First try at racing legal.

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Lancer

First try at racing legal.

Post by Lancer »

Man, this is weird, but with having a couple close calls with the police has started to make me paranoid about street racing. Pluse I know everyone (including myself) is dying to see what my car can really do at the track.So, spent all week getting the car ready for the track. Was going to be Wed. but that day was canelled for some reason. Even though it was a PERFECT night. Made sure all the fluid levels are where they're supposed to be, took out some excess weight. Finally completed the WI. Didn't think it was working at first so I switched a plug and started squirting water into the manifold without the engine running. But everything is fine. It DOES work if you plug the nozzle into the manifold where so many people plug in thier boost guage.Anyway, half way to the track it started to rain a little. First bad sign. Get to the pit entrance and there's a line almost 2 blocks long (2nd bad sign). Pits close in 20 minutes. Then I get a peek at the pits. Holy cow it's packed!! It's supposed to be a Real Street drags night, but because of the finals this weekend, all the pro-stock, trailered race cars were there using the street racers one night a month as a test & tune night. So, needless to say I didn't stay. Didn't feel like paying $25 to wait in line to maybe do one run. I'll try again next week. And see how buisy it is during the Highschool drags / Beat the Heat night.Don't worry, still got 2 months left in the season to get a time slip.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
tcam

Re: First try at racing legal. (Lancer)

Post by tcam »

lol, geez. Everything is against u
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

bummer! looking forward to seeing what your car actually does.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

bummer for sure! i cant wait till you get some slips
joholste

Re: (northvibe)

Post by joholste »

can't wait to see your 1/4 mile times
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes, and cooler air will certainly help! all i can say from drag racing my AT, is practice that launch and reaction time!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GrayFox

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by GrayFox »

good luck on getting in, lancer!I can't wait to see that time
Mavrik

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Yeah I wanna see some slips. Sounds like a bad night. What you need is a Gtech and at least 2 runs at a track to calibrate it. Then your set to drag on a deserted road and see what your putting down at the wheels.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page