Went racing to the track last night.

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
wicked1981

Went racing to the track last night.

Post by wicked1981 »

Well to make it short. Im disapointed I had 4 or 5 runs all in the mid to high 18's!! That sucks need a GT or a new car ... But i had all the extra weight. Did not remove any seats left my big a** speaker box I even had a passenger in 1 run. I did it for fun because I know I had no chance to compete against those other cars. My brothers boss took his Dodge SRT-10 and he was running 13's easy. Hes had his truck for a week and didnt know what it can really do. On his 1st run he punched the gas on green and his back end started to loose control as the tires spun he was fishtailing and close pretty close to slamming to the wall. So after that run he would run it a little on green and then punch it so his back end wouldnt loose it again. I think once he knows how to take off without fishtailing he could easily hit 12's. My brothers Grand Prix GT did low 17's (no mods). I did almost beat this old camaro that ran 18's also.... all and all it was all for fun.. Ill get some of my slips and post the hirrible times I got.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (wicked1981)

Post by wicked1981 »

Ok here are some of the times for those of you that need more than just 18's Reaction: .550I1: 2.590I2: (blank dont know why)I3: 11.578I4: 15.050E.T: 18.192MPH: 74.039Reaction: 1.078I1: 2.900I2: (blank again must be right lane cause left lane has it)I3: 12.247I4: 15.711E.T: 18.826MPH: 74.046Reaction: .487 (foul. jumped the gun)I1: 2.899I2: (blank again)I3: 12.201 @ 59.121mph (this is the only slip that has the mph here)I4: 15.644E.T. 18.751MPH 74.242Yeah I think this is slow but hey maybe if or when I get a turbo I can get it down a little. Either that or like I said on previous post get another car... I had 2 more runs but the slips are in my Bro's car he was comparing them since I raced him. Yeah I lost..
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
goodvibe

Post by goodvibe »

I though that you would hit 17 with those bolt ons. Doesn't look like you'll get there even with that woofer out. Did you brake torque the start?
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (goodvibe)

Post by wicked1981 »

Well actually I could probably get to 17's. If you look at my response times some were over 1 second that means I sat on the line after the green for that long. So if I get the response times down I guess that would get me to 17's. I had another run but cant find the slip I sat on the line for 1.9seconds. I have an auto so the launch sux!
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

my guess is that the excel wheels are also pretty heavy...keep working at it.and the auto, ya, that's a hard one to tackle...
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (savedbyzero)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by savedbyzero »my guess is that the excel wheels are also pretty heavy...keep working at it.and the auto, ya, that's a hard one to tackle...Well my original plan was to take the speaker box out, take the back seat off, put the stock tires on but then I figured if I race someone on the street I will have the 17's the speaker box and the seats so might as well see what fully loaded I can get. No point in getting 16's when on the street I get my (removed) handed doing 18's.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Wicked, I commend you on your honesty. I love that people try to pass off high 14's or low 15's with no slips. But you came on here and layed it out like it was. Even without the actual slips, I believe you.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Wicked, I commend you on your honesty. I love that people try to pass off high 14's or low 15's with no slips. But you came on here and layed it out like it was. Even without the actual slips, I believe you. Thanks. I tried to scan them but the ink is too light I think I will go to a printer and print it as dark as possible so I can scan them then Ill post them.
goodvibe

Post by goodvibe »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »Well actually I could probably get to 17's. If you look at my response times some were over 1 second that means I sat on the line after the green for that long. So if I get the response times down I guess that would get me to 17's. I had another run but cant find the slip I sat on the line for 1.9seconds. I have an auto so the launch sux!I believe your ET doesn't reflect responce time. Just roll time but I'm sure you could get there with a little more stress on the tranny at launch.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

wicked!..where did you race at?? was it LACR??..if it was, then know that it is known as a slow track!...It is 3k elevation....is rumored to be slightly up hill, (but I dont know about that one)and the there is a lot of desert dust and head wind which does not help with traction, or speed...Btw, if you go again, let me know(if that is where you went)because I live a couple of miles from there.!..I would be happy to meet up there..ALSO!!! reaction time does not effect your end time...You can sit there for 2 seconds if you like, and still get a great time..You will probably lose, but your time does not start until you break the plane at the starting line.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (Faultline)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Faultline »wicked!..where did you race at?? was it LACR??..if it was, then know that it is known as a slow track!...It is 3k elevation....is rumored to be slightly up hill, (but I dont know about that one)and the there is a lot of desert dust and head wind which does not help with traction, or speed...Btw, if you go again, let me know(if that is where you went)because I live a couple of miles from there.!..I would be happy to meet up there..ALSO!!! reaction time does not effect your end time...You can sit there for 2 seconds if you like, and still get a great time..You will probably lose, but your time does not start until you break the plane at the starting line. Hey Faultline thats the track that I went to Im not as close to it as you I drove I think it was 2 1/2---3 hours to get there but me and my brother are planning on going over there again. Ill let you know when we go maybe you can race my friends Dodge SRT-10 . We should be going up there in a couple of weeks.
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »Hey Faultline thats the track that I went to Im not as close to it as you I drove I think it was 2 1/2---3 hours to get there but me and my brother are planning on going over there again. Ill let you know when we go maybe you can race my friends Dodge SRT-10 . We should be going up there in a couple of weeks.Let me know! hopefully I will have my new clutch in by then...I was going to go tonight on wednesday, I have a friend who is trying to get into the 13's with his wrx. I refuse to race again until I get a new clutch , mine is slipping. ..anyway, that srt 10 would own even my turboed vibe if he is getting 13's at LACR BTW..I always go to the beach at Port hueneme...I make it there in less than 2 hrrs!!..what fwy are you taking?????????
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
wicked1981

Re: Went racing to the track last night. (Faultline)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Faultline »Let me know! hopefully I will have my new clutch in by then...I was going to go tonight on wednesday, I have a friend who is trying to get into the 13's with his wrx. I refuse to race again until I get a new clutch , mine is slipping. ..anyway, that srt 10 would own even my turboed vibe if he is getting 13's at LACR BTW..I always go to the beach at Port hueneme...I make it there in less than 2 hrrs!!..what fwy are you taking????????? I take the 126 to the 5 to the 14. Im surprised I havent seen you around here I live 2 streets from the Naval base 5 minutes from the beach. I have seen 3 other vibes here but not a turboed one.