AWD Owners!!!!!

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
LocDog

AWD Owners!!!!!

Post by LocDog »

Hey dont mean to alert you too much, but i was just wondering how the AWD handles and accelelrates as opposed to the base vibe.Is it responsive?
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
tumbleweed

Re: AWD Owners!!!!! (LocDog)

Post by tumbleweed »

My wifes AWD handles quite well and is quite responsive when you put the petal to the metal. I would have to drive a 2wd version more or less side by side to really see if there was a noticeable difference between the two. Consumer Reports did compare a awd Matrix with a 2wd Vibe and they made minor distictions between the two. I think it was the Aug. 2002 issue
Flip-Side

Re: AWD Owners!!!!! (tumbleweed)

Post by Flip-Side »

The AWD model is said to be 300 lb. heavier and has 123hp as opposed to the base's 130 rated engine. Why it is "detuned", I dont know, but Toyota says the AWD does 0-60 in 11.5 sec.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
BlockDaddy21

Re: AWD Owners!!!!! (baddkkarma)

Post by BlockDaddy21 »

According to all the literature I've read, the AWD has fewer HP because of the way the exhaust is routed. It has to go around the rear differential in such a way that it prevents the exhaust from escaping as efficiently. My two cents.
Nick BlockWeb Developer, IT Technical SupportTacony CorporationFenton, MO2003 Pontiac Vibe GT, 17" rims, Potenza RE730's, Abyss, Infinity 6.5" speakers all around, 7000k true HID light kit, InJen CAI.