SLP day results

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
lordyogi

SLP day results

Post by lordyogi »

Well folks i went to SLP's customer appreciation day here in Florida today. And guess what? I was the ONLY Vibe there, there were none observing no spectators in them, I was the only one. It felt good. I got to run with the GTP grand prix's and buicks and such. I ended up getting in three runs. My times are not the greatest but im still working out slippin the damn clutch at the line so that the car doesnt bog so bad after the wheels finally hook up.Run 1: Dump at 4000rpm2.464 60'=======15.905@89.74mphRun 2: Dump at 4500rpm2.416 60'=======15.943@88.41mphRun 3: Slipped the clutch from 5500rpm raced a GTP jumped the light ended up winning barely but i missed 3rd gear, when discussed with friends, think had i hit it good prolly woulda shaved about 3-tenths off the run.2.396 60'=======16.028@87.67mph like i said i missed 3rd, but it shoulda been a 15.7 at about 92 or so.on the last run i got the grand prix out of the hole and opened up a lead, and from what people tell me the crowd was cheerin that i was beating him. and with the supercharged 6 cylinder he pulled on me really good and i only won by .1718sI had a good time there i would recommend finding one by you and goin you get to race for FREE!!! and you get a FREE goddy bag!!! (shirt, licsense plate cover, pen, letter opener, sticker, slp car stick on, and a hat) It was well worth it.by the way i have never seen so many F-body cars in my entire life or Z06 corvettes gathered in one location.I dont have any pictures as of yet but SLPOnline may have them.Thats all from here,Yogi
MagnaFlow ExhaustAEM CAI Windows Tinted 35% up front 20% rest17" Quantum Tek S-16 wheels w/ Dayton Daytona ZR performance rubber.Wish list:Eibach Lowering SpringsHotchkiss Sway BarsStrut Tower BarJL Audio Vibe GT Systembest time: 15.564@90.64dyno run : 162.1 wheel hptranslates to approx: 192 flywheel hp
rasermon

Re: SLP day results (lordyogi)

Post by rasermon »

After reading your post I'm looking forward for our drag strips in Michigan to open. Last year I also missed 3rd, ended up with 16.34.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
HIGHREV

Re: SLP day results (rasermon)

Post by HIGHREV »

Speaking of SLP, Is there any more test results on their ram air hood. Last I knew that had not done any track testing on the horsepower.
Neptune GTMoon & TunesPower Package