Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally!

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
duck3

Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally!

Post by duck3 »

310 miles in 4 hours 11 minutes with 10 checkpoint stops and 2 gas stops with an average of 75mph on 55mph roads!Hey all you vibe owners....thought you'd get a kick outta this! I recently entered my 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT (bone stock minus performance clutch) into a road race and WON! Not only that, but I had the car going about 135 MPH for over 15 minutes! Check it out at http://www.cornballrun.com/?page=resultsThere is also a list of the other cars in the race on the "Signup" pageThe attached picture is in 5th gear by the way!

Attached files
CountryVibe

Re: Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally! (duck3)

Post by CountryVibe »

Thats awesome. The look on the driver porsche must have been price less
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
kevera

Re: Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally! (CountryVibe)

Post by kevera »

Hahaha,you beat him by 40 minutes,great job.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Mavrik

Re: Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally! (kevera)

Post by Mavrik »

Just goes to show you don't need a fast car to be a fast driver
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

that is awesome! I love rallies and WRC I love having the navigator and driver working together trying to plan routes and stuff.. OH MAN WRC 2007 :Danywho congrats dude, VIBE ftw!! hahha I too would love to see the face of the porshe and...I think the caddy...but i couldnt tell I was distracted.... if you have more pics post em up!
djb383

Post by djb383 »

Third place just looks lost.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Mavrik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »I think the caddy...but i couldnt tell I was distracted.... if you have more pics post em up!lol what were you looking at? wish we had road rally stuff here. Instead all we have is like puzzles to solve while driving to check points. who ever finishes first with the least amount of penalties wins. Also not allowed to exceed speed limits as they know how long it takes to drive each point. lame....
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

our road rally = boring and lame
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

that is awesome i would love to do something like that
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
djb383

Post by djb383 »

I think the dude that finished 2nd would have actually won the race..........obviously he was distracted.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
VIBEwithanO

Re: (djb383)

Post by VIBEwithanO »

That's awesome, and kind of scary at the same time. I'll remember to keep mine under 100, though I don't plan on rallying anytime soon. Congrats on the win!
2006 Stealth AWDInterior Trim PaintBillet GrillFog Covers (MVTG)Rims & Tires (coming soon!)
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Vibe GT beats out Porsche and Evo in Road Rally! (duck3)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Congratulations! That's fricken awesome. Would love to hear a write up of your adventure.