vibe racing?

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
sillyvibegt

vibe racing?

Post by sillyvibegt »

hello im new here and i was wondering if anyone else raced their vibe in amateur events? and if so what mods you running? i just installed a fidanza aluminum flywheel and fidanza 4.3 clutch kit and my vibe turned into a monster i get 0-60 in 6.3 secs now. i recommend this driveline setup to any serious vibe owner.
Mavrik

Re: vibe racing? (sillyvibegt)

Post by Mavrik »

well not seriously raced but I took my base Vibe to the drag a couple times. With just a unichip, catback exhaust and injen intake... I got a 16.8 lol. Thats with non to spectacular launches with wheel hop and spin. But I beat a honda HAHA. [IMG][/IMG]one of my spectacular 16.8 second runs against my wife's stage 2 Legacy GT. She'll be fighting me off this year though... gonna be behind the wheel of an 07 STi
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

woot! i believe that second run was vs Wes's STI. of course he botched 2nd, but a win's a win! yep, gonna be a tough season this year! but i got some plans up my sleeve! :D we're gonna have some hella fast cars this year! ok, next year, they will both be much faster! i want to take the STI to stg 2 and mine to like stg 4++++
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
tcam

Re: vibe racing? (Mavrik)

Post by tcam »

wow that's impressive. what other mods do u have? I thought the 4.3 clutch is like...crazy stiff. lol
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by sillyvibegt »hello im new here and i was wondering if anyone else raced their vibe in amateur events? and if so what mods you running? i just installed a fidanza aluminum flywheel and fidanza 4.3 clutch kit and my vibe turned into a monster i get 0-60 in 6.3 secs now. i recommend this driveline setup to any serious vibe owner.have you taken it to the track? and though i had my VGT modded, i never took it to the track to see what she could do. really wish i had now, but back then $25 to run just seemed too high. now it's like no big deal. LOL. plus, when you go with a big group of people, it's fun.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

welcome to the boardsweet, 6 sec 60cool so now i'm not the only one in the wilkes barre area driving a vibe and under 40. (i'm 21 and from dallas but chester is where i go to school)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

welcome to the boards... glad to see someone closer to me that is in to modding the vibe.Scranton isn't that far from me about 1hr-1.15 from Easton... Pending how fast I drive...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
sillyvibegt

Re: vibe racing? (tcam)

Post by sillyvibegt »

the 4.3 isn't so scary, i also own an rx7 with twin plate clutch, now thats stiff. i also have hot spark plugs, coils, eibach prokit drop, flowmaster purple horny exhaust, enkei 16" aluminum racing wheels, kuhmo ecsta v700 tires(track only) i use BFG g-force for the street, otto-R short ram intake w/custom cold ram piping, looking into upgrading ecu next......supercharger in my forcast.
sillyvibegt

Re: vibe racing? (AKLGT)

Post by sillyvibegt »

yes i raced in soloII autocross last year in HS class. i was in frst with a 6 point lead in the NEPA region. couldnt make last 2 events and placed 2nd for the season.
sillyvibegt

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by sillyvibegt »

is your vibe a gt?is it modded at all?do you race?
sillyvibegt

Re: vibe racing? (Mavrik)

Post by sillyvibegt »

my vibe is a predator that especially, and with much malice, eats hondas for breakfast,lunch,and dinner. vtech junk! should be vvtl-i
sillyvibegt

Re: vibe racing? (keithvibe)

Post by sillyvibegt »

hihave you topped yours yet, best i have to date is 143 mph! gotta love the open road! have you upgraded your fuel at all? im looking for best equipment suggestions
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

mines just a base and not modded other than tint, i'd love to do more but dont have the money, college steals it all. i'd love to race but didnt know there was anything in the area but i'm only home on breaks anyways and dont have time. parents probably wouldnt be happy eitheri should be home for the summer, i'd love to meet and see ur vibe sounds like some nice work that you've done to it
sillyvibegt

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by sillyvibegt »

april 22 is the first scca autox event it is in williamsport google search nepa-sccafollow the links to the event calandercome see if you can hang with methe vibe is very capable in hs class i was winning last year w/2 events left but i couldnt make the last two eventsi am an autosports supplier and i have many parts available for vibe, thats why my gt is sooo fastjoshJJAMSSMOTORSPORTS Inc.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

the vibe gt is a very quick car, especially for autox with the proper set up. definitely want the sway bars to get rid of body roll! LOL. good luck this year! we'll both be running subies this season.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS