

Re: Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track? (Faultline)

Post by Devlop »

I just bought a couple of Falken Azenis Sports for my oem wheels. They're a road race tire, but I still plan on using them for the drag. I'll just lower the pressure alot and see what happens. My best 60' was a 2.3, so I hope this will help.
Raven

Re: Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track? (Devlop)

Post by Raven »

Those are nice tires, as close to a race tire as you will get for the street. They don't last long though.
Faultline

Re: Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track? (Devlop)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Devlop »I just bought a couple of Falken Azenis Sports for my oem wheels. They're a road race tire, but I still plan on using them for the drag. I'll just lower the pressure alot and see what happens. My best 60' was a 2.3, so I hope this will help.Forgive me for being retarded, but did you get the 2.3 with the Azenis or are you hoping to do better with them..what happened? what tires did you do the 2.3 with?...oh yeah, Devlop, what psi do you hit in each gear??I dont hit full boost till 3rd gear at any setting. For example if it is at eight psi , then 1st 2nd and 3rd gear will be like 5, 7, and 8 . some thing like that.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Devlop

Re: Has anybody gotten a 2.2 second 60 ft time, or lower at the track? (Faultline)

Post by Devlop »

I got the 2.3 with my Nitto 555s. I'm hoping the Azenis will give me better traction. I just ran autox with them yesterday and they handled really well. Between those, and the rest of my suspension setup, I can actually get my backend to break free and swing out a bit on hard turns.As for my boost, I hit max boost in every gear. It just sucks with first gear cuz even if I am gentle off the line and then put the foot down, by the time I hit about 4500 rpm, the tires start spinning. Oh, I wish I had a lsd.