Fastest Vibe?

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, we went out to the track this morn. last day for this season, so next year Mother's Day will be the next time we get to run. Phil did well, but with the warmer air and sun (not that it was a totally bad thing, but not so great for racing) we ran slower than usual. he did beat a honda civic and ran his best time of the day with 16.85 ET. i think the unichip helped a lot on that low end and his launches seemed better and stronger. if we'd had more time, i would have liked to run the vibe myself for a run or two, just to see the difference. oh well.my best run of the day was 13.66 ET but Phil says I ran a 13.4 but the stupid printer didn't print it out. a couple people said it, but there's no pics or proof. that sucks! oh well.... something to shoot for next timre, right? funny though, we're out there and here comes this honda civic with the front end gone. it's towed in by a huge escalade right. so they spend all morning installing the FMIC to this sucker (now we see why there's no front end because it takes up the entire front of the car). they FINALLY get it out on the track and it's only running low 15's! all that money and work.... huge TURBO and it's still 15's. now, there was a nice looking 98 integra that was fast. he was running low to mid 13's! now i can't wait til next season when we get Phil's STI and I can upgrade my turbo. I bet if spent the same $$$ on parts I could get down to 12's! :D
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

sweet 12's!!! my buddy is pretty close to that he is hitting a 13.2 in his SRT-4 and just recently bought a bigger intercooler still with stoke turbo stock header and exhaust he just has motor mounts, intake, a unichip and a pulley so goes to show those buggers are quick but his cousin got pretty much every bolt on and he's hitting low 12's high 11's pretty impressive!! But good luck with the bigger turbo ive always loved subarus i would love to have one especially an STI!!
2010 vibe gt
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, phil conceded he was no match for the subies, but dammit, he was NOT going to allow that Honda to beat him! LOLya, i was pretty proud of him. he was grinning from ear to ear! unfortunately, i had just parked so only got to see the tail end of the race... so right after he ran, one of our subie buddies blew out his tranny for the 3rd time, so you can hear phil say he's quitting while he's ahead so someone doesn't have to tow him off the track! (removed)!to say the least, i was damn proud of him!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Yeah... its kinda sad though, the only car I beat was a stock 91 honda civic wagon 1.6litre thing... and he was doing 17.2 but I don't think he was completely stock as claimed because his car had that tell tale hornet sound. And I know a stock honda doesn't sound like that lol.I have also figured out I will probably never get better then 16.8 on the 1/4mile unless I race against someone driving a car simular to mine. There is no drive to win when your up against a Subaru. You know your going to lose and so there is no determination. I don't know what I did different driving up against that honda that got me into the 16s and winning. I even hit the rev limiter in 1st when I glanced to the side to see were he was.The unichip made everything a lot smoother, more low end torque but it didn't make me faster. Well I retired with my win knowing my luck if I ran one more they could have been pushing me off the track as well. I gotta drive my car every day so there is no need to beat the crap out of it. I think the car has a low 16 in it somewhere... if I could only keep my front wheels from hopping or spinning on launch its a possibility.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

who knows phil, perhaps that honda had a hole somewhere in the exhaust making the bumblebee sound.i would really like to run my maxx. at gateway international raceway, they have what's called "midnight madness" on friday nights. you pay like 20 bucks and can race from 10pm to 3 am. perhaps after i finally get some exhaust work done, i will will pony up next season. car and driver got the maxx to do a 16.1, not too bad i guess.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Do not race knowing you will lose. Start racing bracket racing where the fastest car does not matter. Your car will be consistent and you could win money. And my two cents on Dynos from earlier in this thread is people should get one! People can add up what they think all their bolt ons added all day long but without proof, you can only speculate. With my Corvette and mods I am conservative and state they bring in 20 more HP. A Dyno would really tell me and a drag race would only tell me how fast it is.Another mod I have done was added a Titanium exhaust which took off 20 lbs from the stock exhaust. That mod would show up in a drag race possibly due to a weight difference.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ya, it's really too bad there isn't an awd dyno here. there are so many people with modified AWD's, but nothing to check them. plus, there are some very very heavily modified AWD cars, not just the subes, but the evo's and such. and yes, weight reduction definitely helps! i was happy to run in the mid to high 13's most of the day, even with the sun out. i took out as much as i could but left my interior in tact (seats, etc). next year, just for fun, i'm going to run without my front bumper! LOL... why? just because..
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SuperSpeedWagon

lol running without a front bumper sounds good to me well i c it all the time down here where i live. there is also alot of moded subies and evos down here its pretty sweet watching them run the track and the trucks are AMAZINGLY fast!!! for being so heavy, theres a lifted f-250 turbo diesel running low 12's crazy!!! also a lifted chevy running 11's!! crazy trucks
2010 vibe gt
WENIS

Re: (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by WENIS »

Quote, originally posted by SuperSpeedWagon »sweet 12's!!! my buddy is pretty close to that he is hitting a 13.2 in his SRT-4 and just recently bought a bigger intercooler still with stoke turbo stock header and exhaust he just has motor mounts, intake, a unichip and a pulley so goes to show those buggers are quick but his cousin got pretty much every bolt on and he's hitting low 12's high 11's pretty impressive!! But good luck with the bigger turbo ive always loved subarus i would love to have one especially an STI!! Wow, you sure about that Unichip on that SRT-4? I’ve only ever heard of ppl using e-manage, or the new AEM PnP chip because there wasn’t any other PnP options available? And they’d only do this for running a big turbo set-up (400+whp)… Stage-1 is $400, add in an AGP waste gate actuator to boost 18psi ($160), a custom dumped side pipe ($50) and low 13’s@106+mph on stock rubber is very achievable, not to mention much less expensive. Unless somewhere unichips are cheaper than the $900 - $1000 I’ve seen listed…
Black '03 SRT-4 - Mopar Stage-1Black '05 Vibe - Stock
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (WENIS)

well his chip was $800 and yes he is stage 2 its pretty crazy but its one fast SRT-4 man running a 13.2 and possible 12 insane!!
2010 vibe gt
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Once I get my STi, I'll go gut the Vibe, put on steel wheels on the front and remove my front bumper. I bet I'll break 12s
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
drunkenmaxx

Re:

Post by drunkenmaxx »

wouldn't removing the front bumper affect aerodynamics? besides that, how much can that piece of plastic really weigh? i bet most people who do that are ricers trying to show off their intercooler.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
WENIS

Post by WENIS »

Quote, originally posted by SuperSpeedWagon » well his chip was $800 and yes he is stage 2 its pretty crazy but its one fast SRT-4 man running a 13.2 and possible 12 insane!! Ahh he’s running Mopar Stage-2, so he’s not using a “unichip” per say, but an aftermarket chip (“Mopar stage-2). Yes that is roughly $900 for a new Engine controller, wastegate actuator, bigger injectors (even bigger than stage-1) and two new sensors. They do tend to run low 13’s, or high 12’s on stock rubber. Certainly not bad for $900. You might enjoy this, it’s is an old video of “SRTGurl” running against a Viper. http://www.srtgurl.com/srtgurlvsviper.wmv RightCLick 'Save As" please.Her mods on this run were Mopar Stage-1, AGP wastegate set to 18psi, 3” turbo back exhaust, STOCK TURBO & no weight redux or anything like that. She is however running on a set of D/R’s, so on stock rubber it’d have most likely been a low 13 rather than a 12.65. She’s now running over 400whp on a bigger aftermarket turbo. The power adder mods added together are roughly $900… so it’s pretty similar to a S2 set-up. This is what I was thinking of doing to mine, since I don’t want Dodge to know about it They need your Vin number to order the staged upgrades or else your car wont start My dealer said they'd honor Stage-1 since it's so close to a stock 2004 (same injectors, with slightly more agressive tune), but not S2 or S3.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well you pay to play in every regard if you don't try and pull a fast one on a dealership.I personally don't see how a 12 second car can be a good daily driver lol. You need a second car once your into that kind of modification. Something is going to break lol.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

bleh. a simple turbo upgrade and/or TMIC upgrade and retune will put the LGT at 12's i'm sure. still relatively reliable depending on what exactly is done. most of the STI swaps have been almost bullet proof if they haven't done anything stupid with the car or clutch.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
WENIS

Post by WENIS »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Well you pay to play in every regard if you don't try and pull a fast one on a dealership.I personally don't see how a 12 second car can be a good daily driver lol. You need a second car once your into that kind of modification. Something is going to break lol.It really depends on the car, and how well it's modded. There are plenty of daily driven SRT's running low 13's high 12's without any problems. SRTgurl for instance has over 66k miles (and more than 250 runs down the 1/4) on her car which is daily driven and has been making over 430whp on stock internals for a little over a year now... It helps having forged internals and a stock crank that can handle over 1300hp (Dodge's SRT-4 drag car used a stock crank and a few other stock parts). Stage-3 car running 11's:http://www.chicagolandsrtclub....2.wmvMod list:Mopar stage 3Mopar stage 3 coilovers26 x 8.5 x 15 m&h slicks15" kosie k1's60mm lorenzo throttle body + spacer3" turbo back exhaust clutchmasters stage 4 6 puck clutchfull proathane bushing kitgreddy type rs blow off valve jmb up pipeThe SRT engineers designed the stock motor to be able to handle their stage-3 upgrade(370whp/380wtq) without the need to upgrade the internals... just throw in a higher capacity clutch and you're good to go. In fact when Sport Compact Car test drove the "Stage-3R Lightweight SRT-4" back in Nov '04 the one thing that amazed them more than the sheer power was the how livable it was on the street. The drove it 100 miles from their "LA office to Willow springs Raceway without one drivability glitch". Clearly the engineers built in a little safety factor which is why a number of SRT's are running 400+whp on stock internals wihtout any hickups... good tuning goes a long way too. Not to say that people haven't blown up an SRT There was a guy who early on slapped on the biggest turbo he could fit behind the engine, cranked up the boost to over 530whp (burnt the stock clutch lol) He ran some 11 second passes, then went for a 10, turned up the boost a little more, and BOOM! Blew up half way down the track... though it still pulled off a 12 second pass 500hp vid:Click to see VideoBlow-up vid:Click to see VideoLike TRDVibe said, 12's can be streetable if done right... helps starting out with a F/I set-up to begin with though
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i wanna see caliber srt4 specs!!! that might be my next car if its throwing some good numbers and mopar has some stage kits for it.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

heh. i'm still running my stock all season's...
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
WENIS

Re: (northvibe)

Post by WENIS »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »i wanna see caliber srt4 specs!!! that might be my next car if its throwing some good numbers and mopar has some stage kits for it.Yes there are saposed to be at least 2 Mopar stage kits... probably similar to the neons’s stage-2 & 3 performance.3 page article from C&D: http://www.caranddriver.com/pr....htmlI'm not a fan of the front end... but it's rated at 300hp/260lb ft of torque and I'm all but convinced it too is under-rated much like the Neon SRT-4 was. Estimated to run 0-60 under 6 seconds and the 1/4 in about the same time as a nSRT-4 around 14 flat. The new engine is slightly different than the old NeonSRT-4 engine... it's all aluminum with iron cyl sleeves, I heard it's an open deck design which all but rules out 4 digit hp numbers, but umm who cares... not like you could drive a 1000hp Caliber on the street anyway. It revs a little higher due to a shorter stroke, but is still 2.4L. They improved head flow, raised the compression ratio (which means it doesn't require as much boost to make the same power) then actually raised the max boost to 16psi up from 15psi (both SRT-4's ECUs regulate the boost depending on weather conditions so you get optimal performance in most conditions, even hot dry weather at higher altitudes), threw on a 3" exhaust stock, and VVT to make one of the flattest tq curves I've ever heard of. It makes max torque (260) all the way from 2000rpm to 6000rpm. Now, here's why I think that 300 will be measured at the wheels... the current SRT-4 makes 250lb ft of tq at the wheels stock, with all of those improvements would you not expect the new SRT-4 to make at least 10lb ft more (260) torque at the wheels? If it does, and does it at 6000rpm, that would equal 297whp. Some on the SRT forums disagree though We'll just have to wait and see.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yeppers... that's my goal with my LGT. i want to get it to about 300 awhp there abouts. but as safely as possible to be used as my daily driver. so far, it seems i can do a simple turbo upgrade and TMIC, maybe a real uppipe or downpipe (not my gutted stockers), or headers to get get me there. depending on what kind of turbo, depends on what gains or what i'm wanting to do. I don't like too much turbo lag, so..... hard choices next year for the future. oh well. LOL got awhile before that happens. until then, pay off bills and save up for the house (cause i want a 3 car garage).
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SuperSpeedWagon

those are some crazy numbers there man! SRT-4 are awesome cars i love the seats well the front ones awesome to ride in... and the take off is sweet also, My brother was going to get one but the insurance is crazy on that thing. but oh well i just wish my car was just as fast lol that would be sweet
2010 vibe gt
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

So who has the fastest Vibe? Seems to be a lot of talk about Dodges.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Mavrik

Re: (Jeremy96gase)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Jeremy96gase »So who has the fastest Vibe? Seems to be a lot of talk about Dodges.I have the fastest one in Alaska only because no one else is talking about theirs.
AKLGT

Re: (Jeremy96gase)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Jeremy96gase »So who has the fastest Vibe? Seems to be a lot of talk about Dodges.because so far, everyone is talk talk talk, and no proof proof proof! we're still waiting for the s/c crew to get their asses to the track and post up! otherwise, it's just about what i did from this stop light to the next... not really a good way to tell how fast you are if you only race like vehicles. then you're both guessing how fast you both are! LOLeither faultline or devlop have the fastest times POSTED (at some point, but can't find it from long ago) with their turbo'd base vibes. i believe they both ran mid 14's.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Got your fastest Matrix here.http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyot....htmlYou should sit down before looking at it.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
WENIS

Re: (Lancer)

Post by WENIS »

Haha sweet... That'd be awsome to have such a sleeper!
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

WoW! nice... all it needs now is a bath!!!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (Mrizzle05)

hahaha thats a flippin fast time man.... thats because it says he has no turbo all motor and a huge shot of nitrous
2010 vibe gt
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

with a shot of 125, it should be fast. ha ha... could only imagine if i bottle fed my LGT.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Lancer)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

jesus cristo! 125 shot of NO!>NNNAAAAWWS!!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

you need that in your maxx!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
sillyvibegt

Post by sillyvibegt »

i drive a 2005 vibe gt in stock class in soloII autocross, with only race tires i slapped a cobalt ss time and time again, the vibe has less body roll thus better cornering....i beat corvettes too
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

LOL. that has nothing to do with FAST but everything to do with QUICK. it's driver dependant. you can have the slowest car there but kick everyone's (removed) at autox if you know how to drive your car and they don't know how to drive theirs. Just imagine if you had all that power of a corvette how much faster you might be! Top end is top end. anyone can drive in a straight line. you say you hit 143 mph top end, but so what. how fast did it take to get there? where's your time slip to prove it? i make all kinds of crazy claims online, but unless i have the slips to back it up, that's all it is: claims. prove that your car is as fast as you SAY it is.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

my car is very fast. i could easily run a 13.