Went to the track today

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
dmitri

Went to the track today

Post by dmitri »

well, im kinda dissapointed, but its not that bad. My mods are Intake, exhaust, port and polish, polyurethane motor mounts, and brass shifter bushings. R/T - .42660' - 2.598330 - 6.9231/8 - 10.339MPH - 72.101000 - 13.2431/4 - 15.628MPH - 92.50I spun first but overall wasnt a bad launch, and i spun second pretty hard too. With a trap speed like that, i think i can get into the 14.9's if i launch better and have little gas.
savedbyzero

Re: Went to the track today (dmitri)

Post by savedbyzero »

Not bad. I think 14.9's would be pushing it. But 15.2-15.3 would be reachable and respectable!Did you remove all wieght possible? Spare tire, limited amount of gas, rear seat. What wheels/tires were you running on? Find some stock Celica 15's at a junkyard and throw them on with some Nitto drag radials.What RPM did you launch at? The trap speed is pretty good, though! Practice, practice, practice! Not bad at all, though!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
Roadpig

Re: Went to the track today (savedbyzero)

Post by Roadpig »

Hey dmitri, love your Vibe...it's the same one I got. Where did you get your rims? They look cool.
2004 Vibe GT, Neptune Two ToneGraphite Interior, Moon & TunesPower Package, 17" Rims, Exhaust Tip Mods Tinted (50% front window, 35% back & rear)Cosmo Alpha Omega 3 Child Seat & Booster SeatCustom Cargo Mat, DebadgedMagnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Injen CAI
dmitri

Re: Went to the track today (Roadpig)

Post by dmitri »

their mille miglia evo 5's.nope didnt remove any weight, i even had my backpack in back cause i just came from detention at school and all my friends were there so i hauled (removed) to get down to englishtown lol. I also had 3/4 of a tank of gas. And i used the stock continentals but have goodyear traction T/A's in the back but didnt know i was going racing until late so i didnt put them in front.