Rally Racing

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
MR_BKDW

Rally Racing

Post by MR_BKDW »

Has any one seen a Vibe in a rally race or have actully race one in a rally race. I have never seen one on the races I have watched on tv being either the WRC or the SCCA races. In the PS2 game Global Rally Campionship:Africa the Vibe is a car you can race with. Just wondering if the vibe is really a rally racing car.
Bowlsie

Re: Rally Racing (MR_BKDW)

Post by Bowlsie »

I haven't seen a Vibe in Rally but I don't see why one couldn't be set up to run. Would be interesting. Hmmm....
BowlsieLava 03 Vibe GT Moon/Tunes
Psychobroker

Re: Rally Racing (Bowlsie)

Post by Psychobroker »

Well, according to THIS LINK, a Pontiac Vibe finished 14th in the 2002 Alcan Rally (8-26-02), which is a 9-day / 5,000 mile tour rally (not like the Paris-Dakar) rally. It looks like real rally cars entered the race:ex: Challenge Driving SubaruThe route is approximately 5,000 miles long, through Alaska and western Canada, hence the name, "Alcan".Alcan 5000 official websiteThank you google
MonotoneSatellite

Re: Rally Racing (Psychobroker)

Post by MonotoneSatellite »

Check out the Frosty! Nice to see a Vibe up in the North Woods!http://www.therallyeclub.org/alcan1.htm [IMG][/IMG]

Attached files
AKLGT

Re: Rally Racing (MonotoneSatellite)

Post by AKLGT »

I never knew they did that. go figure. you know, i've lived in AK for 10 years now and never seen a bear in the wild! everyone else in my family sees them, just not me. maybe when i go to denali over labor day weekend, i'll be able to spot a few.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
MrRich

Re: Rally Racing (MonotoneSatellite)

Post by MrRich »

quote:Check out the Frosty! Nice to see a Vibe up in the North Woods!http://www.therallyeclub.org/alcan1.htm [IMG][/IMG] I don't want to be picky.But i guess it is a Satellite.Maybe i'm wrong.
GenVibe Patriarch
scherry2

Re: Rally Racing (MrRich)

Post by scherry2 »

the one in the rear view mirror looks white to me
slbpsi63

Re: Rally Racing (scherry2)

Post by slbpsi63 »

I've seen a picture of a matrix rally car on matrixowners.com. It had a full night time set up including that bad (removed) light kit!!!!
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
russ257

Re: Rally Racing (slbpsi63)

Post by russ257 »

i think rally racing would be so fun to do i would love to hook up the vibe but that will have to wait till i am rich and have several cars and can afford such things. I think rally racking would be the most fun of all racing to participate in
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub