Vibe in 14's

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
dmitri

Vibe in 14's

Post by dmitri »

Ran a 14.986 at Englishtown over the weekend. I lost my slip somewhere in my car along with all my other garbage but my reaction time was a .501 which is close to perfect I emptied out my spare and all the stuff in the back and had the gas light on and put in 2 gallons of race fuel. I also had my goodyear traction t/a's in front. I launched around 4800 and gunned it, my tires really gripped i got lucky and hit lift fast. My 1-2 shift i spun the tires just enough to stay in lift.first vibe on our board in the 14s?
cohocarl

Re: Vibe in 14's (dmitri)

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by dmitri »first vibe on our board in the 14s?Definately the first I've read. Again, congrats on the 14's. That's better than I thought a GT could go w/o major mods.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
Fialchar

Re: Vibe in 14's (cohocarl)

Post by Fialchar »

Good job bro. Maybe we should have a GVC competition to see who can hold the best quarter mile times? ^^
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (Fialchar)

Post by savedbyzero »

Now go find the slip! That's one I would not lose....
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
drummerdude

Post by drummerdude »

Quote, originally posted by dmitri »Ran a 14.986 at Englishtown over the weekend. I lost my slip somewhere in my car along with all my other garbage but my reaction time was a .501 which is close to perfect I emptied out my spare and all the stuff in the back and had the gas light on and put in 2 gallons of race fuel. I also had my goodyear traction t/a's in front. I launched around 4800 and gunned it, my tires really gripped i got lucky and hit lift fast. My 1-2 shift i spun the tires just enough to stay in lift.first vibe on our board in the 14s?What was your MPH? should be like 90-94
2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT which is for sale if anyone is interested...
ALi3N

Re: Vibe in 14's (drummerdude)

Post by ALi3N »

i went to the track last weekend and bone stock on a full tank i got a 16.2 at 89.9mph. Car weighed in at 2900lbs.
ALi3N aka Dj ViP3RThere is a force through the euphoric beat causing uncontrolablemovement of your body, I am that force. Take a journey beyond the limits of your mind.'Download Mixes:http://shlrm.org/DjViP3R/http://www.myspace.com/djvip3r Latest Mixes: 'Nightlife' & 'M0Ti0N -X-'Pimpin' Abyss Vibe GT w/ Nav
mistamatrix

Post by mistamatrix »

What are you mods, dimitri?
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (mistamatrix)

Post by savedbyzero »

found the slip, yet? i feel a bs flag slowing starting to rise! J/K!Go strip that car down, dang it!
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (savedbyzero)

Post by savedbyzero »

it's at half mast!!! Sorry, I won't believe it until I see it. The fastest time I've seen posted for a Vibe/Matrix was by eXo. He's got the car completely loaded with mods/light-weight components including Unichip, pushing 185HP at the wheels, and he ran 15.2 WITH A TIMESLIP!I believe there was also a matrix in Puerto Rico that ran high 14's, but that was absolute OPTIMAL conditions with 15" lightwieght wheels with drag radials and a host of other mods...Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a Vibe/Matrix in the 14's consistently. But I gotta see proof first...
drummerdude

Post by drummerdude »

Ditto
2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT which is for sale if anyone is interested...
MATR6

Re: Vibe in 14's

Post by MATR6 »

That's a really good time if your Vibe is stock w/ 17s.I ran a 15.141 @ 95.40mph with AEM CAI, Unichip, TRD Quick Shifter, OEM 16s with the tires at 27 psi, and the rear seats/interior removed.It was less than 50 deg F out. ~50% humidity.Elevation can't be that much above see level.Here's the time slips:
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (MATR6)

Post by savedbyzero »

Ah! So your time slip didn't fly out the window or get lost in the interior! Very good times and good support to back them! And that's with Unichip...hhmmm...something's getting more and more fishy about 14's.
MATR6

Post by MATR6 »

Yeah, I thought I had a pretty good time, and I've spent almost $1000 to get there, so I'd be wasting my $ if a stock Vibe/Matrix can break 15s.Yes, it takes a good driver to get good times, but the magazines had stock times around 15.5.BTW, this is what my rear looks like w/o the seats and compartments.
savedbyzero

Re: (MATR6)

Post by savedbyzero »

Heck, next time take the whole rear hatch off! That took some time!
MailGuy!

Post by MailGuy! »

Any sign of that slip yet?
Psychobroker

Re: Vibe in 14's (MailGuy!)

Post by Psychobroker »

Nope. Can someone just call the track and ask them? EDIT: Just called them, they don't save times either. blech. http://www.etownraceway.com/
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (Psychobroker)

Post by savedbyzero »

good attempt to put me in my place...unbelievable...the time you have on your hands.That being said.....Honestly, who the freak cares at this point!Grudges are dumb, pointing fingers is dumb, this thread is dumb.if he ran it, great. if he didn't, keep trying. enough is enough.
MailGuy!

Post by MailGuy! »

Did I miss something?Honestly, I care.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Vibe in 14's (MailGuy!)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

if you guys can't play nice...maybe he did, maybe he didn't, it's no reason to get y'alls panties in a bunch!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
savedbyzero

Re: Vibe in 14's (drunkenvibe)

Post by savedbyzero »

i don't wear panties...this is gonna hurt!a member or two said i was talkin' $hit on matrixowners about this topic, which i did not...only stated what i read and the conclusion I drew....it then turned out like a little kiddy thing, and appeared to be a "i'll prove you wrong thing"pointless......and done
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by savedbyzero »good attempt to put me in my place...unbelievable...the time you have on your hands.That being said.....Honestly, who the freak cares at this point!Grudges are dumb, pointing fingers is dumb, this thread is dumb.if he ran it, great. if he didn't, keep trying. enough is enough.You should have felt this way before cross-posting to MO.com the way you did. I wasn't trying to put anyone in their place...I was trying to find out the facts, regardless of which way it went, hence the simple phone call. Too bad really, because I AM curious, but not bent out of shape even if he is lying. I only took a concern because of the way you jumped on him. Had you not cross-posted, I wouldn't have even commented on this topic.
dmitri

Re: Vibe in 14's (Psychobroker)

Post by dmitri »

sorry ive been afk for a while so havnt had time to reply. my mods are as follows: Injen CAIThrottle body port and polish and port match to intake manifoldCustom Full exhaustPolyurethane Motor Mount InsertsBrass Shifter BushingsBF Goodrich Traction T/A's on celica 15'sRear seat removed, Spare and tools removed, and filled from empty to 1/4 with race gas.Enough? I have the time slip but don't have a digital camera and have to wait until my friend who does can come and take a picture for me.
dmitri

Post by dmitri »

BTW i have mille miglia 16's not 17's.oh yes, and i will also take pics of my drag radials on celica 15's when i get a camera as well. i cant stand people that hate. If you think your car is faster then mine then put some $$$ down. I street race every weekend and will race anyone on this board. And, i did find my slip in my glove compartment amongst all my garbage so please stop the trash talk.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

glad you found your time slip! now we can put the non believers to shame! and show them the vibe can do the 14's!!!! just think how you'd do if you had a chip too!!! or a turbo!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
MATR6

Re: Vibe in 14's

Post by MATR6 »

I don't think we're hating...We just want proof, esp if you claim an 'incredible' 1/4 time.It is incredible b/c only less than a handful of Matrix/Vibes have hit 14s.You can also scan the time slip too. Not sure if a digital camera will take good pics of a piece of paper w/ writing.
dmitri

Re: Vibe in 14's (MATR6)

Post by dmitri »

i dont have a scanner. A few matrix's have gotten into 14's with less mods then me. Its all in the driver...I dont see why its so hard for some people to believe. I practice all the time, almost every weeekend. come race with me, i race on the streets in new jersey and go up to new york sunday and wed nights to nanuet/spring valley.
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

No hating...just want to see proof. Like I said, great if you did. Takes a lot of work. Never called you a liar, never said anything negative about your car, only said that I thought you had heavy @ss 17's which was a misunderstanding on my part. By all means, prove me wrong! An N/A vibe in the 14's is great.
Fialchar

Post by Fialchar »

You recieved nothin but congrats from my post. Whether or not it happened doesn't matter enough for me to get mad or start hating, I mean, it's a freakin post on the internet with someone you've never met before. If its enough to get people riled up, I think they probably spend too much time on their computers, and not enough time interacting with other people. Love, peace, and chicken grease.
Psychobroker

Re: Vibe in 14's (Fialchar)

Post by Psychobroker »

Exactly