siiick wheel hop!?!

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
sikvibe

siiick wheel hop!?!

Post by sikvibe »

I went to the local drag way this weekend and experienced massive wheel hop whenever I tried to get a decent launch..My best times were only when i took off slowly at low rpm, getting into the low 16's. I was thinking about raising the rear end with spacers or even putting the smaller overall diameter, larger sidewall stock front tires back on..anyone else experience this..any ideas??
*03 SIKVIBE*Performance mods in order:18x8 Konig illusion rims w/ falken ziex 235/40R18 tires~1.5" lowered TEIN S. tech springs~GM performance parts supercharger~TRD add-on ECU for S/C~Drop in spectre high flow air filter~Tripod center dash oil pres.,egt/boost, a/f guage pod~Homemade .5" custom S/C thermal intake spacer~1.9" aluminum S/C pulley~150 psi>530cc nozzle water/alcohol injection system~2.5" single cat proflow muffler opposite exit install
Faultline

Re: siiick wheel hop!?! (sikvibe)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by sikvibe »I went to the local drag way this weekend and experienced massive wheel hop whenever I tried to get a decent launch..My best times were only when i took off slowly at low rpm, getting into the low 16's. I was thinking about raising the rear end with spacers or even putting the smaller overall diameter, larger sidewall stock front tires back on..anyone else experience this..any ideas??Hey, I mentioned this on one of your other threads: ES motormount insterts helped tremendously. Your car is already lowered , so besides the sway bars and such, these inserts keep your engine from throwing weight around, and stop the rockin' and a rollin'. Of course, a limited slip differential would keep you from being a peg leg, but that is kinda pricey.Bring a portalble cigarette lighter compressor with you to the track, and let a lot of air out of your front tires, fill them up before you go back home. Get your 60 ft times down, that will be the key for you getting into the 15's.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
revstohigh

Re: siiick wheel hop!?!

Post by revstohigh »

yes deff get the motor mount inserts . and for cars this size 29 psi is a pretty good start for front tires any lower and the center wolnt contact well enough . i wouldnt raise the rear cause technically you want the front high and back low for a good launch . its all about getting the rear to squat . also not sure if avail for the vibe , but an extra link with a swing arm going to the lower controll arms would surely stop all hop !
also i inflate the rears to max to reduce rolling resistance . other cheap things that can help at the track are. bag of ice on manifold between runs . deadjust the rear break shoes a little , remove the cat back for the day . its weight reduction and flow lol . and unless the track is far away i would remove the jack & spare for the day along with anything else in the car you don't need esp big sub boxes !
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45